Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 09:25 PM

810 posts, read 1,578,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
You have an A.A. in what???

Minimum wage??
"General Studies"

Marina maybe you don't do well in interviews. It's very easy to get a $10-14 an hour job with a high school diploma.

With your AA degree you are not gonna get a $20 an hour job anywhere. Don't blame Miami. You need to work your way up the corporate ladder. Welcome to the rat race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 01:35 PM

683 posts, read 1,468,932 times
Now I see why she isn´t a CFO.

Marina, you need to study the job market. Someone with that degree isnt really needed. You should get a degree related to healthcare, engineering, or accounting.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:43 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,266,706 times
I was at magic kingdom on saturday. They're even in the process of putting automated terminals for both tickets and food sales at the park. The food sales terminals work great but it causes a pileup at the counter waiting for the food. There isn't going to be a job left in the country...

Old 01-24-2011, 02:27 PM

888 posts, read 886,629 times
Miami Dade College Medical Campus has some pretty good certification programs.
Marina ought to explore those.
They do not take that long, they are inexpensive, and MDC has community connections to get employment in the field.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:14 PM

535 posts, read 1,411,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
"General Studies"

Marina maybe you don't do well in interviews. It's very easy to get a $10-14 an hour job with a high school diploma.

With your AA degree you are not gonna get a $20 an hour job anywhere. Don't blame Miami. You need to work your way up the corporate ladder. Welcome to the rat race.
I'll start my Bachelor's in May and work wherever I can... I do not really care now, I'll get a better job when I get my B.A. and move up north....

It's not that easy to get paid more than $8 with a high school diploma, you live in Dade or Palm Beach??... most people are getting paid peanuts and doing the job of three or more people... some companies are blaming the economy for paying low wages even though they're doing fine...

Old 01-24-2011, 05:18 PM

535 posts, read 1,411,029 times
I'm sick and tired of people telling me and telling everybody else to get a medical degree... I HATE SCIENCE WITH A PASSION! I'm into humanities, law and business fields... Better study something you like and look for a job out of Florida... Accounting and engineering jobs in Florida are unexistent... I know many people in those fields who are unemployed and working in $8 an hour jobs...

The other day in a Kendall parking lot a gentlement was asking me where he can get a job and if I had some money so he can eat... He told me his daughter has a degree in Business Administration and currently she's a housekeeper becuase she cannot find any job... I heard many similar stories and it breaks my heart.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:57 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,419,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina1686 View Post
I'm sick and tired of people telling me and telling everybody else to get a medical degree... I HATE SCIENCE WITH A PASSION! I'm into humanities, law and business fields... Better study something you like and look for a job out of Florida... Accounting and engineering jobs in Florida are unexistent... I know many people in those fields who are unemployed and working in $8 an hour jobs...

The other day in a Kendall parking lot a gentlement was asking me where he can get a job and if I had some money so he can eat... He told me his daughter has a degree in Business Administration and currently she's a housekeeper becuase she cannot find any job... I heard many similar stories and it breaks my heart.
exactly, the jobs in FL are in more rural areas. Major cities like Miami, Orlando, Tampa etc will have no jobs at all due to saturation

Old 01-24-2011, 07:54 PM

615 posts, read 1,676,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
Hi everyone, I recently moved from Vancouver Canada to Florida. Right now as a dual citizen. Im staying with family in Orlando area. I have an MBA ( with additional course work in Finance and Marketing) and 2 bachelors degrees, altough Im somewhat of a new grad can you give me some suggestions for the job hunt? I havent been looking that long but I want to look at actual company websites as opposed to career builder and monster etc. where can I find a good list of companies to check out their websites directly

I have spent allot of time in Florida in the past so I am familiar with the state. Im looking to go move to the south florida area. It has been a goal of mine for a long time

thanks

Take a look at this information, and it will provide "The Best Companies to work for ..............". You can choose the state that you which to view its respective companies.

100 Best Companies to Work For 2011: States - Florida - from FORTUNE

Good luck!

Old 01-24-2011, 09:10 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace587 View Post
exactly, the jobs in FL are in more rural areas. Major cities like Miami, Orlando, Tampa etc will have no jobs at all due to saturation
I now live in a rural area and there are not many jobs here either. However, it is nice to be away from the cesspool My current goal is to develop a new business in biofuels as soon as I can get the capital together. I see great potential for Florida producing land and algae based fuels as the real estate bubble deflates further.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:50 PM

796 posts, read 1,843,427 times
Ya'll need to come to Texas....lots of jobs here in San Antonio...well, a lot more than in Miami! I miss my family and the Keys and Second Saturday artwalk in Wynwood, but that's about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami