Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2007, 09:52 AM

44 posts, read 218,500 times

Advertisements

I might rent a place in the Venetian Condos (old building on the Venetian Causeway)...anyone has any thoughts on this? I think it's a good area, but if anyone has any input, please feel free to share .

I'm deciding between that and somewhere on West Ave in the beach.

Any thoughts are welcome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 10:22 AM

448 posts, read 1,850,222 times
Like you stated, the buildings on the Venetian Causeway are old. The area is nice and pretty decent. The only thing negative about the area are the hurricanes and the need to evacuate when a minimal Cat. 1 is heading our way....but you also have to evacuate the beach if a similar hurricane is coming.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:57 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,338,114 times
I lived in one of the condos on Venetian Causeway for two years and loved it. Admittedly this was some years ago and the buildings were still relatively new. I don't know how they have fared over the years.

I enjoyed sitting on my balcony watching the cruise ships come and go. It is convenient to many things such as MIA, Jackson, the beach - the downside are the hurricanes, you are not super close to a grocery store - the nearby Publix was okay but very congested and tight parking.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:29 PM

44 posts, read 218,500 times
Thanks for the replies!!!!

I'm going to be working on Biscayne Blvd. so I figured it'd be a much shorter drive to work than coming from the beach and I'd still be close enough to the beach to enjoy the nightlife w/out much hassle.

As for hurricanes...that will be a pain but I want to be close to the water so I guess that's just something I'll have to deal with.

Thanks again!

Old 12-29-2011, 03:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,051 times
Do you still live in the venetia condos? I'm thinking about renting/buying a condo there. any thoughts?

Old 12-30-2011, 12:57 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by durran13 View Post
Do you still live in the venetia condos? I'm thinking about renting/buying a condo there. any thoughts?
I live in a condo on the Venetian (Belle Island). I LOVE IT!!! The location is terrific with most of everything needed within walking distance. If I had to pick where on the Venetian to buy, I'd buy on the beach side since it's more convenient and walkable. The condos on the other side of the causeway aren't really walkable to any daily amenities.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:35 PM

53 posts, read 231,507 times
Just wondering if anyone has lived in the Venetia Condo in recent years? I am considering renting there and would like to hear about people's experiences in the condominium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami