Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2010, 08:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,004 times

Advertisements

My wife, middle school aged daughter and I have been living on the Tamarac/Coral Springs border for 3 years now but have been toying with the idea of moving to someplace nice in Dade County.

See, we're both in our late 20's and she just finished cosmotology school. Since Coral Springs isnt exactly a hotbed of fashion, we really want to push for her to be a part of the Miami fashion/entertainment scene.

The problem is we have no clue whatsoever where we should set up shop. We both enjoy aesthetically pleasing neighborhoods and we currently pay about 1400 in rent. Can anyone recommend an area that's close enough to the action but still has nice schools for our little one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 08:51 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,195,335 times
We have no such thing here in Miami... unless you are mad rich

Old 08-10-2010, 03:11 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,007,002 times
1400 for a home? Not going to happen in a nice neighborhood in Miami-Dade. Stay in Coral Springs and commute until you can afford more.
Good luck!

Old 08-12-2010, 12:02 AM

1 posts, read 954 times
Moving from Coral Springs? Money Magazine recently rated it in the top 50 of its "Best Places to Live" for small/medium sized cities, ranking the highest in Florida. I agree with the other comments, commute unless you'll be making big money...

Old 08-14-2010, 09:38 PM

58 posts, read 117,531 times
Hot Plate, I live in Sunny Isles Beach in a luxury high-rise apartment building and pay $1500 for a 2 BR for me and my dtr and she goes to the school there in Sunny Isles. There are a lot of hi-rise condo rentals in that area and in Aventura, if you don't mind high-rise living. I'm satisfied and I commute to Commercial Blvd in Ft Lauderdale each day. I also used to live in Broward in North Lauderdale, not far from where you currently live. You are correct in wanting to consider a move to Miami to boost your wife's career. Just another (more positive) viewpoint about a move to Dade Co. Hope this helps and good luck with your decison.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:49 PM

6 posts, read 11,861 times
Like the poster above me said, i think Aventura would be a great place for you and your wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami