Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 12:53 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by esantana View Post
about 500,000... can you help now?
Yeah, I can sell you mine so I can get out of this town. lol

But seriously, if that is your price range you'll be OK. I'm not as familiar with the north area as other's on this forum so I'll defer to them for ofering advice. Good luck.

Roger Bacon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2007, 12:55 PM

564 posts, read 1,900,026 times
A "diamond in the rough" is the Miami Shores area. It is very near to North Miami. Just be sure to check the neighborhood thoroughly before buying.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:56 PM

13 posts, read 47,155 times
Why do you want to leave Pemboke Pines so badly? What could be so bad?

Old 07-06-2007, 12:58 PM

Thank you! What makes it a diamon in the rough? Is a an area that is coming back?

Old 07-06-2007, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Thank you! What makes it a diamon in the rough? Is a an area that is coming back?
It never went away really, but the areas around it have declined considerably since their heyday.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:00 PM

The the areas around miami shores getting better or are they still in a decline. In the north east towns around the trains lines were great then they declined and with access to NYC so crucial the train line towns are making a come back. I guess want to know minus the train is the situation the same for miami shores

Old 07-06-2007, 02:01 PM

North Miami beach is where the job is located

Old 07-06-2007, 02:16 PM

Quote:
North Miami beach is where the job is located
Aventura/Sunny Isles Beach area would be closer. Although most of the real estate in those areas will be condos. Most houses in those areas will go for more than your budget, I believe.

If you really want a house, I'd look at western Miramar (bad commute, but good neighborhoods) or Miami Shores (if chosen carefully). It's been a couple years since I lived in North Miami, but I don't believe the area around Miami Shores is rebounding.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:22 PM

136 posts, read 481,419 times
Quote:
Hi, I am looking for some advice on where to live in the Miami area. My husband is going to be taking a job in North Miami. I have 3yr old and 10month old children and will be staying at home with them. So, I am looking for a city/community that is family friendly. I would love my husband's commute to be 30mins max. Any help and insight on this would be wonderful!!!!
Hi, and welcome to Miami. The nearest desirable communities to North Miami would be Miami Shores (to the south) and Aventura (to the north). They are very different communities, however. Miami Shores is an early suburb of Miami. It is mostly single-family residential with many homes built in the 30s and 40s; lots of lovely art deco details. It has a population of about 10,000 and has a small-town feel to it. The only drawback is that the public schools aren't good. There are, however, some excellent private and parochial schools in the area, as well as a charter school that I think the Village itself helped start.

Aventura has more of an upscale urban feel to it, despite the fact that it's also a suburb. It consists mostly of mid- to high-rise buildings, and some townhome developments. It has about 30,000 people, and I find it to be somewhat congested, given all the high-density development and the fact that there is a very popular mall in the City. The schools, however, are quite good, I understand. In particular, there is a high school (Michael Krop) that is considered one of the best in the county.

Either way, your husband's drive to work will be well within your 30-minute requirement. Good luck and best wishes on your new beginning. I'm from New Jersey originally myself.

Rich.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:49 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
If you have 500k to spend, move to Weston and commute without a doubt. Its still only 30 minutes away, and my route will take you out of the congestion, and a 15 mile commute will bring you 4000 miles away in quality of life. Excellent schools, family friendly, next to no crime, and a 30-40 min. commute. Forget about Dade if you have a family for the good of you and your children. Cooper City is a tad closer and offers a similar quality of life, and seems to be a little friendlier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami