Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 12:45 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,258,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 122014471311 View Post
Did not know that. Thank you! Although now that I know you've been spitting around there...

its like right next to the sonic practically
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 02:13 PM

389 posts, read 1,081,365 times
Quote:
Not to hijack the whole discussion from Miami to SoCal, but what I really miss is Tommy's. Why can't they go national, or at least come to Miami?

Never heard of Tommy's but saw this on their website:

"FUTURE PLANS

Tommy’s future will undoubtedly revolve around the original philosophy: Maintain quality at all costs. Since this quality control may not be possible with franchising, it is unlikely Tommy’s will sell licenses. A controlled expansion through a well-paced program of selected locations in California, Nevada and Arizona is likely.
Many fans have expressed desire in having Tommy’s in their area. Hopefully, such desire can be fulfilled in the future – but never by sacrificing the high standards of quality, value and service characteristic of the Original Tommy’s World Famous Hamburgers."

Apparently they like White Castle are not a franchise.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:21 PM

17 posts, read 41,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboUSMC17 View Post
Never heard of Tommy's but saw this on their website:

"FUTURE PLANS

Tommy’s future will undoubtedly revolve around the original philosophy: Maintain quality at all costs. Since this quality control may not be possible with franchising, it is unlikely Tommy’s will sell licenses. A controlled expansion through a well-paced program of selected locations in California, Nevada and Arizona is likely.
Many fans have expressed desire in having Tommy’s in their area. Hopefully, such desire can be fulfilled in the future – but never by sacrificing the high standards of quality, value and service characteristic of the Original Tommy’s World Famous Hamburgers."

Apparently they like White Castle are not a franchise.
Thank you! If you're ever in L.A. and the idea of a chili-and-cheese hotdog, burger, or fries appeals to you in general, then definitely check them out. They do them better than anyone.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:23 PM

I was always a fan of Fatburger

Old 07-20-2011, 03:19 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,890,625 times
I'm one of Cracker Barrel's fans. It's more about atmosphere than food though. I always feel like I'm on vacation when we go, even if it's just to the one in Homestead or Pembroke Pines. I don't know what it is actually, but it feels good to go there.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:44 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,888,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valicky View Post
We used to have a Hardees in the shopping center on Kendall and 107th. I think I remember it being just like McD's ad BK. Wasn't Jack in the Box the one that had some food poisoning problem or E coli? I remember something about that some years ago. Has anyone tried the new burger place in Town and Country on Kendall and 117th or Palms shopping center - whatever it's called now?
I think you're talking about CG burgers in Town n Country,I ate there once and thought it was good,overpriced but good as they don't have combos and everything is priced separately.If you just want a regular burger with fries and a soda they got you for close to $11.I ate the California burger that comes with avocado,tomatoes and sprouts and I added goat cheese for .50,I did omit the sprouts.They also have sweet potato fries,zuchinni fries and onion rings which range from $3-$4.50.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
I'm one of Cracker Barrel's fans. It's more about atmosphere than food though. I always feel like I'm on vacation when we go, even if it's just to the one in Homestead or Pembroke Pines. I don't know what it is actually, but it feels good to go there.
i like the food too. we dont have many places that serve that type of food here.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:35 AM

253 posts, read 433,046 times
Quote:
I can't find a dependable entree. I think that's my beef with Cracker Barrel. I like the veggies, and the turkey and dressing is excellent but it's served only once per week. If they put that on the regular menu I'd have no problem with the place. It's hit and miss every time I try the roast beef or meat loaf. Cracker Barrel can serve cold, or covered in fat, like no one else.

Besides, nowadays it's a fight to make them part with the buttermilk biscuits or cornbread. Previously they'd dump it on the table immediately. That stuff must be rising in value like oil or gold because we've had experiences recently where we've asked for it and they find excuses not to deliver.

Okay, I'll spill another annoyance with Cracker Barrel. They shouldn't be featuring Gator and Seminole merchandise in the Miami area. That burns me beyond description. If you visit their stores in northern or central Florida there isn't a fleck of Canes gear, or if so it's maybe one, and size extra small. But in this area they'll often have Gator clothing front and center, and plenty of it. This was true even when the Canes were dominating about a decade ago.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:43 AM

253 posts, read 433,046 times
Quote:
Thank you! If you're ever in L.A. and the idea of a chili-and-cheese hotdog, burger, or fries appeals to you in general, then definitely check them out. They do them better than anyone.
Tommy's is terrific. I was a post midnight regular at the original on Beverly and Rampart throughout college, dominating two double burgers while leaning against the white wall.

The taste stays with you literally for days.

My roommates who introduced me to In N Out were forgiven days later when we drove to Tommy's.

Tommy's has branched into Las Vegas recently, or more specifically to Henderson. But during my spring trip I wanted to visit a Tommy's in California so I drove to the nearest option, in Barstow of all places. Perhaps not cost effective, but memorable.

Fatburger is also excellent, as someone mentioned. I love the shredded lettuce overflowing from that burger. It seemed like Fatburger would be the next great thing in the '90s but somehow it idled and now 5 Guys is surging.

Old 07-21-2011, 02:52 AM

73 posts, read 119,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post

Okay, I'll spill another annoyance with Cracker Barrel. They shouldn't be featuring Gator and Seminole merchandise in the Miami area. That burns me beyond description. If you visit their stores in northern or central Florida there isn't a fleck of Canes gear, or if so it's maybe one, and size extra small. But in this area they'll often have Gator clothing front and center, and plenty of it. This was true even when the Canes were dominating about a decade ago.
The college fan base in Miami is just more crowded than in the rest of the state. While I think the Canes have the biggest following, the Gators and Seminoles both also have a huge alumni base and following.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami