Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2011, 04:33 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,074,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by valicky View Post
I know lots of people that live in West Kendall that are happy. Some Miami Dolphins cheerleaders seem to like it too.

Some Miami Dolphins cheerleaders call West Kendall home - West Kendall - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/07/25/2329570/some-miami-dolphins-cheerleaders.html - broken link)

I like East Kendal better myself .... but I stand corrected West Kendall does have some nice areas .

Old 08-02-2011, 05:16 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,897,831 times
I like East Kendall better too, but West Kendall isn't the slums. It's just regular family suburbia out here.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:30 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,265,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valicky View Post
I like East Kendall better too, but West Kendall isn't the slums. It's just regular family suburbia out here.
there are some parts of kendall i really like but i seriously fear homeowners associations.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:55 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Default Rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
you miami tourism board promoters would like to see me gone so you can continue to scrub miami's image. never going to happen.
i mean the lengths you go to, to try to bait me into vaguely breaking some rule.
you troll and then as soon as i bite you scream moderator.
****warning, this post will be deleted or edited by Doggiebus so read it while you can***

Cixel,

You come here claiming Miami changed you. Attacking people if they contracdict you, if they say anything positive about Miami. Miami changed you? Please. Sorry but people dont' change overnight unless a real tragedy (like the holocaust, gang rape) happens to them. Not moving to another city in this day and age when relocating/moving back is extremely easy. I think you are just a negative person, the type of person that LOVES to HATE. It's sad how a picture of Daddy Yankee looking kids boils your blood (I'm referring to some post about a car place that was closing)

You are incredibly naive if you think only criminals and lowlifes like Miami... this county has over 2 million people. Common sense?? I'm tired of reading your posts with absolute truths, and how you think you know everything about this city, when you live in that Hellhole called EAST Homestead.

You don't have to like everything but that doesn't mean everybody has to think like you. There are people that do like Miami and there are people who make good money here without resorting to criminal activities. and yes some enjoy living here. Miami is just a big city with rich and poor people.

Let's use some common sense,

I don't like seafood, I find it disgusting. I tried everything to like it. Does that mean everybody it's pretending they like Seafood? Do those people that claim to like seafood work for fisheries or seafood restaurants? That is Cixell LOGIC. Same with cities, some people like small town America, some of us don't. What it's so DAMN difficult to understand? You DON'T like Miami, you never will. Daddy Yankee looking men raise your blood pressure. GEt the hell out of Miam

Miami didn't make you anything. Life made you a negative person. You came like that from the factory. You are just the type of person that imposes your point of view and cannot see the grey areas or other people's point of view. Everybody has to like what you like. Everybody has to think how you think and whatever you say, it's the ultimate word. Anyone who contradicts your point of view has ulterior motives, like they are realtors or work for the chamber of commerce. Do you realize how ridiculous stupid your previous post is??

And on top of that, you won't leave this place because you Like tropical weather. I don't think that's the real reason you don't want to leave. You don't want to leave because people like you crave hate. Hate makes you happy, negativity makes you happy.

Cixell I'm tired of your negative and black and white post that's why I can't read this board anymore. When people can't find grey areas and cannot discuss a topic without resorting to personal attacks they really don't deserve any attention.

Princess

Last edited by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥; 08-02-2011 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: making it nicer

Old 08-02-2011, 07:57 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,191,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina1686 View Post
My reasons to move out of here (hopefully at the end of next year):

- Heat and humidy
- Lack of opportunites
- No professional jobs
- Expensive and worthless housing (so much money for a p.o.s. place)
- Obnoxious, rude, low-moral and ignorant people
- I don't feel like I'm living in the USA, I feel like I'm living in he Caribbean or Central America.
I REALLLY WANT TO MEET YOU.!!! I identify myself with your Miami hatred...

Old 08-02-2011, 08:02 PM

Why are people attacking Cixcell?? He is not guilty of anything.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:14 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,265,482 times
i hope doggiebus doesnt erase your post. you are certainly entitled to your opinion / rebuttal and i respect that.

i dont remember saying anything about daddy yankee. i dont even know much about that guy.

if you saw the forest in my yard you'd know i was here for the tropical climate.

ive seen person after person arrive in miami and become incredibly bitter. this city certainly isnt for most people and you can see that with all the negative press. what i worry about is those who would paint a picture of paradise to transplants who especially now are seeking out greener pastures while the economy is in ruins. i empathize and worry about those people.

i HAVE changed. dramatically so. my friends and family in socal can clearly see that. they see headlines about miami and think i'm nuts for living here. maybe i am nuts for living here but if it were so completely hellish id leave. i have more than enough money to go but i have a love/hate relationship. some days its great, other days its misery. (most of those misery days are when things dont work as smoothly as they do in the rest of the country)

there are good people here, there are people who really like it here. its just the majority of them are either transplants from overseas or were born here and that is the point i want to get across.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:35 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,897,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
there are some parts of kendall i really like but i seriously fear homeowners associations.
So do I. That's why we moved out of the Hammocks. We live in West Kendall with no HOA's. We do have some funky colored houses in my neighborhood.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:36 PM

What's wrong with HOAs?

Old 08-02-2011, 08:38 PM

407 posts, read 388,571 times
I was considering a move to Miami, until I started investigating.

Rep. Tom Tancredo: Miami Is a 'Third World Country'

Third World Miami (http://www.thefloridacitizen.com/component/content/article/179-third-world-miami - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami