Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 02:50 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,265,482 times

Advertisements

Beaaauuutiful. I'd love to check the beaches out up there. I've mainly just hiked around in the forests and seen florida caverns and such up there. which beach was that? also what time of year?

Old 01-17-2011, 03:22 PM

810 posts, read 1,578,285 times
Grayton Beach in August.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:10 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
actually the reason I had to stay was because I used all my money to get here. I didnt have a choice. I had to make it work. Now I could easily leave if I wanted to. I have like 6 months of savings I could live on. Part of that came from learning that the unemployment system didnt really work here and I had to learn to save or go broke because there wasnt a social safety net to fall back on. I could easily leave today but I have a good job, inexpensive and decent housing, and florida still has what I came here for - the wildlife/nature/exploration. If i ever leave it would be for hawaii or overseas.

I can't fault others for being negative. You either indulge in whatever specific reasons you came here for or you move away.

I have no problems with people hating on miami but I dont think we should engage them. It is simply venting for them and they will get over it or leave of their own volition.

If you engage it and fight them on it, it only makes them worse. It inflames the wound. Ignoring them would go a long way to letting them get it out of their system.
welcome back CiXel.

Sorry but you can let nothingman/bcreass/newpark2/enjoythesilence and his 3 million new screen names vent all day long and the guy wouldn't feel any better. It's been 4 years and the guy still feels the same way

Don't ask people not to engage. it's not gonna happen. I was there when you were making those negative comments and was annoying to read some of your comments. To be fair it was only a couple of months, but I got so tired of it, I stopped posting for years. It's annoying to read generalizations, repeated posts, cuban bashing. Yes sometimes we all have bad days and come here to vent and have bashed the city or Its people, but when it's 24/7 Year after year like bcreass, I think it's time to seek for professional help. I'm not saying it to sound like a smart-ass, I truely think this guy needs help or he is already posting from a mental institution.

I really have no interest in reading bcreass rants, or the madeup characters like jmlacysr or pear martini which are probably product of his imagination. I understand the rest, but this bcreass character has taking this forum to another level. If people can't have balanced discussions, I'm not interested in participating.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:17 PM

932 posts, read 1,176,968 times
Obviously, this thread should be locked. This diatribe was posted long ago and although some of it rings true and is mildly amusing, it was clearly written long before the economic meltdown and in spite of the economic meltdown, long before Downtown Miami wasn't just a "bunch of empty condos".

Old 01-17-2011, 07:30 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,904,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe View Post
I'm still searching for the same place I'm "old" now and milder winters are appealing to me. Some of my possibilities are Stuart Venice Ormond Beach
Well, please let me know...or even post a thread about anywhere you find that is like that. I'm sure many people on here are wondering about this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami