Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 11:05 AM

420 posts, read 823,554 times

Advertisements

Just want to say that coming from Long Island, the drivers in Miami are not out of the ordinary and I've seen crazier driving in NY.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:37 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,266,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
or did until Governor Voldemort started his pogrom.

AHAHAHAHA!!!!! fell out of my f------ chair

Old 06-24-2011, 07:10 PM

932 posts, read 1,177,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheHellMan View Post
Just want to say that coming from Long Island, the drivers in Miami are not out of the ordinary and I've seen crazier driving in NY.

Absolutely WRONG, next?

Old 06-24-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
can you ever return to the person you were before you moved here?

Cixcell, I have to applaud you again for being one of the true 'voices of reason" on this forum, sames goes for Chelito. I left MeAme over 4 months ago and have never been happier. Yes, it took me a while to decompress and adjust, but not even Philadelphia, for all its bad press seems anywhere near as bad as the obnoxious a**holes that I'd encounter in Miami every single damn day.

Driving in Miami alone has probably shaved several years off my overall lifespan, thank you 305! Thankfully though, I won't be cremated in Miami when I die, even if it's 10 years earlier than I would have died had I never have lived in your awful city.
About the only good thing Miami did to me was to toughen me up and make me generally more badass and less prone to being ripped off or scammed.

As long as I am living and breathing, I will continue to tell the truth about Miami; it's perils and pitfalls. Of course, nothing I will say will prevent countless people from being suckered in and taken for mugs by the palm trees, sunshine and the allure of the Latin culture there, which at first glance (and I say "first glance" very meaningfully) seems more interesting and exciting than mainstream US culture, until you you realize that the Cubans in Miami are basically just Spanish speaking rednecks, just as racist, just as ignorant and just as insular as Billy Bob from Tennessee or Peggy Sue from Texas.

I will say this, as foul and evil an experience as it was, living in Miami made me appreciate normalcy, peace and orthodoxy a whole lot more. I now live in a not so great part of Philly, yet I can get a good night's sleep for less rent than I was paying in Miami. I can go to the local, privately owned grocery store just down the block from here and buy Florida oranges in better condition and for less than I paid for them in Publix! I can also sit and enjoy a bit of bathroom time without hearing "ey bro" Miami degenerates talk about taking a ****, f***king some ho and I can be around fellow guys in their early 30's who don't think that the only form of entertainment is hittin' da club or driving on 826 at 110 mph, drunk.

Miami, I do not miss one single aspect of you at all, sorry. I don't miss your overly macho, disgusting pigs of men that made me so ashamed to be male for a while that I contemplated cutting off my balls and I don't miss the overly prissy, intellectually vapid women who, if I were stuck on a desert island with and were told that the only way the human race would survive is if I impregnated them, I would have also cut off my c*ck n' balls.

Some of you bash cixcell, but the guy speaks the truth. This is a forum in which people come for honest opinions. Anyone considering moving to Miami should read and re-read both cixcell and Chelito's posts.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:55 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasvegas View Post
Cixcell, I have to applaud you again for being one of the true 'voices of reason" on this forum, sames goes for Chelito.

Some of you bash cixcell, but the guy speaks the truth. This is a forum in which people come for honest opinions. Anyone considering moving to Miami should read and re-read both cixcell and Chelito's posts.
I'm chopped liver.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:02 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
This is perhaps one of the best posts I have seen here in a long time .. I log into the Miami forum less and less as its negativity wears on you ... even the Broward forum is much better on the mental health .

I concur, most of the post are of lunacy, people not doing there homework, instead making the capricious endeavors without a clue when they make their move to Miami or not making adjustments to the environment around them.

You are who you are and people will treat you the same way you treat them.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
I concur, most of the post are of lunacy, people not doing there homework, instead making the capricious endeavors without a clue when they make their move to Miami or not making adjustments to the environment around them.

You are who you are and people will treat you the same way they treat you.
LMAO, sure. Keep believing that, considering where you live. You people crack me up! In denial or just plain naive, which is it sir, because people come to forums like this for real advice.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:47 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post

You are who you are and people will treat you the same way you treat them.
Sorry perry but no, not in Miami. I was very nice to people when I first moved there, had a smile for them, tried my best, was considerate and courteous and I did NOT get the same in return 99% of the time.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:53 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,492,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasvegas View Post
Cixcell, I have to applaud you again for being one of the true 'voices of reason" on this forum, sames goes for Chelito. I left MeAme over 4 months ago and have never been happier. Yes, it took me a while to decompress and adjust, but not even Philadelphia, for all its bad press seems anywhere near as bad as the obnoxious a**holes that I'd encounter in Miami every single damn day.

Driving in Miami alone has probably shaved several years off my overall lifespan, thank you 305! Thankfully though, I won't be cremated in Miami when I die, even if it's 10 years earlier than I would have died had I never have lived in your awful city.
About the only good thing Miami did to me was to toughen me up and make me generally more badass and less prone to being ripped off or scammed.

As long as I am living and breathing, I will continue to tell the truth about Miami; it's perils and pitfalls. Of course, nothing I will say will prevent countless people from being suckered in and taken for mugs by the palm trees, sunshine and the allure of the Latin culture there, which at first glance (and I say "first glance" very meaningfully) seems more interesting and exciting than mainstream US culture, until you you realize that the Cubans in Miami are basically just Spanish speaking rednecks, just as racist, just as ignorant and just as insular as Billy Bob from Tennessee or Peggy Sue from Texas.

I will say this, as foul and evil an experience as it was, living in Miami made me appreciate normalcy, peace and orthodoxy a whole lot more. I now live in a not so great part of Philly, yet I can get a good night's sleep for less rent than I was paying in Miami. I can go to the local, privately owned grocery store just down the block from here and buy Florida oranges in better condition and for less than I paid for them in Publix! I can also sit and enjoy a bit of bathroom time without hearing "ey bro" Miami degenerates talk about taking a ****, f***king some ho and I can be around fellow guys in their early 30's who don't think that the only form of entertainment is hittin' da club or driving on 826 at 110 mph, drunk.

Miami, I do not miss one single aspect of you at all, sorry. I don't miss your overly macho, disgusting pigs of men that made me so ashamed to be male for a while that I contemplated cutting off my balls and I don't miss the overly prissy, intellectually vapid women who, if I were stuck on a desert island with and were told that the only way the human race would survive is if I impregnated them, I would have also cut off my c*ck n' balls.
Damn .

That is some extreme stuff Glasvegas, but very true. The only thing i'll miss when i'm gone is the Latin food.

16 years i've been living here and i've never stepped inside a club (I'm 23 years old by the way) and i'll never will. It's just not my style. I'm more of a family-oriented type of guy, if i want to party i'll call some friends and family members.

I'm a laid back type of guy, not into the crazy lifestyle the people in my age live.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:16 AM

73 posts, read 119,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post

This is my drive to work every morning. No one honks or makes obscene gestures:

http://www.talgov.com/planning/image...terville24.jpg

After living here for 24 years, there's no freakin' way I could ever live in south Florida, let alone Miami.
I'm from outside of Lawrence, KS and went to college in Columbia, MO. There's no freaking way I could ever live in a small town ever again.
You need to understand that everybody isn't looking for that. I've always known I needed the hustle and bustle of a large city. I just can't fathom living in a small college town anywhere, especially Tallahassee. I rushed out to St. Louis after college and enjoyed the hell out of it, but even St. Louis couldn't cut it for me. I'm a much happier person in a large city like Miami than some small town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami