Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 12:30 AM

563 posts, read 1,778,184 times

Advertisements

thanks everyone, i will try each and every one if I can
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 12:25 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,113,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Excellent reviews on Yelp... can't believe I've never been! I'll have to try it sometime soon.
Let me (and others) know how you like it if you go. I've never been disappointed there, obviously - 33 yrs later. Moving to SC and it will be one of only a handful of things I'll miss about Miami

Old 09-19-2010, 09:08 AM

1,061 posts, read 2,239,790 times
La carreta is very good and they have a few locations. I haven't been there in years but La Palmas on 8 street and 62 avenue has good food from what I remember.

PNWguy, I have been to Paseo in Seattle and I thought the food was pretty good but nothing to brag about compared to similar places in Miami. I believe you will find many Cuban restaurants and cafeteria in Miami that will have better food than Paseo. Paseo being in Seattle stands out. If Paseo was in Miami, it will probably be considered average at best compared to the many places and selection of Cuban food in Miami. Paseo will have too much competition in Miami. As far as price goes, Paseo's "midnight press" is about twice the cost of a typical "media noche" in Miami.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:40 PM

563 posts, read 1,778,184 times
Thanks, I will check out Paseo just so I can have something to compare to when i get down there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
As far as price goes, Paseo's "midnight press" is about twice the cost of a typical "media noche" in Miami.
Yes, food in seattle isn't cheap, unless you eat in Chinatown.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:45 AM

2,226 posts, read 5,087,097 times
There was a place in Miami that had the best food and sandwiches. It was (maybe still is) on 8th St. and the 60's... on the right side going up... The place was announced by a neon sign with a man carving a steak from a cow..

Sarussis? They had INCREDIBLE sandwiches made with bread that they baked in their oven, smeared with a incredible garlicky oil, with lots of ham, cheese, incredible size. Their Cuban food was also very good.

The owners were a Cuban family, it was a family run business, they were all fat. Hope the place is still open with the same quality...

Old 09-21-2010, 08:38 AM

809 posts, read 2,307,104 times
^^Open, yes, same quality, I am not sure. A Sarussi sandwich tasted like Heaven to me the first time I sank my teeth into it. Many years later, the deliciousness is not the same.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:03 AM

2,226 posts, read 5,087,097 times
The best Cuban restaurant ever was El Yayo, now defunct. I miss that place, never seen anything like that.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:18 PM

83 posts, read 216,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Why do you say that? Did you have a bad experience at one of them (there are a few now - one on Calle Ocho, another on Bird Road, and another somewhere else, I believe)?
by FIU there is another (and i think in sweetwater...by calle cuba but i may be wrong) - they're not so terrible, just nothing special --- though the one there on 16th and la 107 gives FIU students a discount!

and for cuban food - well i mean everyone has "their place" lol - I will say that for pretty good food (well not last time i went lol but ill consider it a one time fluke) - Palacio de los jugos on la 24 right by like 70th or whatever (look for the brahman honda) is pretty good - and they give you A LOT of food. Also, i've gone often for family stuff to la carreta on bird and it wasn't so bad. It is in a way a miami staple - but i've heard versailles is amazing too. Just hit up many little places - they can surprise you!!! Latin Americans can be a hit or miss - but they're cheap - and everywhere. IMO though i would go to a place which is kind of reffy - and not with some name like "Preston's Cuban Cafe" or whatever, if it sounds to americanized then the food won't be as "authentic". Just sayin

Old 09-23-2010, 08:37 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,461,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebsosaurus View Post
i just think they don't represent the best cuban food in miami. i'm a foodie and a very good cuban cook. instead go to la carreta or palasio de los jugos.
good food but expensive.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:38 AM

225 posts, read 445,136 times
Took my parents to this place per a friend's recommendation and it was great.

Its huge, classy, familly friendly, great food, big portions and prices are more than reasonable.

Little Havana Restaurant - South Florida's Premier Cuban Restaurant - Authentic Cuban Cuisine, Cuban Restaurant,Reservations Available,Entertainment,Casual & Relaxed Dining,Elegant Restaurant Setting- Featuring your favorite drink - Mojito - 2 Locati

It's on 127th and Biscayne.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami