Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 06:03 PM

3 posts, read 8,493 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys ~ I'm thinking of moving to Miami Beach within the next coming months and am trying to decide where I want to live. I don't like the "vegas-atmosphere" of SoBe so I'll pass on that. I definitely want to rent something with an ocean view (not the river, city, or "water front" views)...I want to see the sunrise over the gorgeous ocean everyday. So I was thinking of Mid-Beach Miami Beach. What's the culture like in this area? I don't want it to be geriatric, but not SoBe party-central either. Just somewhere classy and beautiful and close enough to the Latin-culture that i love most about Miami......Anyone have any feedback on MidBeach or any other area you think would be great for what I'm looking for? Please help! Gracias!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 06:17 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
You won't find the latin culture u see on the mainland. I'm sorry.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:27 PM

Is there any combination of ocean-view and Latin culture anywhere else? All of the mainland districts seem to not have ocean views. They're either the river, bay, or city views. Any suggestion you have? Thank you!

Old 08-25-2010, 08:20 PM

What kind of latin culture are u looking for? The term latin is too vague

Old 08-26-2010, 11:19 AM

361 posts, read 1,087,991 times
If I remember correctly, there seem to be a decent amount of Latino's in North Beach, though not like an experience you'd find in Little Havanna or Hialeah for instance. I think if I remember correctly the Latino's in North Beach were mostly Argentinians.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:26 AM

Lol , I used to live there

Old 08-27-2010, 06:27 AM

3,368 posts, read 11,671,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramea View Post
Hi Guys ~ I'm thinking of moving to Miami Beach within the next coming months and am trying to decide where I want to live. I don't like the "vegas-atmosphere" of SoBe so I'll pass on that. I definitely want to rent something with an ocean view (not the river, city, or "water front" views)...I want to see the sunrise over the gorgeous ocean everyday. So I was thinking of Mid-Beach Miami Beach. What's the culture like in this area? I don't want it to be geriatric, but not SoBe party-central either. Just somewhere classy and beautiful and close enough to the Latin-culture that i love most about Miami......Anyone have any feedback on MidBeach or any other area you think would be great for what I'm looking for? Please help! Gracias!!!
Mid-Beach would be great for that. For a waterfront area, it is quite affordable, and is very safe. Demographically, it is a mix of professionals, retirees, and families; mostly white but very diverse: lots of Jews from the Northeast, Anglo-Americans, Argentinians/Uruguayans, Cubans and Cuban-Americans. In other words, you can speak as much English or Spanish as you wish; the area is probably half-Latin as opposed to 95%+ as are parts of Hialeah and inner-SW Miami.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:28 AM

296 posts, read 228,522 times
All apts with Collins Ave. adresses have ocean view.

The direct ,uncopromised,not lateral / partial /minimal view costs 1m buy / 4k rent.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:57 PM

Thanks for the feedback you guys! I think mid-beach will be perfect for what I'm looking for. I want a pretty damn good view, but $4k rent is a little too high for my budget. I can afford $1,800/month at most. Could I get at least a partial view for that much!!?!? Also, Craigslist does not have any good posts. Any sites you recommend for great rental listings? Any additional advice would be great. Thanks again!

Old 08-27-2010, 11:07 PM
r_k

836 posts, read 2,190,229 times
You can search the mls for rental listings at www.realtor.com for zip code 33140
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami