Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2011, 05:07 PM

6 posts, read 11,804 times

Advertisements

Very appreciate of all the prior posts. Moving to Miami last week of June 2011, forced to do much of the process remotely from west coast. Planning on spending a few days in Miami first week of May to hopefully conclude things and sign on a place. A few questions:

# Anyone know any details re: the lofts at Brickell on the River, or Infinity. Locations of these places w/in Brickell don't really concern me as far as deciding factors. (though, I'd still appreciate hearing any). More interested in concerns re: the building itself, amenities, wall-thickness (pet peeve numero uno). I'm curious as to why these units don't seem to be as popular in the posts. I'm speculating that electricity costs may be outrageous to keep a loft space A/C'd.

# Would love to hear opinions on downright cheapest buildings in Brickell, that are liveable/do-able.

# Add'tl constraint of owning a caged parrot, small-sized. Know any decent pet friendly buildings? Some places don't deem them 'pets' for their purposes, as it's often a screen for dogs/cats that incur more damage to the unit, but obviously that's left to the owner's discretion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 10:01 PM

18,073 posts, read 18,750,721 times
Buildings are a hit and miss here. I would love to say the more expensive the better, but that is just not the case.

So many here were built with max profit in mind, they are basically cardboard containers. My friend pays $1600 a month and can hear every step and whisper of his neighbor the walls are so thin.

The locations in Brickell are all concentrated, I like water views so I pay extra for it, and I hate the city noise. But as for locations, any of which will only add 5 minutes to any place you are going.

I say best thing to do is check some of interest, then come back here and tell us what you think, and we will give our opinion. Giving us a price would be helpful also.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:17 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,301,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
So many here were built with max profit in mind, they are basically cardboard containers. My friend pays $1600 a month and can hear every step and whisper of his neighbor the walls are so thin.
Yes!

Now, you can fix some of the things yourself. Add on sound reducing drywall (but unless you take down the current drywall you'll lose a little space around the room) change out fixtures, etc.

Look at the number of listings in a building and the sales. Look at the association numbers to see if everything looks good, etc.

I personally like the lofts (which would be Brickell on the River's South building) because I always figure if I need additional space I could always have the upstairs loft extended in some way to give me more floor space.

Cheapest buildings are usually the older ones like the Four Ambassadors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: