Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 10:28 AM

326 posts, read 1,170,045 times

Advertisements

The Dynasty is about to begin we all know what happend when Wade gets a big man. Micheal Wilbon is having an interview today at 12:30 on ESPN. Dare I say may Lebron James might be enticed on joining them? I know it'll be hard to tell with all other free agents not signed, but what are your predictions for the Heat this year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 10:30 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,773 times
I watched a video on espn saying Miami has a good chance of getting Lebron.
Are you happy now folks? You have killed Cleveland...

Old 07-07-2010, 04:18 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,704 times
Let's wait till tomorrow, to know what Lebron will do. All that ego in one team does not guarantee a championship.

Be careful what you wish for.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:45 PM

58 posts, read 117,544 times
Man! Wade and possibly Lebron James? I'm moving back to S. FL at just the right time!!!!

Old 07-07-2010, 08:44 PM

41 posts, read 113,413 times
At this point, I would be shocked if Lebron does not resign with Cleveland. I just don't think you create an espn show to announce your plans to abandon your hometown. Bad PR.

Dynasty? Not so fast. Shaq and Kobe got crushed by the Pistons a few years ago. Nothing is guaranteed. Kind of like calling yourself "King James" and you haven't even won a single NBA title.

I'm happy for Heat fans though.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:31 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,186,790 times
I'm happy for the Heat, Wade got re-signed, Bosh got signed, it was a good day for Miami sports. My gut feeling is that Lebron will stick with the Cavs, it's his hometown and all, but it's all about money and championships nowadays so I don't know. Seriously though, as much as I like LBJ, the Heat really don't need him, we have Wade, and ofcourse the big man Bosh now .

Old 07-08-2010, 12:53 PM

326 posts, read 1,170,045 times
Even if the Heat don't get Lebron it's still a very successful offseason. The Heat got an inside outside game now to build around with the rest of their cap space and possibly trade Beasley. It's obvious that Wade is not egostitical and less selfish as Lebron or any other franchise player. Wade knows what it takes being an NBA Finals MVP and oftens plays point guard dishing assists. He will gladly getting the assist instead of points if it means more wins with less workload for him.

Free agents were tempted by family, location, media market and roster talent. But at the end of the day their all coming to Miami to get what Wade already has a ring? Was is because Miami has shown their eagerness to build and win before? Unfortunetely the Heat got Shaq later in his career who knows what could of happened? Wade and Bosh alreadt talking pay cut without Lebron in the picture is a good sign. Only time and rings will tell if three hungry superstars (friends) willing to work together for a common purpose.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:13 PM

389 posts, read 1,084,235 times
I just don't see how it could work. Here are my reasons:

#1 Wade and Lebron are very similar players. I think they may clash a lot.

#2 Who else will the Heat get? They will be left with very little cap room to fill out the roster. If one of the 3 go down, who is going to provide the necessary back-up?

I think if Lebron really wanted to win a championship, he'd go to the Bulls. Reason being that they now have Boozer to go along with Rose and Noah. You add Lebron to that team and they will be the team to beat in the East. I just don't think Lebron wants to be in Jordan's shadow which is why he won't go there.

Now if he went to NY, they may not win a championship this season, but next season, NY will have cap room for another big-time free agent. Possibly Melo or Deron Williams. Plus the Knicks have a decent supporting cast.

As of now, the only players the Heat have officially on their roster are Michael Beasley and Mario Chamers. And Beasley will probably be let go in a sign and trade for one of the big 3.

I think the Heat will have a better shot if they were to stick with Wade and Bosh and fill out the rest of the roster with mid-level players.

If the next big 3 comes to fruition, the rest of the roster will be filled with veterans and low-level talented players.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong and it works for the Heat. It would be great to have all 3 down here. but if they don't get Lebron, I think the Heat will still be a greatly improved team.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:05 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,538,899 times
and the king

good for miami!

Old 07-08-2010, 08:20 PM

58 posts, read 117,544 times
Yeahhhh baby!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami