Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 01:42 PM

275 posts, read 1,471,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
Where you referring to Miami traffic?I have drove around the country. The drivers are the biggest maniacs I have seen here, but the traffic is NOT bad in the Fort Lauderdale area, and if you have not drove in a city like Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, New York, or even Orlando or Birmingham and seen what traffic is like in the American city, this is the only place of it's size and caliber that I have seen where the vast majority of roads are moving at full speed during rush hour. Having cars on the road does NOT mean bad traffic! The last time I got stuck in traffic was in Fort Myers, and I used to do Hollywood to Weston at 5 in the afternoon at the time when that happened. I had a bottleneck at University Drive, big deal, and if there was an accident, I got off and took the turnpike or Griffin Rd. Never took me more than a half an hour. Then again, I rarely venture into Dade...

Anyway, you won't even hit traffic on I-75 coming out of Broward County, but as soon as you enter Miami-Dade, the traffic does turn into hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stat3man View Post
Who knew that Broward is Nirvana? I'm sorry, but I've been involved in many a slow down on 595.
stat3man -- yeah me too.

fort lauderdale -- you are obviously an intelligent guy, but i really don't get this broward has no traffic thing. Weston in and of itself has no traffic to speak of... but 595 is a completely different story. and so is 95 throughout broward. I commuted from weston to Hollywood for 2 Years and constantly avoided 595 because of the traffic. Griffin was really no better, because of all the lights, but at least on Griffin you could get off and go around accidents, construction etc. Thereafter, I commuted to Hollywood from Miami on 95 and the Turnpike. Believe me there is absolutely no magic wand that is waved when you cross the county boundary and you suddenly go from hell to paradise. I really noticed no difference on 95 in the amount of traffic or the agressiveness and rudeness of the drivers.

And yes I know traffic... I've lived in NYC, Philly and the SF bay Area, and spent plenty of time driving in Boston, DC and LA. South Florida is no worse than many others in the amount of traffic, but is, IMHO, the worst in the combination of Traffic and craziness of drivers. Every single day I was driving on 95 in either Dade OR Broward I felt like I was taking my life into my hands...

I have no great hatred of South Florida, in fact on balance I would say I like the area and enjoyed living here (moving to Denver on Thursday). But, the traffic, ignorance and rudeness of drivers in ALL of south Florida is my number one dislike of the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 02:18 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stat3man View Post
Who knew that Broward is Nirvana? I'm sorry, but I've been involved in many a slow down on 595.
I live here, and I had my slowdowns at the University Drive exit at 5 in the afternoon...the mornings are much more inconsistent. Somedays it's backed up from 75 to the turnpike(I got off at Griffin to go to the turnpike, something you can't do in Dade), others its smooth sailing.

Old 08-07-2007, 02:22 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobyLL View Post
Weston in and of itself has no traffic to speak of... but 595 is a completely different story. and so is 95 throughout broward. I commuted from weston to Hollywood for 2 Years and constantly avoided 595 because of the traffic. Griffin was really no better, because of all the lights, but at least on Griffin you could get off and go around accidents, construction etc. Thereafter, I commuted to Hollywood from Miami on 95 and the Turnpike. Believe me there is absolutely no magic wand that is waved when you cross the county boundary and you suddenly go from hell to paradise. I really noticed no difference on 95 in the amount of traffic or the agressiveness and rudeness of the drivers.
1. I noticed no difference in the quality of the drivers either.I actually think Miami is a little better because at least the driving style is fairly consistent. Broward has 4309439034 different types of drivers. The traffic just starts moving north of the Golden Glades. I have never had a traffic problem on I-95 through Broward. I have seen some of the most incredible whackos in existence, but haven't sat in dead traffic for anything more than 5 minutes.

2.When did I say it was paradise? I don't dislike it, so it must be paradise I guess...

3. My #1 dislike of this area is the drivers too.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:54 PM

2 posts, read 4,257 times
Thank you all for your help...I interviewed today and it looks good. The work is in Doral near the airport if that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami