Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 06:29 PM

14 posts, read 39,341 times

Advertisements

Anyone know how tough it would be to find a studio or 1br apartment within a 25 minute rush hour drive to Miami Beach, in the price range of $500-$600? I would need something clean and in a safe area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 11:17 PM

139 posts, read 382,495 times
this is doable, and don't let people tell you it's impossible but it's really gonna be hard to find. good luck.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:35 AM

296 posts, read 227,190 times
Try www.miamiwaterfrontproperties.com...

Old 09-06-2010, 11:10 AM

1,084 posts, read 3,857,395 times
yes in overtown, but thats not clean and safe, actually you can in little havana or the design district ( non gentrified part)

Old 09-06-2010, 12:31 PM

14 posts, read 39,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wenge2ful View Post
Cheapest rental on this site was $1200. Thanks, but do you work for them?

Old 09-06-2010, 11:26 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,098,597 times
The answer is heck no. People who tell you it's possible are very abstract thinkers, like maybe you will find a crack house where they rent out a room to you. No efficiency or studio is 500 on SOBE, unless you SHARE it and split the rent. If there was some theoretical 500 studio it would have to be a total roach motel that floods and housed section 8ers or a transitional assisted living facilities for people with mental illnesses as your neighbors. Up your rent bracket by 100 and it might be doable...but even then it will be just one step above what I described and not much easier to find.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
The answer is heck no. People who tell you it's possible are very abstract thinkers, like maybe you will find a crack house where they rent out a room to you. No efficiency or studio is 500 on SOBE, unless you SHARE it and split the rent. If there was some theoretical 500 studio it would have to be a total roach motel that floods and housed section 8ers or a transitional assisted living facilities for people with mental illnesses as your neighbors. Up your rent bracket by 100 and it might be doable...but even then it will be just one step above what I described and not much easier to find.
i warned you about people who'd tell you it's impossible.

i got a great deal for the price that you're describing in a great neighborhood. don't ask how, but i did! keep looking and be positive.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:51 PM

just to prove the naysayers wrong, i took the time to conduct a quick craigslist search.

here is an example of what you're looking for in some decent, centric neighborhoods. the first two are near westchester / west miami, which are nice, decent areas of miami (ignore the haters).

Efficiency Very Independent (http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/apa/1939690851.html - broken link)
Water Light Cable Included 600.00 (http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/apa/1939027494.html - broken link)
$600 Spacious Studio with parking spot (http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/apa/1938336668.html - broken link)

these are a dime a dozen in miami, and just what you're looking for; a 30 minute drive to the beach. just keep in mind that in miami you have to leave early if you wanna avoid rush hour at all, 'cause if you leave at 4 to your destination you're almost always going to be in traffic for at least 30 minutes just to get to where you need to go. and if you're driving far, leave earlier than that.

:-) happy searching. some of these efficiencies have way more personality than the much coveted cookie cutter box homes that for some reason miami residents adore.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:14 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,309,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebsosaurus View Post
just to prove the naysayers wrong, i took the time to conduct a quick craigslist search.

here is an example of what you're looking for in some decent, centric neighborhoods. the first two are near westchester / west miami, which are nice, decent areas of miami (ignore the haters).

Efficiency Very Independent (http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/apa/1939690851.html - broken link)
Water Light Cable Included 600.00 (http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/apa/1939027494.html - broken link)
$600 Spacious Studio with parking spot (http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/apa/1938336668.html - broken link)

these are a dime a dozen in miami, and just what you're looking for; a 30 minute drive to the beach. just keep in mind that in miami you have to leave early if you wanna avoid rush hour at all, 'cause if you leave at 4 to your destination you're almost always going to be in traffic for at least 30 minutes just to get to where you need to go. and if you're driving far, leave earlier than that.

:-) happy searching. some of these efficiencies have way more personality than the much coveted cookie cutter box homes that for some reason miami residents adore.
he said within a 25 minute rush hour drive. I don't think that would be possible where you suggested him to go. I think if he foots it around the beach he will be able to find something though. But again he will have to go and hit the pavement.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:40 AM

809 posts, read 2,308,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
he said within a 25 minute rush hour drive. I don't think that would be possible where you suggested him to go. I think if he foots it around the beach he will be able to find something though. But again he will have to go and hit the pavement.
Look around the jackson Memorial area. Access to South Beach via 836 east is readily available. Get yourself a sunpass and you will be at the beach in no time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami