Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2011, 03:52 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times

Advertisements

Dacra is buying up more property in the Design District with plans of adding luxury fashion tenants, residences and pedestrian traffic
BY ELAINE WALKER AND ANDRES VIGLUCCI

EWALKER@MIAMIHERALD.COM

Over 17 years, developer Craig Robins has nearly single-handedly turned the once-derelict Design District into a trendy destination for high-end home furnishings, art and dining. The missing piece has been the pedestrian traffic needed to create an energetic, 24-hour urban area.

Read more: SoHo south: That’s the Design District plan - Business - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/14/2217425/soho-south-thats-the-design-district.html#ixzz1MPg5r0Nr - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 07:39 AM

911 posts, read 1,713,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post

Over 17 years, developer Craig Robins has nearly single-handedly turned the once-derelict Design District into a trendy destination for high-end home furnishings, art and dining.
Good for him, I hope it works. I've dome some work down there and I like the Design District here. The bad news is that the once-derelict areas around it are still derelict.

We looked at a newly built highrise apt in Midtown once and it rocked. We walked outside and realized it was next door to a homeless shelter.

This place is near the design district. Official Website for Design Place Miami | Apartments for rent in Miami | Miami Beach Condos

Looks great online but the hood is not. The problem is 2nd ave and Miami Ave north of downtown that's the deal killer.

If you're ever up this way check out Art by God on Biscayne. Cool place.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:41 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
In a city with declining incomes only the super-rich will have any money. Once hyperinflation hits the funny money flow will have to stop. Then this can join the long list of other failed Miami ventures.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:56 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,476,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
In a city with declining incomes only the super-rich will have any money. Once hyperinflation hits the funny money flow will have to stop. Then this can join the long list of other failed Miami ventures.
I dunno ... South Beach and Brickell aren't exactly failed ventures ...

Old 05-15-2011, 07:59 AM

911 posts, read 1,713,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Once hyperinflation hits the funny money flow will have to stop. Then this can join the long list of other failed Miami ventures.
Could be Rick, but last time I was over there you wouldn't think that. Sort of had a Mary Brickell village kind of feel to me. Even has a bit of night life. Many of the stores over there are Europeans designers.

North Miami has these tiny pockets of very cool surrounded by very uncool. One block either way sometimes makes a huge difference.

If North Miami is ever going to come back it's going to have to have re-investment. Better their money than mine but nice to find an optimist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami