Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 07:30 PM

769 posts, read 1,730,065 times

Advertisements

Has anyone else noticed this? It seems that the most professional this city gets is working at McDonald's. There's really little to no corporate culture, as in a large number of the population that is white collar, middle class, commute downtown, etc. like you would expect of pretty much any other city in the country. There are only like 3 actual office buildings downtown, the other 100 are condos... Just an observation.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:34 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,796,320 times
Come on now - Miami has its issues and the work ethic might suck wind but claiming 3 office buildings and the McDonalds drive thru as representative of Miami with Downtown and Brickell is extreme.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:15 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optional Angel View Post
Has anyone else noticed this? It seems that the most professional this city gets is working at McDonald's. There's really little to no corporate culture, as in a large number of the population that is white collar, middle class, commute downtown, etc. like you would expect of pretty much any other city in the country. There are only like 3 actual office buildings downtown, the other 100 are condos... Just an observation.
It is only second in international banking to New York City.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
It is only second in international banking to New York City.
Ok, so there are banks. With a few exceptions, usually of the tellers of any bank I've gone to are wearing casual clothes, talking to co-workers, etc. I have been to banks where the tellers are talking on the phone in the drive-through thingys. Very professional. Ok, so Miami has a lot of international banks. That says nothing about professionalism, just about the number of banks.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:24 PM

221 posts, read 452,953 times
Most employees everywhere aren't too enthused about their jobs and they frequently pass on that frustration and attitude to the customer. You could at least try to make the customers experience pleasant so that they come back. Although, since most people around here are cold, emotionless bastards in public, they prefer the anonymous, production line treatment from employees so it's a vicious cycle.

I just hate going to a fast food restaurant with rude employees, it makes the food end up tasting bad because who knows what they've done/are doing in the kitchen when no one is looking.

One thing I especially notice, especially with small, non-chain stores is that if you go in to "look" around, it's general frowned upon if you leave without buying anything. Which is kinda annoying. Cause hey, at least I walked in and *might* have bought something.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:24 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,471,139 times
Quote:
Actually, it's Burger King town! Yum!

Speaking of which, I've heard that the SoBe Burger King is now like a lounge and serves drinks with your Whoppers. Now whatever else one might think about Miami, one has to admit that some serious coolness.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlueBlue View Post

One thing I especially notice, especially with small, non-chain stores is that if you go in to "look" around, it's general frowned upon if you leave without buying anything. Which is kinda annoying. Cause hey, at least I walked in and *might* have bought something.
Oh, I know exactly what you mean! Many times the store owners have told me "Hey, aren't you going to buy anything?" or something along those lines when I do this. I can see why it would be frustrating, hell, I would be pissed too if people kept walking into my store and didn't buy anything, but at least I would work on getting them to come back and actually buy something, rather than scare them away. Incredible.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:28 PM

221 posts, read 452,953 times
Quote:
Oh, I know exactly what you mean! Many times the store owners have told me "Hey, aren't you going to buy anything?" or something along those lines when I do this. I can see why it would be frustrating, hell, I would be pissed too if people kept walking into my store and didn't buy anything, but at least I would work on getting them to come back and actually buy something, rather than scare them away. Incredible.
Precisely, I hate that kind of attitude from store owners. This is the one thing that is going to make me NOT want to come back to their store. They should focus on being polite, asking if I need help and saying something like "Please come back again" with a smile even if I don't buy anything. Then I'll be much more likely to come back rather than just forget about the store forever or them just giving me a rude stare.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
Actually, it's Burger King town! Yum!

Speaking of which, I've heard that the SoBe Burger King is now like a lounge and serves drinks with your Whoppers. Now whatever else one might think about Miami, one has to admit that some serious coolness.
I'm not really a big fan of Burger King, I very much prefer Wendy's myself. I only used McDonald's as an example out of habit, and it usually tends to be made fun of as a bad place to work, hehe. That does sound pretty cool though. Too bad I can't drink yet. :[

Old 04-03-2011, 08:30 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,471,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlueBlue View Post
Precisely, I hate that kind of attitude from store owners. This is the one thing that is going to make me NOT want to come back to their store.
A quick email to national corporate customer relations offices is the sweetest revenge!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami