Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 03:15 PM

85 posts, read 587,069 times

Advertisements

Can someone tell me the names of the nice areas of North Miami? where the nice schools are, or nice areas to raise kids? Is this place close to the ocean?
If I ask a real estate what should I ask? houses in north miami beach or should I be more specific? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2007, 03:36 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,965,981 times
there are none, reconsider your plans. if u r a multi millionaire u can barricade yourself into some mansion on the beach or in a glassy highrise condo and send your kids to private school for 20k/yr...otherwise forget about it...almost would be better off in baghdad

Old 05-15-2007, 06:19 PM

355 posts, read 1,583,555 times
Areas of North Miami that are beautiful are Keystone and San Souci, but they are pricey. There aren't any nice schools in North Miami. Probably better schools in the Aventura area. Lots of condos there as well. The traffic is horrendous. Nice homes in Bay Harbor Islands, but very expensive, unfortunately. There are areas of North Miami Beach, near skylake (more upscale) and near greynolds park (middle-class, not fancy, but decent) with the city hall and pool nearby.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:12 PM

13 posts, read 47,186 times
Have you found any information that was useful in your search for nice areas in or near north miami beach???

Old 07-06-2007, 02:54 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonbaby View Post
Can someone tell me the names of the nice areas of North Miami? where the nice schools are, or nice areas to raise kids? Is this place close to the ocean?
If I ask a real estate what should I ask? houses in north miami beach or should I be more specific? thanks
For good schools, and nice areas to raise kids, just forget it. Try west Broward, unless you want your kids to go to school with gangs and rodents, or want to spend 20k for a private school.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:57 PM

22 posts, read 796,189 times
Go a little west and try Miami Lakes. It's pretty nice there. Very expensive though. NO Good schools unless you try some of the Catholic/Christian/private schools in the area.

Old 07-06-2007, 03:02 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikis View Post
Go a little west and try Miami Lakes. It's pretty nice there. Very expensive though. NO Good schools unless you try some of the Catholic/Christian/private schools in the area.
She might as well go into Broward...

Old 07-06-2007, 03:02 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
Florida is not known for having great schools compared to other states. Plan on putting your kids in to private school for the best education.

Old 07-06-2007, 03:18 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,305,063 times
Pinecrest has some very good schools, not just for Miami but nationally ranked. From around 88th street south to SW 136 street East of US1 is the Pinecrest area. Don't think of buying a home there for under a million but you can get condos just West of USI for $200,000 or less and still be in the school district. Also, if you insiste that your child wants to take Hebrew you are entitled to go to Palmetto High School (Pinecrest area) no matter where you live (you provide the transportation, I believe). The reason is that if the school in your area doesn't offer a class then you can go to a school that does. As of a few years ago Palmetto was the only school that offered Hebrew. I'm sure there are other classes that you could find that can give a similar arrangement.

Roger Bacon

Old 07-06-2007, 04:55 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Don't think of buying a home there for under a million but you can get condos just West of USI for $200,000 or less and still be in the school district.
US1 is the cut off for Palmetto High there is one part west of US1 that kids do go to Palmetto Senior, but is down South near Perrine in the black area this way the school has its mixed race thing covered. But the areas just across US1 from Pinecrest go to Killian I am almost postive about this. As I live in this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami