Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 11:14 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,087,599 times

Advertisements

I agree with the OP. Please, GTFO of the left lane. Use it for passing, and after you make your pass, get over. Or be aware of who is speeding up behind you.

I don't give a **** if you are "speeding" by going 7mph over the limit, MOVE, im going faster. In the mean time you will get the horn, high beams, the bird, and if you make me do a drastic move to get around you, you will get cut off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 12:55 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,265,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecofancy View Post
Middle/right/slow lane...any lane besides the fast lane really. Its worst when there are two lanes, no where to go.
i hate these nazi keep out of the fast lane people because their aggression makes it dangerous for everyone. most of my commute is 2 lanes heading north. i get over to let people pass but then i go back into the lane because there are people going like 50mph or worse in the slow lane. so back and forth and back and forth. its gotten easier in the fact you dont have to be in the passing lane just to get through the sunpass toll anymore.

but what i really cant stand is these aggressive drivers will put everyone elses lives at risk agonizing over the frustration of slow drivers in the passing lane. they will nearly hit everyone else cutting back and forth through all the cars in the 2 lanes just to get in front of everyone to reach an open span. that is unforgivable to me. that much much more dangerous than just waiting for a gap. f--- aggressive drivers - you are the problem.

take another example, the area by coral way and bird road. the lines are solid, you are not supposed to change lanes because its very narrow and very dangerous there. and then you have some aggressive driver behind you flashing his lights to try to get you to move out of the left lane out of only 2 lanes while going through that dangerous area. so you try to tell me who causes the accidents here?

with all this construction most of my commute is 2 lanes now. the aggressive drivers put everyones lives at risk.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:05 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times
So what does all of this left lane stuff look like when you have 5 lanes on both sides each like there is on I-95 ?

Old 08-22-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
So what does all of this left lane stuff look like when you have 5 lanes on both sides each like there is on I-95 ?
not sure. i dont usually go on I-95. its pretty far out of the way for me. if i have to go somewhere i usually take the turnpike. if i do cross over to it it is via 595.

Old 08-22-2011, 03:10 PM

1,108 posts, read 4,216,657 times
Cool ALittle Prejudice Are We

Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
i hate these nazi keep out of the fast lane people because their aggression makes it dangerous for everyone. most of my commute is 2 lanes heading north. i get over to let people pass but then i go back into the lane because there are people going like 50mph or worse in the slow lane. so back and forth and back and forth. its gotten easier in the fact you dont have to be in the passing lane just to get through the sunpass toll anymore.

but what i really cant stand is these aggressive drivers will put everyone elses lives at risk agonizing over the frustration of slow drivers in the passing lane. they will nearly hit everyone else cutting back and forth through all the cars in the 2 lanes just to get in front of everyone to reach an open span. that is unforgivable to me. that much much more dangerous than just waiting for a gap. f--- aggressive drivers - you are the problem.

take another example, the area by coral way and bird road. the lines are solid, you are not supposed to change lanes because its very narrow and very dangerous there. and then you have some aggressive driver behind you flashing his lights to try to get you to move out of the left lane out of only 2 lanes while going through that dangerous area. so you try to tell me who causes the accidents here?

with all this construction most of my commute is 2 lanes now. the aggressive drivers put everyones lives at risk.
Just because someone drives a BMW does not make him a Nazi......unless of course you are clairvoyant and forgot to mention that fact......the fact that someone in a sports car drives recklessly however...does qualify them for that A-hole Status...as well as the slow pokes in the left lane...who just don't give a Duck......the roads are never going to get any better...at least not in the near future...so perhaps when you see that madman...be it a Nazi in a BMW or someother Nazi type vehicle... in your rear view mirror...you should consider speeding up and moving over......at least this way you will put to rest some of your personal anger.......

Well it will not be tooooooo long before this thread is locked....

Old 08-22-2011, 04:50 PM

haha. bmw - nazi. lol i inferred no such thing

haha nazi in bmw.

thanks for the laugh.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:02 PM

221 posts, read 452,953 times
I get nervous driving in a pack of cars, I have an incessant urge to find a gap in the traffic and drive there. If that means cutting in and out of traffic to get there because people are blocking the left lane so be it.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlueBlue View Post
I get nervous driving in a pack of cars, I have an incessant urge to find a gap in the traffic and drive there. If that means cutting in and out of traffic to get there because people are blocking the left lane so be it.
youre a danger to everyone. youre essentially doing the opposite of what they beat into everyones heads in drivers training virtually everywhere else in the country.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:21 PM

380 posts, read 961,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Why open another thread about the same topic? Maybe cause you need attention and need to include offensive and controversial terms like Chonga? Why don't you do something more productive with your life, like prepare for Irene or learn a new language.
It was meant as an announcement and reminder to people and not as a repeat discussion on the bad driving Floridians are notorious for.

Last time I checked (including yesterday in fact) my name was gringo to most Miamians. I don't get offended. A lot of drivers I see doing this fit the description of a "Chonga" even though I'm not sure I could even describe one to a police officer. Maybe I should have said w*tback or reffee but that would have been off topic...

Check. Bought supplies.
Check. Studied Spanish for 8 years abroad and college level. Maybe I should learn another, you could be on to something...

Despite it all I don't think most Miamians will get the point of this thread. And it is not to antagonize anyone.

Last edited by amIayankee?; 08-22-2011 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: correcting my slander

Old 08-22-2011, 05:27 PM

380 posts, read 961,468 times
Default I had to read that one out loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
I agree with the OP. Please, GTFO of the left lane. Use it for passing, and after you make your pass, get over. Or be aware of who is speeding up behind you.

I don't give a **** if you are "speeding" by going 7mph over the limit, MOVE, im going faster. In the mean time you will get the horn, high beams, the bird, and if you make me do a drastic move to get around you, you will get cut off.
LOL thanks for agreeing but I might give you the bird if you did that to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami