Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 03:58 AM

348 posts, read 636,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
Look at me I'm Yuropean!!!! and eveyone in America bows down to me or just hates me for being beautiful. Ignorant yankees... I prefer to go to Colombia, because there, the beautiful women of Baranquilla, treat me like a SUPREME GOD, for I am the Yuropean conquistador. I have 5 women by my side, all of them under-aged for my country's standards. I get the the Yuropean discount for all the cocaine in Bolivia. In Japan I make people feel ugly and insecure about themselves... they are envious of my Yuropeaness.

Tomorrow I'll go back to Moldova... have to get ready to work illegally either in Spain or Italy.
Oh please. Spare me the pity. If Africans or Native Americans had invaded Europe, my ancestors could have been ground into hamburger meat.....or even better, spit roasted.

Although I fully understand the colonial power-race relationships, spare me the "noble helpless savage" imagery.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:03 AM

2,226 posts, read 5,096,947 times
But you don't see them here do you? They are just excepetions. The great majority of Dominicans here are black. And the Cubans co-exist with any race in their country - there everyone is dead poor and the rich are just the same as the poor in terms of race.

-----

Not really, the "New class" (bourgeois disguised as fervent communists) are strictly white, they occupy all the good properties and zones. The only non-whites with some money are artists, singers, etc. Now they want to restore the gates of pre-revolutionary gated communities to keep "the pueblo" out.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson View Post
Well, as a recent-out-the-boat "ref" I have to admit that there are very few benefits of the Castro dictatorship and one of them is that racial inequality is almost non-existent. Almost everybody is dirty poor there; black, mixed, and the whiteys. However, the poorest group tends to be the darker one. But yes, race is not a problem in Cuba except when it comes to relationships, and it comes from everybody, especially the mixed group which makes the majority. However, the race factor in Mexico is unbearable, that’s a system not only limited by economic castes but by race. The whiter you are, the better you are in the food chain.
----

Thomas

I was there 2 months ago. Race is a big problem there. Maybe not a problem among destitute people, but among the so called new class. Segregated Clubs are back (now called Worker's Social Centers), segregated neighborhoods, segregated night clubs, you name it.

Marrying a black or mulatto woman is a shortcut to social and political oblivion. No racial interaction among the "new bourgeoise". Even in cities where 90 percent of the population is black, such as Guantanamo, all managerial positions susceptible of earning hard currency are occupied by whites.

The only mixed couples you find are Italians, Spanish or Canadians with your mulatto or black girl.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
There is no necessity to do that in Cuba. The former caste in south America indirectly forces people to identify themselves as Yuropean - those who can of course.

-----

In Cuba everybody is forced to identify themselves as a Gallego, just like the Comandante en Jefe.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
That is a very informative post. However, Crispy did leave out a few points I'll add. Around the early eighties, the original Miamians who moved here in the 1930's and 40's were still here. By this time, they were all in their 70's and eighties. There were a LOT of these old folks. They all began to die of old age at that time and by the 90's, they were pretty much gone. At the same time, young Americans like myself were discovering Miami and Miami Beach in particular was a bargain basement for a cheap permanent vacation. Young people from all over the USA began arriving in MB and building their own scene. It didn't take long till Hollywood took notice of this (scene and location). Modeling and movies began to boom and the term SoBe was coined. The renovation and restoration began in full roar with Miami Vice and Art Deco preservation and continues to this day.

-----

Well, those Jewish seniors living in South Beach did not die and vanish, they were shoveled out...

And yes, the SW was truffled with many seniors that remained there. Most of Americans in the SW area were seniors. They sold their houses to Cubans for a good price and many went to live to those Senior Cities, Arvida?

Old 04-24-2011, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
heard it from brazilians too.

------

Considering that Sao Paolo received more Italians than NY...

Old 04-24-2011, 04:39 AM

911 posts, read 1,709,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragneel View Post
We're told so many times Cuban's influence is really strong in Miami..How ? Tell me about their influence about business, politics, culture, demographics...etc...I'm interested to know
They have influented me to move out.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:41 AM

Good riddance
LIFO

Old 04-24-2011, 04:52 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,169,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolón View Post
-----

In Cuba everybody is forced to identify themselves as a Gallego, just like the Comandante en Jefe.
Gallego is mostly an Argentinian and Uruguayan thing, although cubans know the word (because of the galicians who moved there) they don't use it. Manolon, I've never heard a Cuban pronouncing the word "Gallego" before.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:56 AM

Oh, yes...
Gallego is a Spanish, Gallego and "Gaito".
Argentineans say "Gashego".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami