Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 12:05 AM

380 posts, read 961,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetic_A View Post
What's 'general' speeding? LOL
As in, I have a vehicle capable of safely driving 10-15 mph over the speed limit. I shall do so.

Go on the capital beltway and you will see many drivers going this much over the speed limit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Pants on fire? Slow down and enjoy yourself and your time. I know its annoying when someone drives like they are the only one on the road and in the wrong lane..its not going to make it any better to rant about it, well maybe it will.

Maybe some one thinks you are undesirable because you drive nascar style.

Funny how someone that drives to slow is an idiot, and someone that drives to fast is a maniac.

In a way I am in agreement with you..pick the right lane and drive a consistent speed...traffic would flow much better for everyone....imo
Driving 10-15 mph is not nascar style if it is done properly in the left lane. It becomes nascar style when I must drive 20 mph three lanes to the right so I can politely and safely cut someone off to pass the unaware slow driver in the left lane.

I will then have to do the same thing about 6 car lengths ahead because half of miami-dade county missed the memo that the lane is for passing.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:41 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,940,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amIayankee? View Post
Driving 10-15 mph is not nascar style if it is done properly in the left lane. It becomes nascar style when I must drive 20 mph three lanes to the right so I can politely and safely cut someone off to pass the unaware slow driver in the left lane.

I will then have to do the same thing about 6 car lengths ahead because half of miami-dade county missed the memo that the lane is for passing.

Tell that to the police as they are writing you a speeding ticket, you aren't any better than the person ignorant about the passing lane, in fact I would take it over the speeding.

Old 08-21-2011, 04:31 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,266,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Tell that to the police as they are writing you a speeding ticket, you aren't any better than the person ignorant about the passing lane, in fact I would take it over the speeding.
i agree. whats wrong is wrong.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:46 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,217,602 times
Angry Archaic - How True

[quote=roadtrip75;20538447]It isn't just written in the law books. It is written on street signs on the expressway "Slower traffic keep right". Obviously, the problem is that the signs are written in an archaic language, English.

It's not only Florida......it's all over the good old USA......just take a ride on any parkway/expressway...and you can count the number of A-holes in the left lane doing 40 MPH in a 50 MPH Zone......some are on their cell phones...others talking with their passengers...others yelling at the kids in the car...the ones that are obilvious to the world or just don't give a duck......but the best one's are the super A-holes who do it on purpose and speed up as you attempt to pass them on the right...and then laugh as they block you in......unfortunately...there is no remedy other than running them off the road...but who can afford that......

As far as English being Archaic...don't worry...for the rest of the world is still learning it......it is just the good old USA that will be giving it up...perhaps one day it will be press 3 for English...

Old 08-21-2011, 09:15 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,266,387 times
aggressive driving in california usually rakes you in hundreds of dollars worth of tickets. oftentimes they hold you to the letter of the law there. it can be annoying sometimes but now in contrast i understand the value of it.

california speeding ticket prices:
California Speeding Ticket Prices - What Can You Expect to Pay?

where i used to live, parking tickets were an average of $45

Old 08-21-2011, 09:47 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,005,791 times
Quote:
Find me a cop who will give a ticket for going 10MPH over on the highway there are not many in Florida. 15 yea that is speeding especially during the day. But at night still the cops want to find people going 25 over. I have even passed FPH going 80 in a 55 by accident of course. Again they are looking for bigger fish to fry especially at night. We all know going 80mph on the straight 826 when it is empty at night is fine. That highway should be a 65mph limit like in broward not 55mph. I love I-75 with its 70mph, and on the turnpike I will just cruise at 82mph should never have a problem going that speed with FHP. They themselves know these are not dangerous speeds, as they drive at those speeds often.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:16 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,419,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Find me a cop who will give a ticket for going 10MPH over on the highway there are not many in Florida. 15 yea that is speeding especially during the day. But at night still the cops want to find people going 25 over. I have even passed FPH going 80 in a 55 by accident of course. Again they are looking for bigger fish to fry especially at night. We all know going 80mph on the straight 826 when it is empty at night is fine. That highway should be a 65mph limit like in broward not 55mph. I love I-75 with its 70mph, and on the turnpike I will just cruise at 82mph should never have a problem going that speed with FHP. They themselves know these are not dangerous speeds, as they drive at those speeds often.
i would have to agree with this. You can do 65 on I-95 golden glades to downtown but u wont get pulled over because everybody else is doing the same. Ive always been at 60 and occasionally pull to 70 but only at night with other cars. Now if youre doing 80 and then you stand out from the crowd then chances of getting pulled over is high. FHP in the Miami area on I-95 seem to be more lax compared to the other major highways. I take it to work and barely see anyone getting pulled over for speeding. I see more on the turnpike

Old 08-21-2011, 10:30 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,319,080 times
Quote:
Wrong, wrong, wrong. The guy who blocks the left lane and disrupts the flow of traffic is much more dangerous than the speeder.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
Wrong, wrong, wrong. The guy who blocks the left lane and disrupts the flow of traffic is much more dangerous than the speeder.
Yes. Raise the speed limit then the slower drivers will realize "Gee i am driving really slow and all these people tend to try and pass on the left lane I will get over as I am driving under the speed limit."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami