U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 12:34 PM

296 posts, read 192,058 times

Advertisements

A nostalgia thread,similar to the best seller "Gone ,but not forgotten...".

Your personal stories about things in your life
that improved or deteriorated over time in Miami...

And helpful info,like for example,the quality of drinking water...

Dit it get better,worse,or stayed the same over time..?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 05:11 AM

5,004 posts, read 6,872,259 times
Traffic, definitely worse with each passing DAY!

I remember when you knew the traffic hours, after 9am'ish and before 4pm'ish there was no traffic to speak of, now, it doesn't matter what the time of day you go on the expressways, there's ALWAYS traffic. Mid-morning, lunch time, mid-afternoon. Seems traffic spans all the way from 7am to 7pm now, which of course,makes for longer commutes for those who take to the roads.

Which brings you right in to another issue of what's gotten worse....longer commute times. Which then takes you in to another issue, less time with family.... Which takes you in to another issue....

Please, don't even get me going on this one~ In the last 49 years (all my life) of living in Miami, I've seen it go from such a nice place to live to a place I dread living (and thus moving from)

Just my 2 cents and my own opinion.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Traffic, definitely worse with each passing DAY!

I remember when you knew the traffic hours, after 9am'ish and before 4pm'ish there was no traffic to speak of, now, it doesn't matter what the time of day you go on the expressways, there's ALWAYS traffic. Mid-morning, lunch time, mid-afternoon. Seems traffic spans all the way from 7am to 7pm now, which of course,makes for longer commutes for those who take to the roads.

Which brings you right in to another issue of what's gotten worse....longer commute times. Which then takes you in to another issue, less time with family.... Which takes you in to another issue....

Please, don't even get me going on this one~ In the last 49 years (all my life) of living in Miami, I've seen it go from such a nice place to live to a place I dread living (and thus moving from)

Just my 2 cents and my own opinion.

Plz reconsider leaving,in almost every other city with the same or bigger pop ,traffic may be worse...

Your remarks are helpful...

Old 09-26-2010, 08:57 AM

5,004 posts, read 6,872,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wenge2ful View Post
Plz reconsider leaving,in almost every other city with the same or bigger pop ,traffic may be worse...

Your remarks are helpful...
Already purchased a home in SC, no reconsidering. Both my kids (college educated) won't move back to Miami, no opportunities here for them here, one calls NYC home and loves it there, the other will probably move there too! We'll come back to visit family.

Like I said, don't get me started on what's gotten worse in Miami, I woudn't know which subject to focus on - traffic, cost of living, insurance rates, taxes, rudeness of people, feeling like I live in a foreign country, impatient people, people always in a hurry, terrible drivers...

The difference between here and THERE, I wouldn't know where to start...

Old 09-26-2010, 09:44 AM

Oy,I get it...

What about the drinking water...the air...

In theory,the tap water should improve over time...

The air quality should deteriorate first,( '50s,'60s) but then should improve...

Same for canal/seawater quality.

It should be improved by now...

Old 09-28-2010, 12:21 PM

2,763 posts, read 6,191,846 times
This is an interesting thread - in regards to traffic it isn't good here but is by far not the worst - try getting on the BQE at 3:00a - no mistake 3:00 AM - I don't know why there is traffic at that time but 24 hours a day 7 days a week there is traffic on the BQE and on the Cross Bronx - it is insanity.

Florida's drinking water has to be some of the worst water I have encountered! Otherwise, not so bad - but I do love home - NYC.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:30 PM

5,449 posts, read 6,655,435 times
Things that got better? seriously nothing, everything went from good to worse.

Things that got worse? Traffic and Kendall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or