Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 11:12 AM

94 posts, read 200,663 times

Advertisements

The Aventura Mall is a great place to shop (for Miami).............most of the time. Avoid the place at all cost on fri & sat evenings though. I like many stopped going to the movies there a long time ago. Unfortunately, the "pants on the ground" crowd invade and take the place over. Security is very lax and they let them run wild and act like fools. I just don't understand why the mall management for the most part tolerates their nonsense and let's them completely ruin such a nice place? Run them off and make them "hang out" somewhere else!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 07:49 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,896,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
and that can happen anywhere even in Beverly Hills -

Swim, I think you are thinking about Sawgrass Mall - I love it - it is awesome and there are a lot of restaurants!
I also like to shop at Sawgrass,however can someone explain what is going on with the Oasis outdoor area.It used to be a lot of restaurants and now it's basically just Cheesecake Factory,Wolfgang Puck closed years ago and nothing has ever replaced it,about a year ago they closed Legal Seafood which also remains empty and I almost forgot there used to be a Hard Rock cafe as well which also is empty.It's such a busy mall,what is the reason this part of the mall can't support restaurants unless they're called Cheesecake Factory.They also used to have this little tropical cafe and a Cheeburger,Cheeburger which I also found closed on my last visit,so what's the deal?

Old 09-03-2010, 09:16 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,419,829 times
definitely those kids arent from the Aventura area, but neighboring cities. Aventura is decent i just go to Macys and other shops but i avoid it at night.

I go to the movies but on a sunday morning when theres barely anyone at all.

Old 09-04-2010, 04:10 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,195,335 times
Aventura is a VERY religious neighborhood.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:01 AM

810 posts, read 1,578,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
Aventura is a VERY religious neighborhood.
yah but jewish not christian

Old 09-04-2010, 10:46 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,195,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
yah but jewish not christian
And somehow that makes it less religious

Old 09-04-2010, 11:47 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom1001 View Post
I also like to shop at Sawgrass,however can someone explain what is going on with the Oasis outdoor area.It used to be a lot of restaurants and now it's basically just Cheesecake Factory,Wolfgang Puck closed years ago and nothing has ever replaced it,about a year ago they closed Legal Seafood which also remains empty and I almost forgot there used to be a Hard Rock cafe as well which also is empty.It's such a busy mall,what is the reason this part of the mall can't support restaurants unless they're called Cheesecake Factory.They also used to have this little tropical cafe and a Cheeburger,Cheeburger which I also found closed on my last visit,so what's the deal?
The "pants on the ground " clan also invades The Oasis at the Saw Grass Mall on Friday and Saturday nights and seven days a week during summer vacation ... I presume that turned many people off on going to the restaurants ... I heard stories of South American and European tourists being hassled and even beaten up by local thugs at The Oasis ..... lovely

Old 09-05-2010, 08:48 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,670,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
The "pants on the ground " clan also invades The Oasis at the Saw Grass Mall on Friday and Saturday nights and seven days a week during summer vacation ... I presume that turned many people off on going to the restaurants ... I heard stories of South American and European tourists being hassled and even beaten up by local thugs at The Oasis ..... lovely
Are you guys getting the "pants on the ground" name from this American Idol audition?
YouTube - Pants On The Ground !!! American Idol Season 9 -Larry Platt (HQ) [Remix]

With that said, I haven't seen the "pants on the ground" crowd (I take it to mean young, rowdy kids) at Sunset Place on Fridays/Saturdays. There are a lot of young people, but they tend to be well-dressed and well-behaved.

I've been to the movies at Dolphin Mall a few times and weekend showtimes were jammed-packed with teens. Besides lots of loud talking and laughing through the previews, no problems.

It's rare that I get up to Aventura, but regarding the discussion of who goes to the mall and movies (locals versus others), I would guess that the best time to see locals at the movies would be a Sunday matinee. Old people like early shows and low(er) prices.

Old 09-25-2010, 11:59 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,190,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueIt View Post
The Aventura Mall is a great place to shop (for Miami).............most of the time. Avoid the place at all cost on fri & sat evenings though. I like many stopped going to the movies there a long time ago. Unfortunately, the "pants on the ground" crowd invade and take the place over. Security is very lax and they let them run wild and act like fools. I just don't understand why the mall management for the most part tolerates their nonsense and let's them completely ruin such a nice place? Run them off and make them "hang out" somewhere else!
I guess nowhere else to go for teens?

Old 09-26-2010, 08:21 AM

21 posts, read 55,755 times
Aventura mall is perfectly safe. Been going there for 13 years. We live very close to it and that is where I do all of my shopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami