Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2007, 04:16 AM

94 posts, read 134,293 times

Advertisements

For 2nd yr in a row Miami gets the worse drivers "award".

The "award" should hang in the Mayors office as with him in office we are the worse city for drivers for the second year in a row.

I imagine we will receive this "fantastic" award for a 3rd year and EVERY year he is in office .

Thank Mayor for the "looking after our safety" . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 10:23 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,455,683 times
I know and some people are in denial about this.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:58 PM

94 posts, read 134,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
I know and some people are in denial about this.
I drive a Cooper (small car) and I actually drive the speed limit and I am a considerate driver thus sometimes bit nervous driving here lol.

I did write the Mayor asking him nicely if you have an SUV is it mandatory to speed -ignore traffic signs -while speaking on the cell phone as I am planning on getting one and that seems to be the norm .

He hasnt written me back lol

Old 06-21-2007, 01:02 PM

929 posts, read 1,156,838 times
forget drivers.
take a look at how pissed off everyone is about the new toll theyre building on 836
No more free ride: State Road 836 gets new tolls - 06/21/2007 - MiamiHerald.com (broken link)

supposedly they want to build one for killian as well off 874 because everyone takes it to avoid the toll at the next exit.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valea View Post
I drive a Cooper (small car) and I actually drive the speed limit and I am a considerate driver thus sometimes bit nervous driving here lol.

I did write the Mayor asking him nicely if you have an SUV is it mandatory to speed -ignore traffic signs -while speaking on the cell phone as I am planning on getting one and that seems to be the norm .

He hasnt written me back lol
That is funny!

Old 06-21-2007, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiXeL View Post
forget drivers.
take a look at how pissed off everyone is about the new toll theyre building on 836
No more free ride: State Road 836 gets new tolls - 06/21/2007 - MiamiHerald.com (broken link)

supposedly they want to build one for killian as well off 874 because everyone takes it to avoid the toll at the next exit.
Yah they have been trying to put a toll on the killian exits and on ramps for like 2 years now, but the communities around there have fought MDX with lawyers and had that killed. They instead are putting the Sun Pass toll like on the 836 with no toll boths, not sure how they figure they will do this if not everyone has a sunpass yet. But people will pay for each mile they use the expressway.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:12 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,896,201 times
Does anyone have any clue as to how that all electronic toll system is supposed to work,I've been hearing about that in the future You're going to need sunpass to access these roads,what about tourists and there's always going to be people who aren't going to have sunpass.

Aside from the stretch that runs to 137th avenue I know I've already seen a couple of roads that are only for sunpass on the Turnpike,I think one by palm beach county and another one close to Kissimmee,what happens if you don't have sunpass,you can't use it!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: