Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2007, 02:01 AM

6 posts, read 13,249 times

Advertisements

I mean speaking English not speeking

Old 08-05-2007, 09:09 AM

6 posts, read 13,249 times
I can't believe how prejudice you all sound. Miami has it's problems 'but no different than other places. Traffic is bad in Atlanta too. I was born in Miami and it doesn't bother me to hear other languages spoken. Not once has any person been rude to for speaking English like someone posted (that sounds ridiculous). More people travel to this city from other countries and love it! Please note that there are 127 different languages spoken here. Furthermore, there is a difference between hispanics many come from different countries and the only thing they have incommon is the language. There are some that are blonde with blue eyes too and very white. Remember hispanic is not a race. I just means they speak Spanish. I have to add that a great deal of lawyers. doctors and teachers I know are Cuban-American and they speak perfect English. Many have been born here and so have their children. I have to thank my Miami born Cuban-American doctor for saving my life. Please note my parents are Miami born too. REVISED It was late when I type original post.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:38 PM

110 posts, read 438,770 times
i do not know why all people here are so negative about Miami. Like there is heaven in New York too. New York has more spanish speaking people than Miami but nobody cares.

Old 08-05-2007, 06:59 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times
Another Miami exclusive thread moved to the P&OC forum. Ridiculous.

Old 08-12-2007, 04:27 PM

94 posts, read 134,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivcceo View Post
I moved from New York City down here in 2000 and eventually bought a house (lucky) in Coral Springs. I understand the frustration of the folks in the thread. The cost of living has gone up ridiculously and there seems to be a general sense from what I hear that we don't function well as a community down here.

I think part of what is missing in South Florida is that we don't actively engage each other in conversation. To some extent that is true in most of suburban America but it seems more so down here where folks just don't seem to care about their neighbor. I live in a nice gated community but I hardly know 4 or 5 neighbors.

I am seeing signs of hope though. The housing bubble bust has been good for us and I hope it removes the speculators and greedy folks from here. I see groups forming in meetups so I know that there is desire in the folks that live here to open up and get more genuine that what you see on the surface. Often I think it is the perception of a person and the only way you can truly know your fellow neighbor is to start breaking down the shells that surround us and talk.

I agree I to live in a gated community and find as a whole people arent as friendly as NY .
I am into politics and find here is voting based on ethnicity ,relegion which to me is the most self defeating thing in the world .
I do like it here and prefer this (even though hot) over 2 feet of snow in a NY winter followed by months of over cast freezing months.

Old 08-12-2007, 04:36 PM

94 posts, read 134,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by figments View Post
I can't believe how prejudice you all sound. Miami has it's problems 'but no different than other places. Traffic is bad in Atlanta too. I was born in Miami and it doesn't bother me to hear other languages spoken. Not once has any person been rude to for speaking English like someone posted (that sounds ridiculous). More people travel to this city from other countries and love it! Please note that there are 127 different languages spoken here. Furthermore, there is a difference between hispanics many come from different countries and the only thing they have incommon is the language. There are some that are blonde with blue eyes too and very white. Remember hispanic is not a race. I just means they speak Spanish. I have to add that a great deal of lawyers. doctors and teachers I know are Cuban-American and they speak perfect English. Many have been born here and so have their children. I have to thank my Miami born Cuban-American doctor for saving my life. Please note my parents are Miami born too. REVISED It was late when I type original post.
I am Cuban American myself my parents were born in Cuba .
I disagree with the driving I find the drivers in Miami REGARDLESS of ethnicity to be the worse and I blame the Mayor who I find completely inept at everything.
When a city gets an "award" for worse drivers two consecutive yrs than you have a problem.

They need cameras placed in different areas and change them monthly here to send huge fines to dangerous drivers . I have never been in a city where speaking on the cell phone while speeding in an SUV is the norm.

Old 08-12-2007, 05:50 PM

156 posts, read 150,799 times
Unhappy It is so sad and distressing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole
this is not funny but us english people have been watching this happen in england for the last 10 years+
No, it is not funny and this is all brought to the world by the multiculturists who have rammed this all down all of our throats and the only people who are happy with it happen the be the rich elite or the people who are ignorant of what is really going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiXeL
"We're outnumbered, and as another poster here has mentioned, things are set up here in such a way that only the criminals benefit from such a lifestyle and structure."

we're one of the few people who bought the keycards to get into our complex. everyone else just punches a number to get in or drives through the poles every few days and breaks them. we feel like suckers for spending $50 for two cards.

living down here makes you feel like white people are an endangered species.
we're outnumbered, being driven out, our birthrates globally are decreasing. we're going extinct.
I am very sorry about how depressed you feel. We feel the same way, only on the other coast. It is terrible what has been foisted on all of us hard working Americans but unfortunately, it will probably only get worse. Always remember that we have the powers that be that want this country overrun with third world poor and for all of us to be living no different than they were in their countries.

Last edited by Music Junkie; 08-12-2007 at 07:07 PM..

Old 08-12-2007, 06:49 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,084,255 times
Quote:
No one is saying Cuban Americans are the sole cause of Miamis problems. I have never been to Miami, but reading threads about it make me not want to visit. This is similar to people giving a review of their trip or of a hotel. The experience and service was bad to them, and they will no longer give them their money.

Sorry, but the OP said that they were basically discriminated against because of their race, andthat you need to speak Spanish to communicate in an American city. I believe this to be true, sadly.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:33 PM

2 posts, read 4,468 times
Quote:
Please note that there are 127 different languages spoken here. . REVISED It was late when I type original post.
Okay let's start:

1. Good Spanish
2. Bad Spanish
3. Cuban Spanish
4. Dominican Spanish
5. Colombian Spanish
6. Venezuelan Spanish
7 Spanglish
8.Gutemalan Spanish
9. Nicuargan Spanish
10-127= A mixture of all of the above

Old 08-17-2007, 03:34 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,221,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liptor25 View Post
Okay let's start:

1. Good Spanish
2. Bad Spanish
3. Cuban Spanish
4. Dominican Spanish
5. Colombian Spanish
6. Venezuelan Spanish
7 Spanglish
8.Gutemalan Spanish
9. Nicuargan Spanish
10-127= A mixture of all of the above
Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami