Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 07:25 AM

911 posts, read 1,714,102 times

Advertisements

It's a world class mall even by Texas standards. All the majors there even a Barneys and Ted Baker which was nice to see. 20 mins from the 60's and US1, likely faster using 95.

Drive up appeal was like an amusement park. Shocked and awed, just beautiful like all things well done in Miami. Loved the shopping and outdoor food court, it was so soflo. 3 floors of Zara, nice.

Traffic was a parking lot, walking there was like walking through human weave poles. It's not a place for people who hate crowds. I commented to my son, what a zoo this place would be during Xmas. There was no honking in the parking lot. Everyone seem to understand it was going to take some time to get in there but worth it. The most patient drivers I've encounted in south florida.

I was looking for the pants on the ground crowd but didn't notice any in the mass of humanity. I'm sure things change on the weekend and especially around the AMC.

Walking there, I had to think who I was seeing were all Miamians. Go to Aventura mall and to a Publix and this tells me who is who. While we saw some beautiful people, not everyone was a super model. My son commented that the older women were hotter than the younger which is a good thing for his Dad.

It's diversity on steroids, we sensed that we were in a strong Jewish and Russian community, add blacks and browns and whites and it had a unique feel to us. It was in Aventura but frankly reminded me of all Miami. I think it represents and like many other things in Miami I have found, it's done very well.

We'll be back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 08:26 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,201,108 times
I loved the feeling and demographics of that mall as well. I just like the South Florida feel in general.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:01 PM

437 posts, read 811,481 times
i love the ice cream there lol

Old 11-08-2010, 10:36 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,478,444 times
Actually I've heard a lot of people say that mall was getting run down. JM, there actually is supposed to be a world class mall in MIA. It's in Bal Harbour called the Bal Harbour Shops. I've never been in it myself although now I would like to check it out.

There's a thread on the Dallas board about malls and I have to say I'm not impressed with any malls in Dallas. If you happen to check out the BHS, would you mind taking some pix of the interior? I don't see much online that wows me about that mall either actually, but maybe it's just the pix online don't really capture it.

Some ding-dong thinks Stonebrier is some world class shopping experience. I told him there's nothing I've seen in the USA (including the Mall of America) that even remotely compares to European standards.

Galerie Lafayette in Paris (wiki pic)

Old 11-08-2010, 11:13 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Just be careful at the Aventura mall...there was that riot there awhile back.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:21 AM

911 posts, read 1,714,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
Actually I've heard a lot of people say that mall was getting run down. JM, there actually is supposed to be a world class mall in MIA. It's in Bal Harbour called the Bal Harbour Shops. I've never been in it myself although now I would like to check it out.

There's a thread on the Dallas board about malls and I have to say I'm not impressed with any malls in Dallas. If you happen to check out the BHS, would you mind taking some pix of the interior? I don't see much online that wows me about that mall either actually, but maybe it's just the pix online don't really capture it.

Some ding-dong thinks Stonebrier is some world class shopping experience. I told him there's nothing I've seen in the USA (including the Mall of America) that even remotely compares to European standards.

Galerie Lafayette in Paris (wiki pic)

Northpark is your best bet for high end stores in Dallas, that one and the Galleria are as good as it gets. I think town east mall is still the largest but that's in Mesquite.

If I can remember I'll take some photos at BHS. We drove by it many times when up in Surfside.

We just went to Aventura to see what was there and see who was there. Everything we need from a mall is at Aventura and then some.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:45 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,078,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmlacysr View Post
It's a world class mall even by Texas standards. All the majors there even a Barneys and Ted Baker which was nice to see. 20 mins from the 60's and US1, likely faster using 95.

Drive up appeal was like an amusement park. Shocked and awed, just beautiful like all things well done in Miami. Loved the shopping and outdoor food court, it was so soflo. 3 floors of Zara, nice.

Traffic was a parking lot, walking there was like walking through human weave poles. It's not a place for people who hate crowds. I commented to my son, what a zoo this place would be during Xmas. There was no honking in the parking lot. Everyone seem to understand it was going to take some time to get in there but worth it. The most patient drivers I've encounted in south florida.

I was looking for the pants on the ground crowd but didn't notice any in the mass of humanity. I'm sure things change on the weekend and especially around the AMC.

Walking there, I had to think who I was seeing were all Miamians. Go to Aventura mall and to a Publix and this tells me who is who. While we saw some beautiful people, not everyone was a super model. My son commented that the older women were hotter than the younger which is a good thing for his Dad.

It's diversity on steroids, we sensed that we were in a strong Jewish and Russian community, add blacks and browns and whites and it had a unique feel to us. It was in Aventura but frankly reminded me of all Miami. I think it represents and like many other things in Miami I have found, it's done very well.

We'll be back.
Aventura is a world class mall and the Aventura area is lovely and is one of the truly diverse areas in Miami Dade County .... the only down side is the rough thug element that shows up on Friday and Saturday nights ... so just avoid the mall on those nights and it is a nice place .

Old 11-09-2010, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmlacysr View Post
Northpark is your best bet for high end stores in Dallas, that one and the Galleria are as good as it gets. I think town east mall is still the largest but that's in Mesquite.

If I can remember I'll take some photos at BHS. We drove by it many times when up in Surfside.

We just went to Aventura to see what was there and see who was there. Everything we need from a mall is at Aventura and then some.

Bal Harbor is lovely , unique , very , very upscale and very expensive .... worth visiting though for a couple of superb restaurants there .

Old 11-09-2010, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Just be careful at the Aventura mall...there was that riot there awhile back.

There was no "riot " ... it was a large fight between teenage street thugs at the movie theatre ... they have taken strict measures to avoid this happening again .... I was there two weeks ago and the security was impressive .

Old 11-09-2010, 06:43 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,420,553 times
yeah they have a curfew now for teenagers after 10.

Aventura Mall is pretty nice and theres a lot to do, and the best part is that parking is free! Bal Harbour is nice if you have lots of money. Parking isnt free though :/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami