Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 07:45 PM

221 posts, read 452,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_park2 View Post
If I can persuade at least one AMERICAN.....NOT TO MOVE TO Miami.....

I'm satisfied
This.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:53 PM

932 posts, read 1,176,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlueBlue View Post
This.
That's a self-defeating prophecy though. I mean, what Miami needs is for educated and civilized people to take the plunge and move here and actually stick around. If enough people do this, Miami wil change eventually, only I'll be long gone by the time that happens.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:57 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,265,482 times
There needs to be a magazine or website or something to tell people where to find things or do things in miami. There is alot of interesting things here with little or no advertisement. There are common problems that happen frequently and frustrate new arrivals but every new person who arrives has to reinvent the wheel. People come here and vent and the tactic I'm trying is to try to show them compassion. We've all been there.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:07 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,319,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
Most posters know how I feel about Miami and it's issues, but even for me, I think there have been a rash of posts filled with distaste for Miami lately. I don't think the dynamics have changed in Miami recently to cause this kind of spike in these posts...so why all of a sudden is there an overwhelming barrage of these unhappy residents? Especially when one day to the next the same posts are repeated. Can we get a sticky to categorize some and cut down on repetition?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
Many threads opened by "1 post" forumers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasvegas View Post
Too many new threads being created and many newbies who are coming to the forum for the sole purpose of complaining, trolling or just to pick fights with people. It's actually getting quite annoying, so much so that there are so many threads that I lose track of my posts and any subsequent replies, because they get drowned and lost in 20 pages of nothingness.
It's all very suspicious. If one wants to say negative things about an area, that's no problem, but the spike in the very similar postings has sent up red flags for me.

I've held off on posting on quite a few threads and will continue to until it all dies down.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:10 PM

932 posts, read 1,176,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
There needs to be a magazine or website or something to tell people where to find things or do things in miami. There is alot of interesting things here with little or no advertisement. There are common problems that happen frequently and frustrate new arrivals but every new person who arrives has to reinvent the wheel. People come here and vent and the tactic I'm trying is to try to show them compassion. We've all been there.
In terms of this forum, I think that it'd help if those who defend Miami often so blindly would offer suggestions and advice as to what there is to do here, especially if it's more well hidden and harder to seek out than in other cities. In your case, you are doing just that. Perhaps those who love and defend Miami should seek to do the same, rather than complain about the complainers or hurl childish insults. For example, if I say "Damn, there's nothing to do in Miami but go to the beach or go clubbing", reply with suggestions and give me a sensible rebuttal that includes suggestions, e.g. "Did you know that you can do x activity here" or "Have you checked out x?". I think that would help far more than treating people with contempt.

Just my 2 cents' worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami