Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 01:53 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Oh, thanks, useful info. I lived in CA for many years and miss it. So I guess I would not fit in at all. I'd best save my money anyway. Cannot afford to go anywhere. But it's fun to "go there" on CD and I don't even have to leave my house.
mistygrl: If you have experienced the lifestyle in CA, you will not be happy in Miami. The West Coast, (and I mean of the UNITED STATES, not flippin' Florida), is way nicer, care more, are more educated, more laid back, quieter and yes, they do clean up after their dogs. In fact, if you don't, people have a tendency to speak up about it. Here? It's like a dog poo mine field.

I was on the west coast for several years before moving here and it is completely different.

Think of this way...when you're stuck on the 405 at rush hour and thinking everyone in LA cannot drive...multiply that feeling by two thousand and you'll get a small idea of how ****** these people drive around here. It's like they went from donkey and cart to a car with no training.

In other news, just to clear it up, I greatly dislike Miami and I am not a bot. Some of you may like or even love this city, (God, why?!), but accept reality that some of us out here can't stand it here. I cannot wait to get OUT of here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 06:51 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,267,078 times
oh God. 405 South on a friday night. my personal version of HELL.
i feel like that chick in Aliens... kill..... me....
glad to be out of there. there are some things i miss about socal but that traffic is a pretty huge negative.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:27 AM

1,978 posts, read 4,406,883 times
15 north is now just as bad..

Old 02-17-2011, 03:01 AM

1,978 posts, read 4,406,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasvegas View Post
.......And then the gangsta's sprinkled them with Thee Majickal Crip Dust Ov Compton (Tm.) and everything was hunky-dory!!! Hell, they even drove the donk off into the sunset!

Old 02-17-2011, 09:32 AM

49 posts, read 227,589 times
Jazz? Orchestra? lol Miami has an electronic music scene...They hold the ultra festival, the 2nd largest electronic music event in the country. Obviously Miami has a hip-hop and regaeton scene. Miami has a nightlife. People are rude? People are the same everywhere you go...We're all individuals, we're all different...Some of us are polite and some of us are rude...It depends on the person. I'm sure there are a lot of rude people Manhattan. How old are you? I think Miami is a good city for young people, lots of things to do for a young person. Older folks will hate it. I agree with traffic though...It's horrible!

Old 02-17-2011, 09:39 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,323,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveldude View Post
Jazz? Orchestra? lol Miami has an electronic music scene...They hold the ultra festival, the 2nd largest electronic music event in the country. Obviously Miami has a hip-hop and regaeton scene. Miami has a nightlife. People are rude? People are the same everywhere you go...We're all individuals, we're all different...Some of us are polite and some of us are rude...It depends on the person. I'm sure there are a lot of rude people Manhattan. How old are you? I think Miami is a good city for young people, lots of things to do for a young person. Older folks will hate it. I agree with traffic though...It's horrible!
Lot's of rude in people in Manhattan....trust me, makes Miami look like heaven on earth. Miami is a great place with lots of culture, great weather, food, and Lincoln Road is cool. Every major city has traffic. Chicago is among the worst in my mind. I never came across such aggressive drivers. The cheeseheads from up north have a nickname for them....FIB's.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:45 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
Tell me one thing a youngster can do in Miami besides going the beach, nightclubs or the mall... the answer is obviously: Hobbies. Now, there are cities offering more entertainment to your hobbies; not every city can please what you fancy. So obviously there are people here who can't relate to what this city has to offer.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:47 AM

"People are the same everywhere you go"

i disagree. there are cultural differences all over the world. i would say its different all over the world.
yes there are people who are rude and selfish everrywhere you go but it is the concentration of them that matters. family is more important in some countries than others. some countries are more rude and harsh and some are more altruistic and will take a stranger into their homes. its different everywhere. miami simply has a ruder population than much of the country most americans are used to which is why they show their discontent.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:04 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,323,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
"People are the same everywhere you go"

i disagree. there are cultural differences all over the world. i would say its different all over the world.
yes there are people who are rude and selfish everrywhere you go but it is the concentration of them that matters. family is more important in some countries than others. some countries are more rude and harsh and some are more altruistic and will take a stranger into their homes. its different everywhere. miami simply has a ruder population than much of the country most americans are used to which is why they show their discontent.
I travel between NYC and Miami often and NYC is far ruder than Miami. And Boston, whoa! Hockey dad's beat other hockey dad's to death in bean town (Hockey Dad Found Guilty - CBS News). Miami's not so bad once you have traveled to other cities in the U.S.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:18 AM

miamilife: I've heard just the opposite from new yorkers who moved back. They complained about low intelligence among grocery store staff etc. They told me they just wanted to get things done but people were too stupid to figure out what they wanted. or in their words "its like being trapped with everyone's retarded cousin". They said in new york they dont train you on the job but have you trained before they put you to work. They claimed there was no common courtesy here and that someone in NY will help someone carry a baby carriage down the stairs just to get it out of the way. That #1 it was about getting things done - not being rude for the sake of being rude. The problem with alot of people here is there are alot of pent up angry people who are just looking for any excuse to give someone flack. They said its the difference between aggressive drivers in new york where it's calculated risk verses sloppy lazy aggressive driving. They made it seem as though there were more intelligence and reason behind the new york rudeness verses the rudeness you see here. I guess like when Donald Trump says 'its not personal, its just business' ? I've never been to new york so i have no idea whether this is accurate or not. simply repeating what was told to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami