Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 06:35 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
Wow I guess Minneapolis really sucks ???
I'm not in Minneapolis... never been there. But it looks cool to have my location set as is.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:57 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
I'm not in Minneapolis... never been there. But it looks cool to have my location set as is.

Oh ... ok ... yes that makes sense .. I will change my location to Grand Rapids , Michigan as that sounds cool ....

Old 08-31-2011, 06:57 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,267,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
also known as the arctic. ive been there twice for work. once on january 2nd and once during the summer. they can have a very very short period they call summer. talked to one guy up there who said one year it only lasted a month.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:04 AM

Quote:
cixcell ... don't you ever get tired of the same routine and tired argument ... I went back as far as 2007 and you have never stopped posting about how miserable you are in Miami , how it has changed you , jaded you , etc , etc .... when you want to post positive stuff you can really come across as a sharp guy and I enjoy your posts ... but you still frequently revert to your old self and you come off as a whiny little ***** .. it does you no justice ...... just sayin !!!
get used to it. that will never change. for all the things i do enjoy here there will always be a little part of me that is miserable. part of that is miami but part is just the way the country is right now with the economy. i look at friends my age all over the country and theyre even more miserable because they have kids or a mortgage theyre upside down on or desperate to find work. life isnt a bowl full of cherries, particularly now but i still admit i have a better deal than alot of my friends. the economy is doing real harm to generation x. they will be the most bitter generation for some time to come. maybe the millenials will become more bitter when they have to move out of their parents and go from living in relative luxury to discovering the country is utterly ruined. many members of generation x i see developing a depression-style mindset like i saw in my grandfather. honestly though i dont care what people think. i dont seek anyones approval for who i am.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Oh ... ok ... yes that makes sense .. I will change my location to Grand Rapids , Michigan as that sounds cool ....
There shouldn't be any problem with that

gee...

Old 08-31-2011, 08:10 AM

Miami feeds in my misery.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:41 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
get used to it. that will never change. for all the things i do enjoy here there will always be a little part of me that is miserable. part of that is miami but part is just the way the country is right now with the economy. i look at friends my age all over the country and theyre even more miserable because they have kids or a mortgage theyre upside down on or desperate to find work. life isnt a bowl full of cherries, particularly now but i still admit i have a better deal than alot of my friends. the economy is doing real harm to generation x. they will be the most bitter generation for some time to come. maybe the millenials will become more bitter when they have to move out of their parents and go from living in relative luxury to discovering the country is utterly ruined. many members of generation x i see developing a depression-style mindset like i saw in my grandfather. honestly though i dont care what people think. i dont seek anyones approval for who i am.

I said it before Cixell you are negative by nature, Miami didn't make you like this.

Cixell if you are so paranoic(you are like the apprentice of Tallrick) why don't you just a cheap property cash, save can goods for the rest of your lifetime? buy some gold and bury it in your yard. Or you can buy this:

Costco - Shelf Reliance® THRIVE

Old 08-31-2011, 10:11 AM

309 posts, read 619,550 times
well, yes, of course one's surroundings will affect some changes in daily habits, lifestyle, customs, and cultural stuff - but that's just exterior stuff about a person - that doesn't change the core of who they are.

if a person's core personality changes with their locale, they don't have a strong sense of self to begin with..... any wind will blow them a different way. that's a personal psychological issue -- it has nothing to do with whatever place they happen to live in.

If i'm THAT unhappy somewhere you can BET i'ma leave it long before I allow my surroundings to upset my psychological balance. if it's THAT bad then why stay? humans have choice ..... sh** or get off the pot. either move away, or if you choose to stay, then stop complaining.

i honestly think that ppl who believe "miami" - specifically - is such a specifically miserable place, aren't well-traveled, haven't lived many places, haven't lived/worked outside the USA, nor fully assimilated into any other cultures aside from what they grew up with... and that remains their stalwart "barometer" for everything in life. Cause those who have, know that "miami" itself just isn't the big bad culprit it's made out to be.... it's unique, of course, for its' own special vibes and mixed-up-blended culture ... but it's really nothing special, better or worse, in the 'misery' department on the relative scale of other world cities.

then again maybe people here speak in hyperbole, or just write extra-acerbically to make a point..... i dunno

Last edited by catt6; 08-31-2011 at 10:29 AM..

Old 08-31-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post

I said it before Cixell you are negative by nature, Miami didn't make you like this.

Cixell if you are so paranoic(you are like the apprentice of Tallrick) why don't you just a cheap property cash, save can goods for the rest of your lifetime? buy some gold and bury it in your yard. Or you can buy this:

Costco - Shelf Reliance® THRIVE
since youre going to go down this path - talk to any of my friends or family in california. we've changed by living here. we've become alot more angry and bitter. they dont understand it but they just accept it. they sort of wonder why we stay. we're not the only ones saying bad things about miami. still its the best place to be due to lack of competition in a highly unskilled workforce. plus corporate is a west coast company so they can relate to me unlike if they hired someone locally. theyre actually scared to hire locally. its been one disaster after another.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catt6 View Post
well, yes, of course one's surroundings will affect some changes in daily habits, lifestyle, customs, and cultural stuff - but that's just exterior stuff about a person - that doesn't change the core of who they are.

if a person's core personality changes with their locale, they don't have a strong sense of self to begin with..... any wind will blow them a different way. that's a personal psychological issue -- it has nothing to do with whatever place they happen to live in.

i honestly think that ppl who think "miami" - specifically - is at fault for 'their' mood, and think it's such a specifically miserable place, aren't well-traveled, haven't lived many places, haven't lived/worked outside the USA or assimilated into any other cultures, for any length of time.... cause if they did they'd know that "miami" itself just isn't the big bad culprit it's made out to be.... it's just what it is ... and it's really nothing special in the misery department on the relative scale of other world cities.

then again maybe people here speak in hyperbole, or just write extra-acerbically to make points.....
actually the core of a person CAN change if the environment is harsh enough. its like someone going to war. that can radically change a person.
you can see it within 6 months of anyone moving here. the longer they stay the more bitter and mean they become. its defensive. thats just how it is. i can deal with it, ive just acquired a sort of dennis leary cynicism about my personality. ive seen too many people radically radically change here to believe the core of a person cannot be changed. it can under difficult circumstances.

as you saw from the demographic image i posted. americans are voting with their feet out of here. thats really all that needs to be said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami