Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 04:24 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,755,076 times

Advertisements

It's time for me to return to Miami. Going back there for a week next month. Still got some buddies in the area - although most are over the party days. I grew up in Miami until I ended up in Chicago, then to University of Iowa, and eventually accepted a job in Des Moines, which allowed me to travel extensively.

Midwest is sooo boring. I miss Miami too much. Last time I really partied in Miami was the 2006 WMC. I like everything about it...but would prefer to live in Brickell. SoBe can be annoying as well, full of touristy cliques speaking something other than English.

I plan to stay at the Four Seasons in Brickell - just for the views. Considering a move there when it gets cold in the midwest again. I've heard Brickell is strictly business, but there's gotta be some sort of nightlife.

How is it in Brickell? I'll be on the lookout for Colombian cougars.

- JONEZ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 05:44 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
I like the nightlife in Brickell, I think it suits me better than MB and FTL. But living in Brickell it is obviously better for me than having to commute somewhere.

I wouldn't say Brickell is strictly business at all, half the dang place is empty, and there are places to eat and drink about everywhere. I do not think there are so over the top clubs blasting, but a couple of notches down from that at the most, and more bar atmosphere places than dance crazy places.

I agree, the midwest is boring beyond belief, I do not see how people live there nor I see why people live like they do there, just boring people.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:34 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Funny, because Miami always seemed as boring as anywhere in the midwest. I have friends in Minnesota, Iowa and Ohio and every time I visited we had more fun than I ever did in Miami.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:48 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
^^^It really depends on who you ask. I have a neighbor that took a great job in Kansas, he loves the job but thinks Kansas ia boring and would rather be back in Miami, LA or nyc.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:32 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Every place is always fun to visit, a lot different than living there.

Different strokes for different folks.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:57 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Funny, because Miami always seemed as boring as anywhere in the midwest. I have friends in Minnesota, Iowa and Ohio and every time I visited we had more fun than I ever did in Miami.
I wish you would move to the midwest with your friends .. your posts are repetitive , tedious and boring .... nothing wrong with criticizing Miami
( I do all the time ) but you are so boring and tiresome it is brain numbing ... I wish you would have stayed away longer . Even other Miami "bashers " like Glasvegas or Cixcell have something to say and provide entertainment and at times insightful stuff ... but you are the same over and over again ...

Old 04-02-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
^^^It really depends on who you ask. I have a neighbor that took a great job in Kansas, he loves the job but thinks Kansas ia boring and would rather be back in Miami, LA or nyc.
Other than Chicago and believe or not Madison , WI which is a great college town ... the mid west is like watching cars rust or the grass grow .. yes people are friendly ... but man it is boring ... take it from a person who has spent time in Indiana , Dayton and Toledo , Ohio and even Detroit . Kansas City other than steak and some good jazz has nothing ... only the Plaza District for entertainment .

Old 04-02-2011, 09:10 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
I've heard a lot of good things about Madison WI from many people that have lived in Miami and moved there.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
I've heard a lot of good things about Madison WI from many people that have lived in Miami and moved there.

It is a terrific little city ... I loved it .

Old 04-02-2011, 10:53 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Actually I have left the south Florida development zone and move inland to the lake Okeechobee area. It is like the midwest in many ways. Instead of insecure Miami attitude few around here care about superficial things. I have not met anyone insecure enough to try and defend this area from criticism. In the country we entertain ourselves, no need for someone else to do it for us. I have been getting friends together for home bowling, and once I get the barn finished it can be year round fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami