Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 05:32 PM

73 posts, read 119,241 times

Advertisements

Nope. I'm from a far away place where you marry your high school girlfriend. (i'm sure it happens here too, but it's a lot more common in small towns)

You could be as sure as you want to be about this, but it's the truth. You're never going to hear women celebrate how sincere and charming men are in a city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 01:23 AM

1,084 posts, read 3,869,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailyn View Post
lol winterfront

tallrick I think that's harsh and stereotypical. I know/have known plenty of nice guys. they just happen to be married, especially in my age range. I can say the same thing about guys wanting a barely legal girl that's hot rather than your average nice girl. I also see a lot of guys bashing Miami women for being gold diggers but, guess what? TONS of men down here are only after those barely legal extremely hot girls I was talking about AND those that aren't are looking for sex only.

I am being stereotypical too but that's a lot of what I've seen down here and, reading this forum, it makes me mad at how many posts/posters are completely bashing Miami women as if the "majority (as they say)" of the men down here are any better.

I KNOW there are nice guys here. there has to be, I just don't know where they would hang out, etc.
the nice guys stay at home and avoid all the trouble ;-)

Old 07-17-2011, 01:48 AM

1,084 posts, read 3,869,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetic_A View Post
Ranting all up in this tread:

I have not made a 'real' friend since I moved here and a great deal of Cubans look at me like I'm going to rob them. I have been here for almost 11 months...and I have yet to see a change.

I say hello to people and I get crazy looks.

I try to talk to people outside of class and I get straight-up ignored.

Whatever happened to getting to know a person?

I never had issues like this when I lived in Atlanta. I thought a change of scenery would do me good, but all I do now with my time is attend class or surf the net. Back home, I always had something to do, not so much here. Everything around here is centered around partying and spending large amounts of money....

I am a very outgoing and engaging person.....haven't been able to seriously engage anyone here...well except for a robber, but that is another story in itself.

It's very difficult and extremely superficial here as far as dating is concerned. I feel there are a lot of people pretending to be what they'd like to be perceived as, and they do a really great job of putting up appearances and masks in the form of makeup, clothing, even personality. Many women here will pretend to be very generous, altruistic and caring when they're only really interested in a man's financial security.

A lot of people are in a state of denial. They don't realize that they're getting older, they're getting more set in their ways. I came across women that think they should be dating the same type of man they were dating when they were 25, now they're 45 and look it. Check out some of these online dating sites, hell I even tried craigslist. If you're 45 and single, you better be prepared to date a guy 10 years older than you.....unless you look young or you're some kind of fitness model, and you've got the body of a 25-year-old....from what I have noticed anyways. Seeing that most older men want much younger [looking] women.

And for me, being Black has it's disadvantages. Most women around here are looking for a White or Hispanic man...and most of the Black women that I have came into contact with are way too ghetto for my liking...hell half of them don't even like a 4th of the things I like...so yeah. I'm an equal opportunity person when it comes to the women I prefer to date, I could care less about race. Just don't be a slob or an ignorant oaf. Oh, and I'm Agnostic....how many Agnostic Black men do you know?

If you curious about my interests, I will list a few:

I draw and I use digital media as well
I like composing music on rare occasions(but I'm no expert)
I hack old school video games from the nintendo era
I listen to ALL Kinds of music, mostly indie and dubstep. I despise a great deal of rap and current music and I refuse to listen to the radio.
I enjoy cooking, and I do it really well if I do say do myself.
I like fixing computers and other electronics which is why Im attending college pursuing my degree in computer science
I play video games from time to time
I would like to find a workout partner, one that won't tell me he's on the DL and is looking secretly hook up with me....I had that happen once.
I read a wide variety of books, the ones that interest me most are ones dealing with art and science.

I tried meetup but no luck there either. Any word on when us CD people are going to have a get together?

Sorry about the essay...lol

Where are you getting a degree in CS at? GL LOL! Tough degree....

and in regards to all the posts bashing how bad men treat women... well lets just say that its a two way street and ive seen my fair share of men being treated badly by women who like lie, cheat, and steal behind their mans back.... And with that being said.. women are emotional creatures, now im not going to pretend to understand them but from what ive seen and experienced my self whenever i ignore a woman whether it be cause im busy or have no interest they come on to me even harder... meanwhile lets say a girl shows interest and then when you are nice to them and show them interest they put you on the back burner and take advantage of you.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:06 AM

888 posts, read 886,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Okay the guys down here always speak about the "women of Miami" candidly, so I will tell you whats what with the men of Miami. I'm in my my 20s, a student and work full-time in Miami Beach.

There is a higher rate of chauvanists down here. Educated, english speaking men from Miami are very feminine, would seem gay in other parts of the country. The few that are not this way, are already married or from other parts of the country and are usually already involved with someone.

Most people/men down here are extremely uneducated/ignorant/classless and even somewhat ghetto- I don't even consider those types dateable, so there is no need to include them in this.

Theres about 3 women to every 1 man in Miami Beach.

They don't try to be chivalrous, I have even heard men in Miami Beach saying "I don't approch women, I let them approh me"

I have given up on dating down here, and I'm finally leaving this year. Can't wait.
Funny post - first of all being in your 20s just means that you've spent the majority of your life as a child and a small percentage as an adult. Let's say 22 is considered an adult, if you are 29, you have only spent 24% of your life as an adult. So I take your opinions with a grain of salt.

Re: Miami educated English speaking men seem "gay" to you (maybe they are gay).... I guess you want an educated English speaking guy who does not act "gay", a reasonable conclusion, but you gave no details - only subjective vagueness. In Miami there are so many straight acting macho guys that are gay (it's a Latin thing) - and so many gay guys that are married. My GF has 2 friends who have had to divorce their hubbies for being gay. That's not cool at all.

You say all of the "un-gayish" or "non-gayish" guys are taken. Well... what do you expect? That we are all going to wait around for you????

The truth is that it is way EASIER to get a girl if you already have one - so no girl should expect a guy to not have someone, at the very least as a Fw/B. What are guys supposed to do? Most of us want to get laid regularly. The easiest way to do that is to have 1 or more GFs. So, why expect someone who is a "catch" to be single? My GF totally gets this logic.

Then you say most men are uneducated, ignorant, and classless - but this opinion is coming from someone who has more experience behaving like a child. I doubt you are so brilliant to figure out all the answers since you are mostly a child. Most of my guy friends are in fact quite intelligent and articulate (they don't seem to be acting gayish, but then again you did not give details). Of course they all have GFs!!!! They know how easy it is to meet other girls when they are already taken.

Then there are the Miami women who LOVE to only sleep with married guys. I know a hot Colombian girl and 2 hot Cuban girls who only sleep with married men.

And the final comment about letting women approach you. Well, I am one of those guys, I often (not always) let the women make it obvious that they are interested, that is how I met my GF. I definitely did not approach her. What the **** is wrong with that? You make it sound like it is a bad thing.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:23 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,266,706 times
and this is why we have hiv rates on par with subsaharan africa

Old 07-17-2011, 10:07 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailyn View Post
OK, so I've been living here forever and I have yet to find a place where decent guys hang out. I've dated but nothing serious since the guys aren't into real relationships. I like going to clubs but it's just for dancing. None of the men I've met there are looking for anything other than sex (and please understand I've lived here for YEARS so I know what I'm talking about)

I love books and hang out a lot at Barnes & Nobles (like at least 2 a month) and all I see are families, college students studying or old people. I'm 34 but I've always looked way younger and everyone thinks I'm 25 (no joke but it's usually because I'm petite lol) but I'm not looking for anyone under 35 as I have no interest in younger guys (which are the ones that hit on me the most because of the age I look like, it's rather frustrating)

I don't like sports and the few guys that I've met that do like sports (the official teams down here) are practically obsessed with it. Then there's the fact that I would like to meet a nice guy that takes care of himself. Someone that doesn't think looking nice isn't gay (I swear it's like men think looking like overgrown children is cute)

Are there ANY single men 35-40 that aren't married or dysfunctional down here??? I support myself (decent job, no big deal type of thing) so I figure the guy (and really by this age he should too) should have a decent job (not flipping burgers at McDonals which would be really weird at that age) and takes care of himself (I'm NOT suggesting he has to look like a model FYI, just not sloppy)

I wish I could move to another city where there are always things going on that aren't for the rich or the guys my age looking for 20 year olds lol.

Kinda hopeless isn't it?
You drive to Broward !!!

Old 07-17-2011, 03:59 PM

73 posts, read 119,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
and this is why we have hiv rates on par with subsaharan africa
Wasn't it Broward that had the highest HIV rate along with New York City? HIV rates in the US just show how successful health organizations are in getting people tested.

Old 07-17-2011, 04:05 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,266,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeee View Post
Wasn't it Broward that had the highest HIV rate along with New York City? HIV rates in the US just show how successful health organizations are in getting people tested.
not according to a number of articles i just googled now

Highest Rates of HIV/AIDS in Miami and New Orleans | Essence.com

HIV Rate Increases in Florida as AIDS-Related Deaths Decline - Miami News - Riptide 2.0

Miami, Florida ranks as city with highest HIV/AIDS rates in the USA; time to re-think AIDS - Miami Holistic Health | Examiner.com

quoted from one of the articles:

In Miami-Dade the number are ever more grim:
  • 1 in every 60 non-Hispanic white men.
  • 1 in every 98 Hispanic men.
  • 1 in every 29 African-American men.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:32 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,475,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Okay the guys down here always speak about the "women of Miami" candidly, so I will tell you whats what with the men of Miami. I'm in my my 20s, a student and work full-time in Miami Beach.

There is a higher rate of chauvanists down here. Educated, english speaking men from Miami are very feminine, would seem gay in other parts of the country. The few that are not this way, are already married or from other parts of the country and are usually already involved with someone.

Most people/men down here are extremely uneducated/ignorant/classless and even somewhat ghetto- I don't even consider those types dateable, so there is no need to include them in this.

Theres about 3 women to every 1 man in Miami Beach.

They don't try to be chivalrous, I have even heard men in Miami Beach saying "I don't approch women, I let them approh me"

I have given up on dating down here, and I'm finally leaving this year. Can't wait.
I love your posts Pear. You're a real doll.

Personally, I found that being one of those few nice not gay guys in Miami did pay off in the dating game. It makes one a uniquely interesting character I think. Occasionally leaves a typical Miami girl a bit confused though.

I am afraid to say you're going from one dating quagmire to another. From the buck wild to the extremely uptight.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:28 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,319,465 times
Quote:
where to meet nice guys in Miami????
At the airport, specifically the area with outgoing flights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami