Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 06:53 AM

193 posts, read 371,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
When I came here I couldn't eat bread for almost 3 years because it was tasteless.
I always find that Cuban bread tastes like vinegar? I much prefer French bread.

However, I do like the coffee!

I don't think Cubans have run every local government institution for 40 years. Also recognize that Miami has a horrible reputation for government corruption.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:53 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,074,399 times
Quote:
post 197?? there are 75 posts so far
Only 75 posts by Manolon on Cubans "Spanishness " ... I thought I was being conservative by indicating 197 ???

Old 04-24-2011, 07:01 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,074,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
There is something wrong with the timelines some cubans present here. When I came here in the early 90's, there were plenty of established Nicaraguans. I knew many second generations Nicaraguans, many of them lived in what is now Pinecrest I highly doubt Cubans were the only group for 35 years. My understanding is that they have been migrating here since the 70's.

I have lived in South Florida for nearly eighteen years .... yet have been coming down here and have had family ties since the 60's ... I have never known any Nicaraguans to have lived or established roots in Pinecrest ... more like working class Sweetwater but not Pinecrest .. Cubans many have well been the only Hispanic group down here for forty years .... the number of Nicaraguan immigrants was never enough to make a dent in the Cuban power base ... also with a few exceptions most Nicaraguans that came here were working class and indigenous ... or "indios" to the Cubans so they were never treated as equals .... Sweetwater and parts of Flagler Street are the only areas where Nicaraguans had any bearing if I recall ?

Old 04-24-2011, 07:09 AM

911 posts, read 1,712,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Caucasians and African Americans are no saints either in the attitude department. Caucasians, especially those from the NE, are always complaining and making absurd demands. African Americans from Miami, especially from Homestead are not known for their southern hospitality either.
I've never seen Nyer's with tiny coffee cups.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:14 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,191,580 times
If I didn't live in Miami, I would think (by reading this forum) that Cubans are some kind of white supremacist evil emperors who obtain their power conquering and colonizing the less fortunate and defenseless Anglo neighborhoods of Sofla.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:26 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Rock, I lived in Pinecrest when I first moved here, when it wasnt even called Pinecrest. I went to Palmetto middle And to Palmetto senior high school in the early 90's I even had a teacher in Palmetto Middle who was half cuban, half Nicaraguan. There were plenty of 1st and 2nd generation Nicaraguans. Many were recently arrived but some were second generation and from middle class families. What we didn't have were recently arrived Cubans. Apperently they were all in Hialeah and Little Havana. Still our school was mainly white(70%) and then black(20%) so we pretty much knew every Hispanic there since we were a minority(about 10%) I think Palmetto now days ia like 40% white

And there are plenty of Nicaraguans don't look indigenious. Many are working class too Its BS that all white Nicaraguans are rich I know plenty who look like Spaniards(white or olive skin with dark hair) and plenty that have skin tones and features like like Rey Ruiz, Eva Mendez and Steven Bower.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:45 AM

Quote:
If I didn't live in Miami, I would think (by reading this forum) that Cubans are some kind of white supremacist evil emperors who obtain their power conquering and colonizing the less fortunate and defenseless Anglo neighborhoods of Sofla.
Sí, las facciones del "Q,Q,Q".

Old 04-24-2011, 07:46 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,191,580 times
I didn't know spaniards were olive skinned lol. Maybe sport players because of the sun and high payed models and actors who get their tan or are simply Andaluchos.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:09 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Jm? your post is very interesting to say the least! You mioved here from Dallas thinking Miami was paradise until you realized that Miami is not like Dallas where you keep your Hispanics in check! I'm sure it must have been schocking to realize that Cubans and hispanics run the city and are the power structure in everything from politics to business!

That is like me moving to Newark and complaining that there are too many black people!
LOL. I think JM and many other Caucasians and African Americans feel the same way. They think they are moving to a tropical paradise where they will at the beach everyday drinking Margarittas and listening to tacky caribbean cruise music. When they come here they end up in a ghetto where they no longer are considered a majority. It's so easy to keep those Mexicans in check, but Miami Hispanics Not so much.

The solution is easy: Move to Broward or better yet to Montana or South Dakota.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:12 AM

You people in Miami are the biggest bunch of racist I've ever encountered. You live down in this little town and gossip about one another like a bunch of old women. You make fun of people who fly the Confederate flag then fly your own with different colors.

The rest of the US does not normally feel this way unless you live in some backward hole. They recognize we are all here for better or worse and learn to live among each other in harmony. What's wrong with you people?

You guys act like you live in the 18th century. Must be something in the water. Get a Brita filter and a life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami