Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 02:26 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,078,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
I'm just speaking from the experience of the new york puerto ricans ive known here. much better work ethic than alot of others i've met. all i know is what i've experienced. i've never claimed to be an expert.
I made a positive statement about a particular culture's work ethic and you're jumping down my throat suggesting its the opposite. maybe your dislike of puerto ricans has clouded YOUR view?
Again, I don't claim to be an expert, I'm just repeating what I've seen from my experience.

Nope I do not dislike Puerto Ricans .. in fact many are wonderful people and many are not ... I just do not agree with the OP and your assertions on their having better work ethic or somehow better citizens than other Hispanics ... they are no better or no worse .... period .

Old 05-10-2011, 02:35 PM

433 posts, read 953,618 times
Is it so difficult to explain? Stop crying people these is Miami for good or for bad. If you guys want to live surrounded by beautiful beaches and girls you need to adapt, learn and survive. Read Charles Darwin “On the Origin of Species" if you have any doubt. I have to learn Portuguese because lately all my company’s clients are from Brazil. ****! These guys are taking over Miami. Do I care? Yes. Can I do something about it? No. What Can I do to make more money? Hell, I’m going to Brazil in July for a 6 month job contract to learn how the hell I can suck more money out of these bastards.

Remember, from time to time is good to have a 3rd world country mentality. Don’t forget what happened to Rome when it went soft. The Germans bent the romans over! The world is flattening and sometimes I wonder if the American youth has what it takes to face the starving kids south of the border. Those starving kids will take your job, your house and your wife if you let them. Oh no, it already happened with the Cubans in Miami.

And what? Will you go to the USA government to protect you? Don’t me laugh! These remind me of a speech that went these way: “there is no west, east, third, first, developed or developing nations, there is only a world of dollars, rubbles , and yens." The federal, state, and local government will dance at the rhythm that best represent the politicians’ interests.

Do you want to live in Miami? Go out there fuc!@ some Cubans, some White crackers, some Haitian, some Colombians, and all the haters, and make it happen. Get the job done and never underestimate anybody. This is the Miami I love, where if you have some unique skills to offer you have the chance to go to your waterfront condo in Brickell with a gorgeous Venezuelan.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
Nope I do not dislike Puerto Ricans .. in fact many are wonderful people and many are not ... I just do not agree with the OP and your assertions on their having better work ethic or somehow better citizens than other Hispanics ... they are no better or no worse .... period .
Puerto Ricans from the mainland, good work ethics? LMAO. Refer to the Census and see how much money NYricans make as an average and you will see their good work ethics.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:44 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,268,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson View Post
Remember, from time to time is good to have a 3rd world country mentality. Don’t forget what happened to Rome when it went soft. The Germans bend the romans over! The world is flattening and sometimes I wonder if the American youth has what it takes to face the starving kids south of the border. Those starving kids will take your job, your house and your wife if you let them. Oh no, it already happened with the Cubans in Miami.
you're already seeing the start of what will happen if that occurs. look at arizona for an example. the racism will ramp up and blood will run in the streets. id like to avoid a scenario where white supremacism goes mainstream.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:53 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,063,350 times
Cixell,

Before you say I hate Puerto Ricans too, I like Puerto Ricans and I do get along better with them than with Cubans but Puerto Ricans are not known for their work ethic. They are the most unsuccessful Hispanic group in America. They tend to have less college degrees and have a lower income. Why? I honestly have no idea but even Domincans do better in the USA. And in case you dont know Cubans are one if not the most successful Latinos in the USA

When you consider that Cubans cannot bring any assets and have to start from zero, you have to give them some credit. Also the other groups like Dominicans have it harder because they are not automatically authorized to work in this country and getting a job or going to school is not as easy for them

Old 05-10-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
you're already seeing the start of what will happen if that occurs. look at arizona for an example. the racism will ramp up and blood will run in the streets. id like to avoid a scenario where white supremacism goes mainstream.
Cixell. What about a scenario where Mexicans run over Texans and people in Arizona. You know, I have spent time in McAllen, TX; a border town, and you do not want to know the harassment that poor white people experienced everyday there. Almost the same sh&*it my fellow Cubans do in Miami to the Americanos. Thats wrong!The good thing is the media is not reporting anything about it. I like to be objective my friend. Did you live in Southern California? How many times were you harassed because you are white. How many times were you called gringo? Or just got into a McDonald and were called Gringo *******? It happened to me and I'm not even a "GringO."

Besides, white supremacist going main stream? Oh boy, you really do not speak Spanish, just turn Univision and you will see Hispanics supremacist. Ah and wait no Hispanics supremacist, Mexican supremacist, you go to work there but if you have a non-Mexican accent forget about jobs at least till your accent fades away. Nothing against the Mexican or in favor of the whiteys, or viceversa but the truth is nobody is innocent my friend. Everybody plays its cards at its convenience.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:12 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,200,080 times
Univision scares the hell out of me... I can't believe such network exists. Telemundo (The Miami one) at least is more open minded and welcomes people of all religions and ethnicities.

White racism? maybe in the 60's... Mexicans are the most racist people in this country.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:26 PM

911 posts, read 1,714,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
White racism? maybe in the 60's... Mexicans are the most racist people in this country.
Miamians are the most racist people in this country.

I say just hate all the races including our own, so nobody feels left out.

Down with whitey, blacky, browny, and yellowy. ( Is yellowy even a word?)

The only race that has it right is purpley and even he's ticked off.
Attached Thumbnails
Let me tell you something about Spanish language in Miami...-barney-dinosaur.jpg  

Old 05-10-2011, 05:55 PM

40 posts, read 50,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
Cixcell ... I am a native New Yorker and I would prefer the native Puerto Ricans over the Nuyoricans in New York .. anyday ... so again you are wrong .. I respect your opinion on Southern California and on tropical vegetation ... not on the above subject matter though .. spend some time in the Bronx or attend the Puerto Rican Pride Parade and then talk to me ... your dislike of Miami and all things related have clouded your judgment and opinion and you support just about all OP comments that you interpret as anti Miami and espousing your views .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmlacysr View Post
Miamians are the most racist people in this country.

I say just hate all the races including our own, so nobody feels left out.

Down with whitey, blacky, browny, and yellowy. ( Is yellowy even a word?)

The only race that has it right is purpley and even he's ticked off.
Hey hobo, you need to get out of our great city and take your miserable negativity with you. You bore me. Hobos don't score here. You gotta take care of yourself to land ***** here and your Camilus House ass just don't cut it here in the 305. You obviously live sucky rather than live fabulous.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:44 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,268,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson View Post
Cixell. What about a scenario where Mexicans run over Texans and people in Arizona. You know, I have spent time in McAllen, TX; a border town, and you do not want to know the harassment that poor white people experienced everyday there. Almost the same sh&*it my fellow Cubans do in Miami to the Americanos. Thats wrong!The good thing is the media is not reporting anything about it. I like to be objective my friend. Did you live in Southern California? How many times were you harassed because you are white. How many times were you called gringo? Or just got into a McDonald and were called Gringo *******? It happened to me and I'm not even a "GringO."
Umm never? dude. if you show the slightest bit of racism there you will be fired immediately. if you show it in front of your friends you will be shunned. there is zero and i mean zero tolerance. i was completely race blind before i came here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami