Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 01:32 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times

Advertisements

well "house" music started in Chicago so to say there is nothing between the coasts doesn't make sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 02:28 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
That is Chicago, i think the poster was mening KC, Omaha, Podunk, etc. Throughout a few countries in Europe, about every place, even a smallish town, will have some sort of club in it. I stayed in Sweden for awhile in some town of under 2000 people and it had 3 clubs, one of them was one of the best I ever went to. It seems to be more in the culture than here in the US.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:05 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
USA is more into county fairs and community center/church drama plays.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:06 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,384,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
That is Chicago, i think the poster was mening KC, Omaha, Podunk, etc. Throughout a few countries in Europe, about every place, even a smallish town, will have some sort of club in it. I stayed in Sweden for awhile in some town of under 2000 people and it had 3 clubs, one of them was one of the best I ever went to. It seems to be more in the culture than here in the US.
True. I guess the culture can vary across regions more.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:23 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
i think the poster was mening KC, Omaha, Podunk

Well if you think about it places like NYC, LA & Miami always attract the most creative when it comes to clubs and music of any genre.
Who the hell wants to party in Omaha? (PS: I have been to Omaha!)

Old 03-29-2011, 05:57 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,476,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
i think the poster was mening KC, Omaha, Podunk

Well if you think about it places like NYC, LA & Miami always attract the most creative when it comes to clubs and music of any genre.
Who the hell wants to party in Omaha? (PS: I have been to Omaha!)
Yeah, that's pretty much it. Where one thinks of great clubs, Omaha doesn't much fit with Miami, NY and LA. Also, I think the Euro influence over the years has had a huge effect. 15 years ago internationals were the only tourists Miami was getting. All the Americans were going to FTL until FTL stomped out Spring Break.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:25 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
"Who the hell wants to party in Omaha? (PS: I have been to Omaha!)"

I would if it was worth a darn and on my way to something.

What gets me is many people from there will come here or NYC, state how cool and fun it is, then go back to Omaha and continue thier mudane life, tlaking for years about their vacation to Miami and how fun it was.

So, WHY NOT MAKE THE PLACE YOU LIVE THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people just have a mentality that they are only suppose to have fun on vacation, and that fun is always suppose to be somewhere else other than you live.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:01 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
The middle states have just found a way to weed out douche bags and wannabes who wear Tap Out, thats probably why there aren't so many clubs.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:56 AM

1,978 posts, read 4,406,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
The middle states have just found a way to weed out douche bags and wannabes who wear Tap Out, thats probably why there aren't so many clubs.

Yeah, is it just me or does the whole "Tap Out" thing cause you to bristle with distrust and hostility. I mean would you trust ANYONE all decked out in Tap Out gear?

How about these other types of DB's?

Here's some DB's that just creep me out to the max. What is with the pouty lip thing?!?! It's some sort of weird over the top, in your face, macho body language combined with primping and lipstick. You almost can't look at these kind of people head-on because it's like "whoa! this guy is freaking me out!!! What is his game?!?!"

Is this just some weird New Jersey thing or are the clubs in South Beach full of these freaks?

Last edited by Reptoid Humidian; 04-01-2011 at 02:29 AM..

Old 04-01-2011, 03:48 AM

1,978 posts, read 4,406,883 times
One of the things that freaks me out about these dudes is the weird vibe of ultra-macho homo-phobic paranoia they project with their body language, while at the same time, being primped-up with lipstick and pouty lips and managing to look gayer than a tree full of parrots!!! It reminds me of the ruling class of popular jocks in my high school, back in the 80's who (no joke) would wear tight white pants, Pink flip collar Izod Polo shirts and get Shirley Temple style perms (WTF?!!) and they would go around bullying, punching and tripping people and calling them 'F4gg0+s'!

I left that school with an absurd level of homo-phobia because of the social brainwashing that I had in that school. It made it difficult for me to look at anyone of the male half of the species head on or without some type of distrust, violent instinct, revulsion, or paranoia.

My high school years were completely toxic! When I moved out to San Diego, that revulsion kept on until the early to mid 90's when I discovered the Rave and Goth scenes. These were non-judgemental environments where people did not accuse or indict other's sexuality so it was no longer an epithet that could be hurled against me and others capriciously. If someone had asked me what I thought of the gays before my club days, I would have hurled hateful invective against them and compared them to the lowest forms of life. However, if someone had asked me what I thought of the gays during and after my club years I would have simply said "I don't. I mean I don't really think about them at all. They're on their trip, and I'm on mine." The venom has been neutralized.

I remember one day looking back and remembering the sheer levels of my paranoia and hatred for these people, and being absolutely astonished that I had ever been at that point, and wondering how I got from there to here, while remaining straight but neutral, and have even had several friends that were gay. It took a lot of introspection to figure out where that level of hate came from, and then I had a blinding illumination!

The only reason I hated this group of people with such an intensity was because their existence and the name that was given to them at that time provided a name which could be used as a weapon of exclusion and propaganda to provoke violence against me and others. I hated these people because they were hated. It was pure and simple! I hated the fear of being associated with this scapegoat group.

The Germans feared and loathed the Jews because their very existence provided a name that could be used as an epithet against them. To be called a Jew! Excluded! Ghettoized! Taken away in the night! How could anyone dare to try to understand a group of people for fear of punishment on pain of isolation, beatings or death!

So when I look at the people in those pictures I posted, I am reminded of these people that held the power at the school. The same people that looked like the very group they were persecuting! And I am reminded of how the greater and more violent members of the Nazi leadership were half Jewish, and how the Fuhrer himself was the exact antipode of the Aryan ideals he was trying to project.

Last edited by Reptoid Humidian; 04-01-2011 at 04:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: