Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 09:32 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,251,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I have only been to NYC once but I agree it is overrated like most cities. Expensive, dumpy and smaller than I initially thought. That was when the WTC was still there, I have to admit that I did not like it either. Central Park makes NYC unique, and Wall Street is a one of a kind place. Miami was a decent place to live but since the 80's has been on a downhill trend. However, I prefer Miami to NYC.
i cant call any city overrated where people vote with their feet to be there. facts are facts. if most people want to do something it must be superior. just because you cant see it doesnt mean it isnt better. i wouldnt want to live in nyc but i can understand that many millions do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
I think what is disappointing to most people(visitors mainly) is that they expect everything west of Biscayne Bay to look like Miami Beach and that is not going to be the case as Miami and its numerous suburbs are the working side, there are a lot of nice areas just not one big resort.
or as my boss said. "i like miami beach but i dont know about the mainland."

Old 05-13-2011, 10:23 AM

911 posts, read 1,704,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
i wouldnt want to live in nyc but i can understand that many millions do.
We are toying with the idea of NYC. Maybe one more year in Florida after Miami.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:43 AM

433 posts, read 950,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmlacysr View Post
if you leave right now Im sure me and a lot of rude Miamians will pay you the air ticket, but it has to be one way and far far far far away from here.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:55 AM

810 posts, read 1,571,464 times
Thumbs down Epic Fail

Quote:
We are toying with the idea of NYC. Maybe one more year in Florida after Miami
Of course you are, of course

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzLTiksjjdU

Old 05-13-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson View Post
if you leave right now Im sure me and a lot of rude Miamians will pay you the air ticket, but it has to be one way and far far far far away from here.
hah like they have any money

Old 05-13-2011, 12:12 PM

40 posts, read 49,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson View Post
----

Like I mentioned in a previous post, we should start a collection for these hapless hobos and charter a bus for them, one way to Asheberry NC.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:13 PM

810 posts, read 1,571,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
hah like they have any money
says the guy who lives in a townhome in Homestead

YouTube - Hahaha

Old 05-13-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
says the guy who lives in a townhome in Homestead

YouTube - Hahaha
and saving a ton of cash doing it. i went on a week cruise to mexico and a 2 wk trip to the philippines last year. plus we're paying down all our debt from california.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:25 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,904,872 times
Quote:
You better do your homework(look further than forums for help) or you will experience problems maybe even worse than Miami as you have to be very cost efficient to live in New York City for instance whether to own a car if you live in the city, a lot more things to think about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami