Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you hate most about Miami?
Rude people 64 44.14%
Lack of Diversity 25 17.24%
Crime 43 29.66%
Drug problems 32 22.07%
Schools 22 15.17%
Bad Economy 32 22.07%
Boring/Nothing to Do 12 8.28%
Distances too far 16 11.03%
Not easy to stay thin 6 4.14%
Cost of Living 38 26.21%
Low Income 29 20.00%
Traffic 38 26.21%
Insufficient Public Transportation 16 11.03%
I actually like it here 41 28.28%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 09:14 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,796,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasvegas View Post
This is one thing I hate about Miami - pointless aggression in the form of reckless driving. This was a relatively empty highway, yet the idiot in the yellow car felt the need to cut me off and drive over solid white lines, after tailgating me at 70mph since the previous exit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxD_VCCTFfk

Such driving is a common occurrence in Miami. I just managed to catch it on my phone's camera this time. What the camera didn't catch is the ******* tailgating me for no reason and the distance between his car and mine doesn't look so bad from the phone's camera.

Where are the cops when you need them? He wasn't driving a Civic, but he was driving a car that seems to be popular among Miami douchebag drivers. JM, people may doubt you, but I'm prepared to catch Miami's ills on camera, so that no one can dispute them. You should do the same!

The question I always ask myself is "Is this really necessary?". People drive like c**ts and act like c**ts in Miami because they can and they feel they have the world's biggest balls. 'nuff said.

Glass - off topic - but man I love Gordon Lightfoot - does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours? Pure poetry!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 07:07 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Quote:
This is one thing I hate about Miami - pointless aggression in the form of reckless driving. This was a relatively empty highway, yet the idiot in the yellow car felt the need to cut me off and drive over solid white lines, after tailgating me at 70mph since the previous exit:

Such driving is a common occurrence in Miami. I just managed to catch it on my phone's camera this time. What the camera didn't catch is the ******* tailgating me for no reason and the distance between his car and mine doesn't look so bad from the phone's camera.

Where are the cops when you need them? He wasn't driving a Civic, but he was driving a car that seems to be popular among Miami douchebag drivers. JM, people may doubt you, but I'm prepared to catch Miami's ills on camera, so that no one can dispute them. You should do the same!

The question I always ask myself is "Is this really necessary?". People drive like c**ts and act like c**ts in Miami because they can and they feel they have the world's biggest balls. 'nuff said.

What a moron. What did the guy in the yellow car save himself by cutting in front, 3 seconds? Maybe.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:24 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
The question is... What about Miami makes it so stressful to drive in? We know there's traffic and congestion which compounds the issue. But what is it that makes Miami so bad? I think it's the people, moreso than the traffic/congestion. I think the people just dont seem to care about anyone but themselves. There's such a large population of those folks. It's the places where they come from that has that mentality, and it carries over when they move to Miami. That's my thoughts.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:52 AM

932 posts, read 1,176,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
What a moron. What did the guy in the yellow car save himself by cutting in front, 3 seconds? Maybe.
No reason at all. The camera didn't catch him tailgating me prior to that example of douchebaggery. He didn't save himself any time at all and for some reason, he almost came to a complete stop still on the expressway offramp to change lanes.

It's pointless idiocy. Aggressive driving is one thing in a big, congested city, but much of the driving BS in Miami doesn't need to happen. There was hardly any traffic yesterday when I filmed that. He could just as easily have overtaken me much earlier on (and I wasn't driving slowly, before anyone asks).

Old 12-29-2010, 07:56 AM

932 posts, read 1,176,968 times
Quote:
The question is... What about Miami makes it so stressful to drive in? We know there's traffic and congestion which compounds the issue. But what is it that makes Miami so bad? I think it's the people, moreso than the traffic/congestion. I think the people just dont seem to care about anyone but themselves. There's such a large population of those folks. It's the places where they come from that has that mentality, and it carries over when they move to Miami. That's my thoughts.
- Lack of law enforcement.
- Mega self-entitlement.
- Driving test is too easy.
- Bad cocktail of drivers in general (old people, macho idiots, sociopaths, people from countries with few driving laws, young racers).
- People texting while driving.
- Too much anger and aggression in many Miamians and a total lack of regard for others.
- Poorly designed expressways, many of which are deathtraps.
- Lack of ComSense (pun indented LOL)
Any others?

Old 12-29-2010, 08:18 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,191,580 times
Driving test are extremely easy. I think there is some conspiracy behind it (gas consumption business? ).

Old 12-29-2010, 10:16 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,074,399 times
Quote:

Yes many people in Miami drive like maniacal loons ... I think we know that ... my question to you is filming on your camera phone while listening to Boy George ... that is kind of creepy ... more so than the "young Cubanazo" in the banana yellow pimp mobile !!!!

Old 12-29-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:

Daily occurence down here .... worse in Dade ... but you have some of that in Broward as well .

Old 12-29-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
No reason at all. The camera didn't catch him tailgating me prior to that example of douchebaggery. He didn't save himself any time at all and for some reason, he almost came to a complete stop still on the expressway offramp to change lanes.

It's pointless idiocy. Aggressive driving is one thing in a big, congested city, but much of the driving BS in Miami doesn't need to happen. There was hardly any traffic yesterday when I filmed that. He could just as easily have overtaken me much earlier on (and I wasn't driving slowly, before anyone asks).

"Douchebaggery" .. awesome .. I will have to write that one down !!

Old 12-29-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
- Lack of law enforcement.
- Mega self-entitlement.
- Driving test is too easy.
- Bad cocktail of drivers in general (old people, macho idiots, sociopaths, people from countries with few driving laws, young racers).
- People texting while driving.
- Too much anger and aggression in many Miamians and a total lack of regard for others.
- Poorly designed expressways, many of which are deathtraps.
- Lack of ComSense (pun indented LOL)
Any others?

I think your first bullet point is the main one .... cops are useless down there and too worried about their biceps looking "hot " in their uniforms and where they will score their next round of roids .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami