Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2011, 06:14 PM

95 posts, read 160,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
I agree with your post ... good one but remember this is the Miami forum and I would suspect many people who live in many areas of Broward , Palm Beach or Martin Counties would be like fish out of water in Miami Dade .... I lived in Weston and now in Parkland and I feel like I am in a different state when I get home after having flown into and driving from Miami International Airport .. other places like Stuart , Jupiter or Juno Beach feel like another world . I suspect you lived in Palm Beach County most of your 27 years down here ?
No offence, but that's because the rest of Florida is quite boring. I enjoy Miami's chaos. It's the most urban city in Florida and the only true big city with a big city feel.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:23 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catt6 View Post
funny, i sold my house in the Rocky Mountains, gorgeous as it was up there - cause i looked around one day at what i thought were senior citizens and found out they were all only in their 40's and 50's. .
That's why you sold your home? Wouldn't it have been easier to buy a good moisturizer?

Have you seen what the sun in FL does to people?
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...6JQeXOzOhR6it1

Old 08-16-2011, 06:53 PM

309 posts, read 619,458 times
Quote:
That's why you sold your home? Wouldn't it have been easier to buy a good moisturizer?
LOL - not "solely" - but along with several other issues/criteria it did have a large part to do with moving back to the east coast after being out there for a number of years... i did adore the lifestyle there - but i grew up by the ocean, then spent several years living in Cancun, then another 10 living in Hawaii and Okinawa - and never realized how much i NEED that climate, until I missed it; over time it became paramount. Not just for the 'weather' per se, but for the entire atmosphere of beachy living.... Mountains were indeed wonderful for a time, but not where i want to live permanently. For me it's gotta be by the sea by the sea by the beautiful sea....

and i didn't WANT to have to soak myself in Bag Balm or Vaseline .... that was kinda the whole point..... no cream or lotion was cuttin' it. they just can't do what natural humidity and sea air does for the skin & hair.

and yes, am well aware of what too much sun exposure can do (woofwoof!) from those years of living on islands!

Last edited by catt6; 08-16-2011 at 07:02 PM..

Old 08-16-2011, 08:17 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,075,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBIRDS View Post
No offence, but that's because the rest of Florida is quite boring. I enjoy Miami's chaos. It's the most urban city in Florida and the only true big city with a big city feel.
None taken ... I prefer safety and serenity over mayhem and chaos ... also not sure if you have been to Tampa lately or Orlando but those are relatively large cities with ghetto I mean urban feel to them as well .

Old 08-17-2011, 12:11 AM

433 posts, read 953,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
None taken ... I prefer safety and serenity over mayhem and chaos ... also not sure if you have been to Tampa lately or Orlando but those are relatively large cities with ghetto I mean urban feel to them as well .
Hell yeah, Orlando, a city that Im visiting alot lately, is so overrated. Tell me, whats good about a city full of white trash, ghetto, and low life people. I used to bash Miami nightlife but I take a silicone Colombian girl, a typical Brickell stereotype, over a White trashy girl from Central Florida. Meah !

Old 08-17-2011, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson View Post
Hell yeah, Orlando, a city that Im visiting alot lately, is so overrated. Tell me, whats good about a city full of white trash, ghetto, and low life people. I used to bash Miami nightlife but I take a silicone Colombian girl, a typical Brickell stereotype, over a White trashy girl from Central Florida. Meah !

Did not say ..Orlando was better than Miami .. just that it is just as ghetto ... I mean "urban " ... take out the white trash and you seem to be describing many in Miami ... also your post is very profound and has a high intelligence quotient ... please continue with the insight .

Old 08-17-2011, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson View Post

By the way if Orlando is so overrated and full of lowlifes .. why are you "visiting " so much ?

I like Colombian silicone girls as much as the next guy ... but I still think Miami is no better on the pecking order or evolutionary scale than Orlando .

Old 08-17-2011, 03:25 PM

26 posts, read 51,587 times
The OP reads "List your reasons why you want to move out or already moved out of South Florida" , so I am curious about why if you like South Florida, Miami specifically, so many people come to comment and criticize us for not liking Miami and wanting to leave, anybody??? anybody??? Bueller?? If you live in South Florida and you like it and have no intentions on leaving, what are you doing on this thread??? I certainly would never go into a thread that reads " I love Miami" or " List your reasons why you'll stay in Miami forever" or "South Florida is the best", so please respect our opinions and dont try to convince us that South Florida is the place to be, or that is just our attitude, or that high unemployment, rudeness, stupid drivers, and ignorant and superficial people is just part of our imagination... its not going to happen. Obama has a better chance of joining the KKK than hundreds of people posting their very real negative experiences in Miami changing their mind.

Last edited by Outofhere77; 08-17-2011 at 03:29 PM.. Reason: font

Old 08-17-2011, 03:33 PM

140 posts, read 269,007 times
^^^

If you expect your opinions to go unchallenged, maybe you shouldn't post in forums in the first place.

And again, I posted in this thread because I left Miami. I also listed my reasons for leaving. Does that qualify me to write this?

Old 08-17-2011, 04:04 PM

87 posts, read 136,529 times
The OP has a point; if more people stayed on topic, there would be no issues. Respect everyone's differences and opinions regardless of whether you agree or disagree.

People who come in these threads to "challenge" the opinion of the OP and people who share similar views are just looking to argue...simply said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami