Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 11:42 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,193,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Have you ever heard of New York City Mr Vigildo?

I don't think people are killing themselves there. I would rather live in NYC that in Roma Gypsy infested Barcelona. At least my purse will be safe.
Most of continental Europe is Gypsy infested, but I guess Europe is not for you.

BTW, saying ROMA is enough, there is no need on saying ROMA GYPSY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 05:37 AM

2,226 posts, read 5,107,692 times
I guess she meant Romanian Gypsies.
But regular Romanians, Bosnians and Kosovars are also a great problem.
Problem is that they are white and they dress like tourists, almost impossible to spot.
In Italy the problem is far worse.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:08 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
Most of continental Europe is Gypsy infested, but I guess Europe is not for you.

BTW, saying ROMA is enough, there is no need on saying ROMA GYPSY.
Since you are so familiar with Europe, you should know that not all European countries have this problem. Countries like Austria and Germany which are actually closer to Eastern Europe do not have this out of control petty theft. And no, I wouldn't want to live in a place where my hard earned money can be stolen in seconds and the laws protect more the criminals than the victims like in Barcelona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolón View Post
But regular Romanians, Bosnians and Kosovars are also a great problem.
Problem is that they are white and they dress like tourists, almost impossible to spot.
In Italy the problem is far worse.
True, but that was my point. We don't have those kind of problems in Miami or NYC because if you are caught robbing in the USA, you will be in jail for a long time. Your comment about Americans was just wrong. We are far more civilized because we have LAWS that protect the victims, not the criminals.

Last edited by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥; 07-15-2010 at 07:19 AM..

Old 07-15-2010, 10:06 AM

Yes, but there are no guns here and there are no ghettos where you can get killed just because you're a tourist that ignores where ghettos are.

There are no blighted areas in the city where police is not present.

No parts of any city here are comparable with Liberty City, Overtown and that little section in the Grove. I don't think that people that live there receive much protection from the law.

Homicide rate/percapita in the US is four times larger, those laws ain't working.

Last edited by Manolón; 07-15-2010 at 10:35 AM..

Old 07-15-2010, 10:44 AM

1,946 posts, read 5,383,985 times
Quote:
Yes, but there are no guns here and there are no ghettos where you can get killed just because you're a tourist that ignores where ghettos are.

There are no blighted areas in the city where police is not present.

No parts of any city here are comparable with Liberty City, Overtown and that little section in the Grove. I don't think that people that live there receive much protection from the law.

Homicide rate/percapita in the US is four times larger, those laws ain't working.
You're saying there aren't any slums in Europe?

Old 07-16-2010, 02:47 AM

Not anything resemblant to an American Black Ghetto.
I witnessed two riots there in Miami, the last in 1980 was scaring.
People killed just for passing by...cut to pieces, their languages cut..
No, not yet..

Old 07-16-2010, 12:51 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,193,988 times
Manolon, Miami is not dangerous anymore, and we really don't have slums like Rio or something. I see a good future for this city.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:58 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,383,985 times
Quote:
Not anything resemblant to an American Black Ghetto.
I witnessed two riots there in Miami, the last in 1980 was scaring.
People killed just for passing by...cut to pieces, their languages cut..
No, not yet..
Well good to know that if there's another riot in the French Muslim neighborhoods like in 2005 I can just walk through without a problem.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:11 PM

Flyers

Those "banlieus" are not exclusively Algerian or Moroccan, a lot of poor French and immigrants live there. Those are no real riots, not a Miami style riot, they just burn parked cars and mess a little with cops. No guns.

You can live there or pass through the area. Yes, nobody will attack you just because you're not from Magreb.

I read in Internet that this area in Miami is the third most dangerous area in the US (Overtown).

25 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods - WalletPop

Last edited by Manolón; 07-16-2010 at 01:27 PM..

Old 07-16-2010, 04:40 PM

242 posts, read 315,441 times
Nowhere in Europe has anything like the ghettos in the USA. In the EU, poor people are nowhere near as marginalized or disenfranchised as they are here.

Last edited by Your.Decision; 07-16-2010 at 04:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami