Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 09:18 AM

2,763 posts, read 6,753,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
I still say you should check for the Roads and Brickell. Just my two cents!
What do you mean for the roads and Brickell - I don't work on Brickell - I work on SE 2nd street - south Biscayne BLVD. Don't get me wrong I believe people about the traffic, if it werent for the express lanes - there is no way I'd make that trip to Miami - EVER - they are really a god send - but it will get costly and put lots of miles on my car. My friends live there and wouldn't steer me wrong - they have told me all about leaving at the right time makes all the difference LOL - just 5 minutes can add 10 or 15 minutes to your commute. I haven't made any final decisions but I do like that I have it as an option. Coral Gables is ideal but what is the deal with the schools? for such an affluent area the schools really lacking - Doral's schools are really good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 11:58 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,334,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
What do you mean for the roads and Brickell - I don't work on Brickell - I work on SE 2nd street - south Biscayne BLVD. Don't get me wrong I believe people about the traffic, if it werent for the express lanes - there is no way I'd make that trip to Miami - EVER - they are really a god send - but it will get costly and put lots of miles on my car. My friends live there and wouldn't steer me wrong - they have told me all about leaving at the right time makes all the difference LOL - just 5 minutes can add 10 or 15 minutes to your commute. I haven't made any final decisions but I do like that I have it as an option. Coral Gables is ideal but what is the deal with the schools? for such an affluent area the schools really lacking - Doral's schools are really good.
Sorry I wasnt clear. The Roads is a neighborhood and so is Brickell. I was say ing that you should not just look for Doral and Kendall if you are thinking about Miami to live. The Roads is nice and so is Brickell. Also the area near the Arsht center is nice, I don't know the name of it, its right on the water and then parts of the design district too. But I am much more into urban environment as opposed to Suburbs which is why I like those areas I just mentioned. In fact I am not a big fan of homes either. To much work. Also Coral Gables is nice too and so is parts of coconut grove.

Old 09-03-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
Sorry I wasnt clear. The Roads is a neighborhood and so is Brickell. I was say ing that you should not just look for Doral and Kendall if you are thinking about Miami to live. The Roads is nice and so is Brickell. Also the area near the Arsht center is nice, I don't know the name of it, its right on the water and then parts of the design district too. But I am much more into urban environment as opposed to Suburbs which is why I like those areas I just mentioned. In fact I am not a big fan of homes either. To much work. Also Coral Gables is nice too and so is parts of coconut grove.

Oh LOL - Okay - I will look into those places too - I personally don't want a house that is hubby - at least he thinks he wants a house until he gets one - but we will see. I like Gable and even Brickell but are their homes in Brickell?

Old 09-03-2010, 12:56 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,334,407 times
Quote:
Oh LOL - Okay - I will look into those places too - I personally don't want a house that is hubby - at least he thinks he wants a house until he gets one - but we will see. I like Gable and even Brickell but are their homes in Brickell?
mostly condos but some homes in the western and south western portions

Old 09-03-2010, 01:23 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,375,163 times
Quote:
I think the level of affluence there means a lot of people send their kids to private schools, so there isn't as much backing to make the public schools better unfortunately.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:28 PM

56 posts, read 94,399 times
Too bad the Crosswinds project never came to fruition,that definitely would have been a revitalizatioon to Overtown and a safer appearance.

Florida Preconstruction - Crosswinds in Downtown Miami Florida

Old 09-03-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers29 View Post
I think the level of affluence there means a lot of people send their kids to private schools, so there isn't as much backing to make the public schools better unfortunately.
I understand that, however, there have to be some kids from the neighborhood that go there or there wouldn't be a school - do they bus everyone from surrounding areas? I like the idea of being in a neighborhood where the schools are good and you can send them to private if you choose - I don't understand why there has to be such a difference!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami