Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 06:48 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,926,828 times

Advertisements

LL has to gave a minimum amount of notice before entering the property, except for emergencies. Not entirely sure, but I think it is 24 hours. It's State law, so it doesn't matter what the lease says.

I wonder if anyone has had success in sueing for unexpected moving expenses, in a situation where the lease is cut short.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 03:28 AM

911 posts, read 1,709,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaneMan1992 View Post
I wonder if anyone has had success in sueing for unexpected moving expenses, in a situation where the lease is cut short.
We're not going to sue anyone. Living in Miami is hateful enough.

The good news is this is happening in Miami. People don't do what they say they will do and it takes forever to get anything done. The LL is in California which puts him at even more of a disadvantage.

Given the economy here and the mortgage market there may not be many showings anyway, those facts and this hood may keep buyers at bay.

Hopefully the LL will get a greedy realtor who will overprice the house for the neighborhood. I can't imagine someone buying this house who is not an investor. The neighborhood is working class but the price of this house should be very expensive for the neighborhood.

We're ready to go and get out of Miami so anything that would speed that up would be a bonus. Maybe there is a silver lining in all this that's yet to be seen.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:03 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,413,674 times
Jmlacysr you know if this place sells this may not be a bad thing. If the new owner wants to live there you have to move out. You have been wanting to relocate anyways, so if I were you I would do everything possible to help the owner sell his place faster, then you probably will be able to get out of your lease earlier.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:29 AM

Spent two hours on hold and getting transferred and never found out my rights.

Got an email from the Realtor who said he had 4 potential buyers and wanted to show the property.

I fail to see the uptick for me in all this. My time and my inconvenience.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:43 AM
r_k

836 posts, read 2,185,344 times
email the realtor back and suggest time(s) that suit you, even if they are a few days off.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:48 AM

I talk to another Realtor about the laws.

Florida Landlord/Tenant Law Division of Consumer Services, DOACS (http://www.800helpfla.com/landlord_text.html - broken link)

They cannot enter without my permission nor can they put a lockbox on the property without my permission as long as I'm within the terms of my lease.

That's different than in Texas, so at least I feel somewhat in control.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:51 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,258,200 times
if you have kids you can milk it and stay in there practically forever. compare this to vegas where they can throw you out on the street in 36 hrs after your landlord defaults.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
if you have kids you can milk it and stay in there practically forever. compare this to vegas where they can throw you out on the street in 36 hrs after your landlord defaults.

No kids here unless I could pass.

I think I'll request agent present at showing. Even if another Realtor brings someone the listing agent will have to be there. Also, a 24 hour notice and no lock box.

If I could get pre-qualified buyers only that would be nice. Those who have mortgage approval already might cut down on the Looky Lucy's.

1st six months in Miami sucked, now the next six months I'll have strangers walking in my house and looking in my closets. My life in Miami, totally blows.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:04 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,258,200 times
just make sure you have all your guns laid out when they walk through the house to send a message loud and clear that you want everything to stay in it's rightful place.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
just make sure you have all your guns laid out when they walk through the house to send a message loud and clear that you want everything to stay in it's rightful place.
They are out and I put them in a place they can't miss them.

My life has been one big melodrama since the time I first joined city data Miami. I'm blaming all this on the forum now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami