Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 03:49 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,266,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptoid Humidian View Post
As bad as she might have been, that is one of the few good quotes she produced! So, re-upping you with +2
its funny. when i first read atlas shrugged i followed it up with legacy of luna a book about a hippie girl who saves a tree by living in it. polar opposites.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:55 PM

140 posts, read 269,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
its funny. when i first read atlas shrugged i followed it up with legacy of luna a book about a hippie girl who saves a tree by living in it. polar opposites.
Funny, but not surprising. You probably needed an antidote after so much venom

Old 08-26-2011, 01:36 PM

16 posts, read 57,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC809 View Post
I dislike it here for many of the same reasons. I am moving to San Francisco hopefully soon.
Moving to San Francisco!? HA! I live here and HATE IT ALOT Cant wait till i move TO MIAMI!!! Bay Area is worse id recommend South California at least! Bay Area sucks...

Old 08-26-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarPlanet View Post
Moving to San Francisco!? HA! I live here and HATE IT ALOT Cant wait till i move TO MIAMI!!! Bay Area is worse id recommend South California at least! Bay Area sucks...
what do you dislike about the bay area and where are you from originally?

Old 08-26-2011, 02:18 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
I do not like SF, too cold.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:57 PM

410 posts, read 833,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
True, I lived in a ghetto studio in Miami. Now, for the same amount of money, I am renting a two bedroom house, in a nice area. Quality of life...for me anyway..
Yeah, I don't know how normal working people can afford to live here. I would say don't come here unless you make at LEAST 50K. You might be able to get by....

Old 08-26-2011, 08:47 PM

609 posts, read 1,139,494 times
That is why I'm relocating when my lease is up. Too much for too little space.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:49 PM

i used to pay 1175 for 650 sq ft in LA

Old 08-28-2011, 01:46 PM

26 posts, read 51,594 times
Thank you everybody for all your replies to my OP, Ive been in Kingwood, Texas for about three weeks now and I LOVE IT, I did not realize I was missing so many good things when I was in Miami, I live a less stressed out life now free of fear that somebody is going to cut me off in traffic, hit me with their car so they can call 411 PAIN, some ******* is going to disrespect my wife, or that somebody at work is going to throw me under the bus so he does not get fired but me. This is not by any means a party city, but then again, is where I want my daughters to grow up and go to school away from all that crazy stuff that happens in Miami. I leave my front door and my car door unlocked and everybody says Hi, Thank You, and when I go to pay for something at a store, the cashier actually looks at me and smile, Wow!!! And not to mention people here use their turn signals and slow down for pedestrians. My expenses got cut in half because rent is cheap, I got more space, and gas is $3.32 a gallon. I respect the opinions of those who love Miami, but I cannot be any happier to escape that madness. Good luck to those of you who want to move out and all I can say is DO IT, you will be happier.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:21 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofhere77 View Post
Thank you everybody for all your replies to my OP, Ive been in Kingwood, Texas for about three weeks now and I LOVE IT, I did not realize I was missing so many good things when I was in Miami, I live a less stressed out life now free of fear that somebody is going to cut me off in traffic, hit me with their car so they can call 411 PAIN, some ******* is going to disrespect my wife, or that somebody at work is going to throw me under the bus so he does not get fired but me. This is not by any means a party city, but then again, is where I want my daughters to grow up and go to school away from all that crazy stuff that happens in Miami. I leave my front door and my car door unlocked and everybody says Hi, Thank You, and when I go to pay for something at a store, the cashier actually looks at me and smile, Wow!!! And not to mention people here use their turn signals and slow down for pedestrians. My expenses got cut in half because rent is cheap, I got more space, and gas is $3.32 a gallon. I respect the opinions of those who love Miami, but I cannot be any happier to escape that madness. Good luck to those of you who want to move out and all I can say is DO IT, you will be happier.
I have been to Kingwoood many times ... prefer The Woodlands or Sugarland myself .... in all I like the Houston area ... it has more cultural offerings than the Miami area and a more dynamic economy .... but be careful what you post ... I am in the Houston area every two - three months and have met many people who hate the place .. hotter , more humid and more bugs than Miami along with terrible air quality .. yes Kingwood is a nice lily white enclave .. not as upscale or diverse as The Woodlands or Sugarland and traffic up 59 or I-45 is as bad as anywhere in South Florida also Houston has a crime rate as high as Miami ... SW Houston is as bad as Miami Gardens .. also although it has gotten better Houston due to its lack of zoning has many areas that are just butt ugly ... I would rate the quality of life just a notch above Miami ... it is not like you are moving to Austin which is an amazing little city ... I do give Houston kudos though for its people ... most are very friendly and open to help you although that is changing due to influx of people from other states and countries that do not share the same values as Houstonians .. also the beaches suck in Galveston and other parts of the gulf south of Houston . Glad you made your move and you are happy as Kingwood is a nice place ... but no nicer than many planned communities in South Florida
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami