Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 12:46 PM

413 posts, read 819,505 times

Advertisements

Why the House music played in South Beach is not popular at all in the rest of the US except in NY? Why do most Americans prefer very laid back places, where people don't dress up, and with hip hop music? In Europe most clubs are similar to Miami's ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 01:23 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
I found it similiar as in California and a few other places.

My experience though seems to be any place that pops up like that, it ends up attracting thugs who in turn ruin it for everyone, then the place goes under or always has the rep for being a bad place to go. I have seen this a few times in the places I have lived. Europe does not quite have the extensive thug/criminal problem the US does. I will add that Europeans are just a funner crowd, the nighlife in any European city on average is 100 times better than any American city. Europe just has an entertainment culture, many Americans think it has to be some sort of special event or vacation, other than that, a night eating at Applebees is considered crazy.

There are bars and such everywhere, but dirty jeans and a t-shirt seem to be the standard attire.

But this is probably why I enjoy Miami so much, a lot of immigrants who just come from a fun culture, so who inturn bring this same cultural influence with them (along with all the other stuff, good and bad).

Old 03-24-2011, 02:00 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,267,078 times
I used to really enjoy raves back in the late 90s/early 2000s. when they turned into massives i stopped going. I like a relaxed hippie vibe lubricated with lots of ecstacy, hallucinogens, backrubs, vaporub, hugging and tons of beads. Those were the days... Candyraver forever.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:54 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,324,090 times
Personally, I don't like a place where the bass is so loud it literally makes my teeth chatter.

I do enjoy getting dressed up, but I'd rather go out for a nice dinner then relax on a comfy sofa with a nice view and bottle of wine afterward. More of at least a lounge type atmosphere, but I hate the feeling of being pushed along like I'm hogging a seat if I simply want to take my time and relax.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:25 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,267,078 times
noway, its all about crawling into an earthquake speaker. full body massage.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:19 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,905,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy_Fin_Guy View Post
Why the House music played in South Beach is not popular at all in the rest of the US except in NY? Why do most Americans prefer very laid back places, where people don't dress up, and with hip hop music? In Europe most clubs are similar to Miami's ones.
So what is the hippest watering hole right now?

What place would you most likely see Johnny Depp sans the eyeliner?

Old 03-25-2011, 09:15 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,324,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
noway, its all about crawling into an earthquake speaker. full body massage.

I did go to one club for a particular reason (nothing bad! ) and there were not many people there... I asked the DJ to turn it to something with less bass. I don't think he appreciated that

Old 03-25-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12buttons View Post
So what is the hippest watering hole right now?

What place would you most likely see Johnny Depp sans the eyeliner?
Mynt, Mokai, Set

Old 03-26-2011, 03:25 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,419,077 times
You can find house music at certain venues in major cities such as Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles areas (even Orange County has a house venue), pretty sure Las Vegas gets some house. And yeah you already mentioned NYC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy_Fin_Guy View Post

Old 03-26-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
You can find house music at certain venues in major cities such as Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles areas (even Orange County has a house venue), pretty sure Las Vegas gets some house. And yeah you already mentioned NYC.
Yes, but in between the coasts nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: