Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 01:38 PM

385 posts, read 1,889,081 times

Advertisements

just because people follow the hip hop culture doesn't mean anything and just because you see them in a area doesn't mean it's dangerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 01:40 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,847,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackklight View Post
just because people follow the hip hop culture doesn't mean anything and just because you see them in a area doesn't mean it's dangerous.
I wasn't even going to go there (because that's a whole different discussion), but I agree too. I have some friends that might look like part of the so called "hip hop culture". When I was implying to stay away from Springs for "that reason", the reason was more referring to the overall decline in that area, not the "hip hop" people.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:09 PM

41 posts, read 257,377 times
Immigrant to be:
I must agree with the comments posted. I was born and raised in Miami, Florida and Dade & Broward Counties both have changed enormously. Unfortunately, not for the better, its more culturally diverse than ever but the masses of people have been extraordinarly overwhelming for such concentrated areas. People want to live here because of the weather, easy travel and so forth among other things. Most of all the language barrier does not impede you from obtaining employment and at the same time doesn't encouragemost to learn the english language either. My parents immigrated from Cuba in the 50's and knew they were in America and with that said made every effort to learn the english language. It's tough for those with an education to obtain good paying jobs because most jobs are taken by those less prepared, in turn, willing to take less. The influx of people has made Miami/Broward the fraud mecca (all kinds). You have people who have lived here a few years who are driving better cars and living in better homes than people like myself who were born, raised and educated here and you can't help but wonder how they do it???? Be prepared to pay very high property taxes if you buy and renting doesn't get you much for your money anymore. Insurance if you plan on being a homeowner is crazy money, auto insurance is ridiculously high too and you cannot rely on public transportation (again, we were not prepared for the masses of people). When I was younger 20 years ago, you could be in college w/ a decent paying job and had a chance at being a homeowner. I don't see that opportunity for my kids if I stay here, no way no how. Jobs are not paying up to par as to the cost of living here, by far... But if your young and not concerned about tomorrow for the moment and are living for the here and now, Miami is definitely an experience! But when it is time to settle down and get serious unless you've got tons a $$$ stashed away...then it's time to move on... I am.

Best of luck to you!

Old 12-14-2007, 06:32 AM

4 posts, read 6,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyadei View Post
... But if your young and not concerned about tomorrow for the moment and are living for the here and now, Miami is definitely an experience! But when it is time to settle down and get serious unless you've got tons a $$$ stashed away...then it's time to move on... I am.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks for your sincere comments, Oyadei. I have a friend in New Jersey that tells me the same, he considers that a better option. I'm 30, married and two kids. I'm definitely looking for settling down on a safe place and your comments put doubts in my head. Are all neighborhoods that dangerous?

Old 12-16-2007, 06:07 PM

40 posts, read 101,809 times
We have to be realistic. We are not in the top ten. South Florida is getting worst and worst each day. It is not safe anymore. Look how many cops have died in a couple of months...BE Realistic!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami