Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 07:47 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,265,153 times

Advertisements

don't worry about it =)

Old 01-17-2011, 08:04 AM

2 posts, read 3,111 times
It is sad that this country is being overrun by illegals who have brought in a mass wave of crime to this country. While the southern states have been most affected so far, I'm afraid the rest of America will suffer soon. There are so many regions of our country that I had planned to visit with my young family one day, which I no longer consider safe.
Although I am aware of the problem, I'm not sure what I can do personally to change anything. So many people moving in, so fast - literally forcing us to learn a language that is foreign to this country, in order to get the better paying jobs. Pushing us out of areas of the country that our not-so-distant relatives fought to defend.
I am sick, but not sure what can be done. Is it too late to make some changes? Have we lost the way of life that our parents once enjoyed? Our politicians have made nothing but empty threats and compromises. Your thoughts?

Old 01-17-2011, 08:09 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,265,153 times
You cannot save the world. All you can do is focus on self-improvement and personal growth and keeping those you care about safe and happy. Focus on that.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:13 AM

2 posts, read 3,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
You cannot save the world. All you can do is focus on self-improvement and personal growth and keeping those you care about safe and happy. Focus on that.
That's true I suppose. But if everyone throughout history had focused on self-improvement and personal growth, where would we be today?

Old 01-17-2011, 09:36 AM

810 posts, read 1,578,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justaguess View Post
It is sad that this country is being overrun by illegals who have brought in a mass wave of crime to this country. While the southern states have been most affected so far, I'm afraid the rest of America will suffer soon. There are so many regions of our country that I had planned to visit with my young family one day, which I no longer consider safe.
Although I am aware of the problem, I'm not sure what I can do personally to change anything. So many people moving in, so fast - literally forcing us to learn a language that is foreign to this country, in order to get the better paying jobs. Pushing us out of areas of the country that our not-so-distant relatives fought to defend.
I am sick, but not sure what can be done. Is it too late to make some changes? Have we lost the way of life that our parents once enjoyed? Our politicians have made nothing but empty threats and compromises. Your thoughts?
you can still visit Miami, it's safe. Your children will enjoy our beaches and our beautiful national parks.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:42 AM

37 posts, read 50,814 times
Default Liar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
you can still visit Miami, it's safe......

Miami apologist.....

LIE... LIAR.. LIE.......Miami is NOT safe

Old 01-17-2011, 09:44 AM

1,236 posts, read 4,046,542 times
Cool Me too !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I want to find a U.S. city that is similar to how Miami was in the 60's. It seems amazing. Quiet, polite, beach town with a decent economy..does that exist anywhere?
I'm still searching for the same place I'm "old" now and milder winters are appealing to me. Some of my possibilities are Stuart Venice Ormond Beach

Old 01-17-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_park2 View Post
Miami apologist.....

LIE... LIAR.. LIE.......Miami is NOT safe
Hi Newpark, you're so funny

No, Miami is indeed safe, sweety. You are such a doll, I love your screen name.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
I have no problems with people hating on miami but I dont think we should engage them. It is simply venting for them and they will get over it or leave of their own volition.

If you engage it and fight them on it, it only makes them worse. It inflames the wound. Ignoring them would go a long way to letting them get it out of their system.
You are so right. We need to do something to help these people. Like justaguess said, "if everyone throughout history had focused on self-improvement and personal growth, where would we be today?" We need to help them and I will. I will.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:50 AM

37 posts, read 50,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
Hi Newpark, you're so funny

No, Miami is indeed safe, sweety. You are such a doll, I love your screen name.

I'm NO SWEETY....you MIA POS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami