Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 07:16 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,540,104 times

Advertisements

So the guy gets cheated on by his wife and he blames Miami! What a typical capital "L"!

Old 03-28-2011, 07:22 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,065,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasvegas View Post
The moral of the story is that Miami is not for everyone. Although living there was bad for me and for the kind of person I am, others enjoy it and should not be dissuaded from trying it out. Income and age play a major factor. Someone earning $100k plus can have a great life in Miami, especially if they are in a social circle. Miami Beach is like a separate entity altogether. If you have a condo with an ocean view, there's your paradise.

I won't stop posting here completely, but I have no need to complain and no real reason to be here. Over the years, I've said what I had to say. I don't want to sound like a stuck record.

I do wish Miami all the best. The city is a goldmine of potential, but it needs to be more than just an oversized party town and it needs to attract more Fortune 500 companies.

Who knows, I may even go back someday, as a tourist. I'll take taxis though as I swore to myself that I will NEVER drive in Miami again!
I can hear ya on not liking Miami .. it is not for everyone and can be a rough place to live ... but I do not agree with you taking down all of South Florida because you hate Miami ... I have lived in Weston and now Parkland and both are great places to live and as different from Miami as you can get ... recently spent the weekend with my family up in Abacoa , Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens .. awesome places and again very different from Miami .. currently I am on jury duty in Broward County and as I walked around downtown Ft.Lauderdale and later Las Olas for lunch ... everyone was friendly and welcoming ... I was precisely wondering how two cities only 31 miles apart could be so different .. anyhow good luck to you and hope you do well in New Jersey .. me you could not pay me enough to live in "Joisy " ... but to each his own .

Old 03-28-2011, 07:27 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,890,709 times
I'd consider it if I was getting a free ride at princeton, but I mean *consider* it

Old 03-28-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I'd consider it if I was getting a free ride at princeton, but I mean *consider* it
Free Ride at Princeton and throw in Rutgers just for the hell of it and I still would not move to New Jersey ... would rather stay in Florida and go to UF or FSU !!!

Old 03-28-2011, 10:23 PM

932 posts, read 1,174,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
I can hear ya on not liking Miami .. it is not for everyone and can be a rough place to live ... but I do not agree with you taking down all of South Florida because you hate Miami ... I have lived in Weston and now Parkland and both are great places to live and as different from Miami as you can get ... recently spent the weekend with my family up in Abacoa , Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens .. awesome places and again very different from Miami .. currently I am on jury duty in Broward County and as I walked around downtown Ft.Lauderdale and later Las Olas for lunch ... everyone was friendly and welcoming ... I was precisely wondering how two cities only 31 miles apart could be so different .. anyhow good luck to you and hope you do well in New Jersey .. me you could not pay me enough to live in "Joisy " ... but to each his own .
I don't "hate" Miami. Miami was just a bad match for me. Broward is better, but still not my thing. You're right though - Fort Lauderdale and Miami are different worlds. Las Olas is like the grownups Miami Beach - a place you can go and have fun, without the **** factor.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:28 PM

932 posts, read 1,174,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
So the guy gets cheated on by his wife and he blames Miami! What a typical capital "L"!
Hmm, what could that be Rob?

Lemon
Lawmaker
Llama
Lion
Lawyer

Me thinks you need to go back and re-read the original post before jumping to rather ridiculous conclusions.

Cheers

Old 03-29-2011, 12:54 AM

1,978 posts, read 4,397,278 times
Quote:
Hmm, what could that be Rob?

Lemon
Lawmaker
Llama
Lion
Lawyer

Me thinks you need to go back and re-read the original post before jumping to rather ridiculous conclusions.

Cheers

Dude! They're Llamas!!!

Old 03-29-2011, 04:34 AM

Quote:
I don't "hate" Miami. Miami was just a bad match for me. Broward is better, but still not my thing. You're right though - Fort Lauderdale and Miami are different worlds. Las Olas is like the grownups Miami Beach - a place you can go and have fun, without the **** factor.

You do not hate Miami .. but if you go back to some of your long rambling posts ... you pretty much blame all of your ills and those of the world on Miami ... nothing wrong with accepting you despise the place ... I have always said that I would not live there .... but to go for fun on a weekend .. it does have its attraction . By the way Jersey must not be so great .... if we have like what seems hundreds of thousands of Jerseyers in Broward County !!

Good Luck to you and God bless .... hope New Jersey does it for ya

Old 03-29-2011, 04:44 AM

911 posts, read 1,709,659 times
Quote:
Las Olas is like the grownups Miami Beach - a place you can go and have fun, without the **** factor.
Yep, that's exactly where we're moving next and counting the days.

Our 2nd happiest day is the day we arrived in Miami, with the happiest being the day we'll see it in our rear view mirror.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:08 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,890,709 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami