Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 11:01 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,635,426 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately, this isn't a rare occurrence in the Miami region. Before today, five other officers had been shot to death in the area since 2006 alone (3 Broward Sheriff's deputies, one Miami-Dade officer, and one City of Miami officer).

Old 01-20-2011, 11:42 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,007,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
These are no heroes to me. They were doing they job. Cops know what they get themselves into when they sign up for the job. Not sure why they always managed to close I-95, it's like a given, crisis in the city...quick close I-95!!!
Really?

A sad day indeed, hate it when police officers are killed on duty like this. They are out their trying to help and protect us.

Old 01-21-2011, 04:51 AM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Really?

A sad day indeed, hate it when police officers are killed on duty like this. They are out their trying to help and protect us.
Even those unnecessarily handing out moving violation tickets? No mourning for an unemployed, struggling father today, sole supporter of a family, racing around town looking for work, and he's handed a rinky-dink speeding ticket, and the family suffers all week because the money budgeted for food, now goes to pay the ticket.

Again, repeated, collective karma at work?

Last edited by tijlover; 01-21-2011 at 04:51 AM.. Reason: Edit

Old 01-21-2011, 04:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,135 times
My regret, in addition to the loss of the two officers, is that the adminstrators of their Department allowed them to try to arrest a killer without requiring them to wear ballistic face shields to stop bullets fired at their heads by the killer. They would not have allowed the officers to try arrest the killer without having a firearm to protect themselves, or a vest, but they allowed them to go without a ballistic face shield to stop bullets fired at their heads by the killer.

Having lost a fellow officer, Patrolman Donald Martin, Cincinnati, Oh PD, in the 60's, I personally know the pain. I pray for the two officers, their families and their fellow officers.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:51 AM

1,092 posts, read 2,699,470 times
My same thoughts. I do feel bad that two human beings were killed by a career criminal. What bothers me is that these two cops were just doing their jobs. This city and our police depts are too dramatic when one of "the force" (that sounds so Star Trek) gets killed or wounded. Then we have those ridiculous processions all over the city with hundreds of cops killing time....on our tax dollars time...and I always wonder...who is watching out for crime when all cops are "mourning"!!! Sad day for Miami yes, but an even sadder city and its drama...

Old 01-21-2011, 06:55 AM

1,308 posts, read 3,401,645 times
Quote:
These are no heroes to me. They were doing they job. Cops know what they get themselves into when they sign up for the job. Not sure why they always managed to close I-95, it's like a given, crisis in the city...quick close I-95!!!
What an ignorant thing to say. Do pilots expect to crash a plane? Do electricians expect to get electrocuted? Do garbage men expect to fall off the truck, and hit by a car? Is it a hate for cops, or are you just heartless and selfish? I assume you were just raised that way, so I wont waste any energy on you. Sorry that your route was closed.

These people are human just like MOST of you. They are working on holidays, and at night. They deal with the scum of the earth, so that you could sleep at night. People complain when they see them eating or just hanging around. Last time that I checked, most of us get a lunch break. Whoever wants to criticize about that, or about how much money they make, should go on a ride along. Applications are also being accepted if you are willing to die for the ungrateful community.

To those with a heart, thank you.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Even those unnecessarily handing out moving violation tickets? No mourning for an unemployed, struggling father today, sole supporter of a family, racing around town looking for work, and he's handed a rinky-dink speeding ticket, and the family suffers all week because the money budgeted for food, now goes to pay the ticket.

Again, repeated, collective karma at work?
So because you got a ticket, which is your fault, they deserve to die. There's nothing left for me to say here. I'll leave this thread. have at it.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:00 AM

Quote:
My same thoughts. I do feel bad that two human beings were killed by a career criminal. What bothers me is that these two cops were just doing their jobs. This city and our police depts are too dramatic when one of "the force" (that sounds so Star Trek) gets killed or wounded. Then we have those ridiculous processions all over the city with hundreds of cops killing time....on our tax dollars time...and I always wonder...who is watching out for crime when all cops are "mourning"!!! Sad day for Miami yes, but an even sadder city and its drama...
Dont worry, the streets will be covered. No one is getting paid to go to the funeral. The regular duty cops will still be handling calls, while the other two shifts, and other agencies attend. Sorry for any road closures.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:26 AM

23 posts, read 34,611 times
Quote:
. "Mourning" only takes a few hours, not weeks or months. Not every police officer goes to those processions. You are The ONE being melodramatic here and you didn't lose one of your co-workers.

Give a rest and be respectful. You don't even live in Miami, so it's not "your" money.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:47 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Vice View Post
So because you got a ticket, which is your fault, they deserve to die. There's nothing left for me to say here. I'll leave this thread. have at it.

Miami mentality I guess, I dunno. I'm actually suprised, even though this is the Miami forum, to hear people say these things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami