Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2011, 03:49 AM

911 posts, read 1,712,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature.boy View Post
Hey douchebag,
Miami Welcome Kit
Attached Thumbnails
future of miami?-miami_welcome_kit.jpg  

Old 05-10-2011, 04:09 AM

2,226 posts, read 5,106,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Great post. But lets remember the Newer Cuban American immigrants and especially the immigrants from South America that are the problem. Not the older ones. They love America and are grateful to be here because they know what it means to have everything taken away from them and then come to a country as great as the US.

----

After reading the mental diarreah of Nature boy and Lacitos, now I know why the American Government allows the entrance of massive legal and illegal immigration.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Personally I see it as degrading to Latin America to have a "gateway". How about just making Latin America it's own gateway and stop wasting money on Miami? The only thing Miami continues to be a gateway for is money laundering. Otherwise the US and other countries have many ports where goods can flow to our neighbors down south.
_______

And the Lord Jaysuus said...Repent..

Old 05-10-2011, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankVerse View Post
With the recent strength in Latin American economies this does seem like a very positive thing for Miami going forward.

----

Wrong.
Problems in Latin America, large capital flows coming to Miami.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:29 AM

What annoys me are some (not all) people who were born in Miami from Spanish-speaking immigrants who speak absolutely awful Spanish - yet lie and call themselves bilingual. It is almost if they are ashamed to speak it, because their grammar sucks big time, their accent is messed up, and they can barely read or write it. It´s like they rebel against it. Oh, but they are always the first to tell you that they understand a million percent of everything you say (which is not always true - they often miss the nuances). It´s like this love/hate relationship with the language, and the rest of us have to put up with it.

---

Wynwood

That's the main problem that face many employers in Florida, they want to hire bilingual staff but they only find people that speak pidgin Spanish. No wonder there's a growing presence of Anglos that speak Academic Spanish.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:38 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,265,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmlacysr View Post
Reacting to people in the public realm is part of any Miami culture.
true you cant really avoid it. confrontation is daily and a major piece of the workplace. non confrontational people either have to learn to be confrontational or run screaming back to where they came from.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:32 AM

121 posts, read 282,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolón View Post
----

Wrong.
Problems in Latin America, large capital flows coming to Miami.
Major capital flows are flowing to many Latin American countries with strong economies (Brazil, Chile, Colombia).

It doesn't have to be a zero sum game.

But the options exchange as currently proposed for Miami would target DOMESTIC customers.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:58 AM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolón View Post
----

After reading the mental diarreah of Nature boy and Lacitos, now I know why the American Government allows the entrance of massive legal and illegal immigration.
Speaking of mental diarrheah, Manolin, how ARE you today?

Old 05-10-2011, 03:58 PM

888 posts, read 885,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature.boy View Post
Hey douchebag, either assimilate or don't assimilate. Yes, it's that black & white and there are no gray areas in that sense. Obviously, you speak perfect English, but you *choose* not to. You clearly have no respect for this country and you should actually just leave. There are plenty of Spanish speaking countries that you could move to, given your disdain for the English language and for those who do not speak Spanish. There's Argentina, Chile and even Spain itself, all Spanish speaking countries where you can hate Anglos and the English language all your like and no one will bat an eyelid to your gripes, because you'll be in a Spanish speaking country. Your attitude stinks. You are so typical of the arrogant, self-serving Cubans in Miami-Dade. Ask yourself why Cuban-Americans who left Miami are ashamed and disgusted with people like you? I bet you drive like a lunatic too, because you think you "can". I have more respect for Mexicans and other Spanish speakers from other parts of Latin America than arrogant-ass Cubans like you. You are the Hispanic rednecks, only here because of an outdated asylum policy that has allowed all kinds of garbage from Cuba into our country, at the expense of the US taxpayer and at the expense of the United States in general.
I disagree with your ¨logic¨.
The US is a country founded on freedom.
The absolute worst thing you can do in the US, is obey someone who is trying to take your legal freedoms away from you. I believe Religious Freedom was an important aspect of the history of this country. I am merely practicing an offshoot of that - ¨Cultural Freedom¨.

So, to conclude your illogical argument, if I was to assimilate completely into the mainstream non-Hispanic white culture (which has a plethora of fault), I would be giving up my legal freedom to practice my culture (or religion, etc). So, the rational answer would be to do the OPPOSITE of what you suggest. That is, take my idea of ¨America¨"and do what I want with it within legal terms and not allow people like you to take that freedom away from me. Your juvenile meaningless retort (I believe you called me a douchebag) seems like you´re into superficial authoritarian intimidation as some kind of fetish. No thanks, the world has plenty of countries with people just like you, we do not need the US to turn into another one. I hope you don´t plan on running for office. Save yourself the embarrassment.

Therefore, your ¨argument¨ about me not respecting this country is ludicrous. Why you ask? Because, Mr. Bright Light Nature Boy, respect for the country means protecting its freedoms. By doing what you suggest, would be disrespectful to the principles of the US. We need to be fighting for our freedoms, not bowing down to people like you. I bet you would love to implement policies that would control the population to your ¨taste¨.

Finally, I do not plan to leave the US as you have suggested. And regarding your veiled comment making reference to the Mariel Boatlift (and similar), so many Cubans that came over during that time have become financially successful beyond their wildest dreams. Just think if they had listened to you beforehand

Old 05-10-2011, 04:12 PM

911 posts, read 1,712,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynwood View Post

if I was to assimilate completely into the mainstream non-Hispanic white culture (which has a plethora of fault), I would be giving up my legal freedom to practice my culture (or religion, etc).
If we followed your logic, we would still be cannibals. Oh wait, people in Miami are cannibals.

"A mule has a mind of it's own and luckily for it, a very good smart mind. An ox is slow and rather dull at times and needs much goading to get him to do his work. So either could apply depending on what type of stubbornness you are referring to. But most people would say stubborn as a mule."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami