Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 10:26 AM

1,946 posts, read 5,382,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Sorry but that is stereotyping. There is no such thing as demographics speaking, most Colombians that travel here don't come to deal drugs. Besides you don't know the nationality of the shooters, just the victims, and unless there is more evidence that they were involved in drugs we shouldn't be making those kind of assumptions about the victims.

It's Colombia with an O, not Columbia. I guess you don't know much about that country, other than stereotypes.
Personally someone getting shot in a drive-by on I-95 is enough for me to suspect that it wasn't random.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 06:55 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Road rage.

It may have been road rage.

Police probe I-95 shooting of tourist - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/04/1760031/police-probe-i-95-shooting-of.html - broken link)

Old 08-07-2010, 07:25 PM

1,978 posts, read 4,405,202 times
Scratch the surface of this event a little deeper and I bet you'll find out this is a politically motivated attack. Maybe an AUC hit or an anti-AUC hit. Who knows? I seriously doubt it was just random.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:21 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptoid Humidian View Post
Scratch the surface of this event a little deeper and I bet you'll find out this is a politically motivated attack. Maybe an AUC hit or an anti-AUC hit. Who knows? I seriously doubt it was just random.
highly unlikely. They would have done it Colombia. The last thing those people want is end up in an American prison. Also it's much easier to get away with murder there. The same is true for Mexico that's why most crime activity happens on the Mexican border cities while the US Border cities still have low crime rates

Old 08-08-2010, 09:27 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Yes. The victims were a couple and the female is pregnant. Sometimes things just happen, or not. We shall see.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:04 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_park2 View Post
It's not safe to drive in Miami?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A shooting has broken out in the area of NW 95th Street and I-95, on the southbound side, in Northwest Miami-Dade.

Miami-Dade Police are working at the exit ramp off the expressway as they investigate the shooting of a man inside his car. According to police, a pair of Colombian tourists were traveling on the road after a night of shopping. That's when they say a car that was driving erratically pulled up beside them, and someone shot. The man was shot in the face, and paramedics took him to Jackson Memorial Hospital. He was alert and talking. His pregnant wife was not hurt.

Detectives are on scene gathering clues, but they're not sure what the motive might be

Man Is Shot On I-95 In NW Miami-Dade - cbs4.com (http://cbs4.com/local/Man.Is.Shot.2.1839334.html - broken link)
I like how they always throw in the part about the victim's wife and kid. How the hell do we know that he wasn't driving like an azz and putting peoples' lives in danger and then those people decided to shoot after almost getting run off the road. I can't beleive the victim all the time. I need to hear the shooter's side of the story too before I beleive this victim is an angel just based on the way the news portrays him

Old 08-10-2010, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I like how they always throw in the part about the victim's wife and kid. How the hell do we know that he wasn't driving like an azz and putting peoples' lives in danger and then those people decided to shoot after almost getting run off the road. I can't beleive the victim all the time. I need to hear the shooter's side of the story too before I beleive this victim is an angel just based on the way the news portrays him
If it was indeed road rage, I don't think many people would justify shooting someone in the face in front of his pregnant wife for that. Well at least not here in the USA. I don't think the media had any access to the shooters side and I highly doubt the victims would admit they were driving aggressively. But that doesn't matter people cannot go around playing God and putting such low value on a human life.

But yes the media always makes the victims look good. That's what sells and they need the viewers. However this is just not the best example.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:59 AM

Quote:
If it was indeed road rage, I don't think many people would justify shooting someone in the face in front of his pregnant wife for that. Well at least not here in the USA. I don't think the media had any access to the shooters side and I highly doubt the victims would admit they were driving aggressively. But that doesn't matter people cannot go around playing God and putting such low value on human life.
It is kind of sick, but depending on what neighborhood you grew up in then you would know that a sign of disrespect or a guy tailgating or putting someones' life in danger by the way they drive could bring on consequences too..I mean we all look upon the gun as a bad thing right? but we forget to think about what a car can do when using it as a weapon in a road rage incident or just plain driving in a way that almost kills someone. People do use their vehicles as weapons and to intimidate people a lot in traffic and that should be just as bad a crime as pulling a gun out in traffic.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
It is kind of sick, but depending on what neighborhood you grew up in then you would know that a sign of disrespect or a guy tailgating or putting someones' life in danger by the way they drive could bring on consequences too..I mean we all look upon the gun as a bad thing right? but we forget to think about what a car can do when using it as a weapon in a road rage incident or just plain driving in a way that almost kills someone. People do use their vehicles as weapons and to intimidate people a lot in traffic and that should be just as bad a crime as pulling a gun out in traffic.
Please, the worst ghetto in the USA does not compare In homocide rate to medellin, Colombia where I grew up and even there the average person finds this act barbaric and unjustifiable. You are really trying to defend the undefendable.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Please, the worst ghetto in the USA does not compare In homocide rate to medellin, Colombia where I grew up and even there the average person finds this act barbaric and unjustifiable. You are really trying to defend the undefendable.
I wasn't comparing worse ghetto's...You can get shot in "any" ghetto anywhere in the world just as easy as the next ghetto...I am saying the mentality in a jungle is kill or be killed...and that is the way some people think. Besides women don't usually really experience as much as men in a ghetto as far as violent acts happening to them in the form of getting jumped or getting shot by an enemy..that's guy stuff mostly. Women usually get beaten up by a bad boyfriend in most cases of violence against women. By my own experience I knew friends who always carried a gun on them and when driving around they would have it ready in-case something happened in traffic.

I'm not saying it's right to shoot someone but my point is that just because someone has a wife and kid doesn't mean that they didn't provoke something. Hell maybe the guy had a gun himself and being from a place like Colombia he pulled it out to intimidate the driver next to him and the driver next to him happened to be an azz-hole with a gun too...but that is a bit far fetched but possible...I am going with the Colombian dude was probably driving in a manner that caused road rage to happen and then he provoked the situation even more because of his pride and he messed with the wrong person out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami