U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 10-06-2010, 04:45 PM
 
11 posts, read 59,273 times
Reputation: 14

Advertisements

Is it safe? Is it clean?

Too much crime?

I am thinking about moving there next year to go FIU biscayne bay campus. I heard that it was a good neighborhood. I also checked in Google maps and it seemed pretty good, seemed pretty clean..

I want to know what do think about.

After I receive your opinions, I will probably take a tour around the area just to see what it's like.


Sorry to mention, I'm a new member in this forum.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-06-2010, 08:52 PM
 
2 posts, read 11,939 times
Reputation: 12
I've lived here for the past 4 years and it is a great neighborhood, especially for families.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2010, 06:20 AM
 
2,113 posts, read 4,871,604 times
Reputation: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by joslat View Post
Is it safe? Is it clean?

Too much crime?

I am thinking about moving there next year to go FIU biscayne bay campus. I heard that it was a good neighborhood. I also checked in Google maps and it seemed pretty good, seemed pretty clean..

I want to know what do think about.

After I receive your opinions, I will probably take a tour around the area just to see what it's like.


Sorry to mention, I'm a new member in this forum.

Miami Shores is a lovely upscale area with a cool little downtown ... unfortunately it is surrounded by some not so nice areas .. that said I have friends there and they love it and assure me that crime is not a major issue due to solid enforcement by the local police .
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2010, 07:22 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
66 posts, read 313,855 times
Reputation: 38
Lots of people refer to it as the "poor mans coral gables".
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2010, 11:08 AM
 
Location: Miami/ Washington DC
4,836 posts, read 11,465,530 times
Reputation: 2581
Miami Shores can be looked at as a lower scale Coral Gables. The nice areas are Middle to for Upper Classs people. There are some very nice older homes in the area. Its a nice area to live. There are some not so great areas but for the most part its great.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2010, 02:37 PM
 
2,113 posts, read 4,871,604 times
Reputation: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Miami Shores can be looked at as a lower scale Coral Gables. The nice areas are Middle to for Upper Classs people. There are some very nice older homes in the area. Its a nice area to live. There are some not so great areas but for the most part its great.

Miami Shores has a terrific little "European style " downtown area with a theatre , restaurants and bakeries .. yes in all it is a nice place both west and east of Biscayne Blvd ... also one of the last almost all non hispanic white enclaves in Dade County .... not that this means anything and is good or bad .. just an observation which makes it feel like the Miami of the 1970's or 80's when I used to vacation down here with my family as a kid in the winters .
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2010, 04:39 PM
 
1 posts, read 10,283 times
Reputation: 11
Ok here goes my first post, I lived in the Shores since 1997 and I am hispanic too, imagine that. The neighbors are superb, the houses are cool and its lush setting is refreshing. I walk about the entire village, west of biscayne 3 times a week and love every minute of it. I cannot imagive living in a cookie cutter neighborhood like Kendall, Pembroke Pines etc.

Mr. Newman, its pretty funny that Miami Shores has no hispanics, as when my girlfriend and I take walks, we hear alot spanish and I always mention to her, I cannot belive there are so many people in the Shores speaking spanish. Must be bilingual anglo-saxons.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2010, 06:32 PM
 
Location: Miami/ Washington DC
4,836 posts, read 11,465,530 times
Reputation: 2581
There are no areas of Miami-Dade that do not have hispanics. The thing is the Hispanics in Miami Shores that live there for the most part are not the type of hispanics that want to only live with and around hispanics etc.. Miami Shores is more of a American type area but of course its Miami it will have a diverse population.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2010, 04:28 AM
 
2,113 posts, read 4,871,604 times
Reputation: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishores1 View Post
Ok here goes my first post, I lived in the Shores since 1997 and I am hispanic too, imagine that. The neighbors are superb, the houses are cool and its lush setting is refreshing. I walk about the entire village, west of biscayne 3 times a week and love every minute of it. I cannot imagive living in a cookie cutter neighborhood like Kendall, Pembroke Pines etc.

Mr. Newman, its pretty funny that Miami Shores has no hispanics, as when my girlfriend and I take walks, we hear alot spanish and I always mention to her, I cannot belive there are so many people in the Shores speaking spanish. Must be bilingual anglo-saxons.
I never said there were no Hispanics ... I simply mentioned that it is one of the few areas left in Dade County that is majority white non Hispanic ... relax my wife is hispanic and I am not anti - Hispanic .. mine was just an observation .
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2010, 11:03 AM
 
2,226 posts, read 4,915,873 times
Reputation: 1028
I guess that most Hispanics that are not familiar with the area think that the place is real dangerous. I mean, the area is surrounded by real nasty areas.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami

All times are GMT -6.

¬© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top