Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2011, 10:00 AM

798 posts, read 1,460,907 times

Advertisements

I am a dental Technician but I end up being a driver in a Clinic since I earn more doing this than in a Dental Lab. Most ppl say " hey, Dental tech earn a lot" but that's a falacy. Only the Lab owner is who amount the bucks nor their employees since they pay by % nor a steady wage etc ..

I was thinking in studying another career but I realized that in Miami only the legal and health fields are profitable, maybe hospitality. But what if you don't like those fields, would you study them anyway just for the money or would you pursue your career of your dreams in despite of this bad economy?

It would be good to know how many people in Miami is doing a different job/activity different from what studied originally... Mention your original career and if you are currently working on it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 10:24 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,420,553 times
finished nursing as my first degree, and its my career right now

Old 08-31-2011, 10:26 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,268,861 times
i am fortunate i am doing exactly what i wanted to do but unfortunately my love for it is gone. its very routine now.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:33 AM

153 posts, read 288,081 times
I am studying Computer Engineering, and since I don't own a house here, if there won't be a good job for me here, I'll just move somewhere where is. And make my home there.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:51 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,268,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter94941 View Post
I am studying Computer Engineering, and since I don't own a house here, if there won't be a good job for me here, I'll just move somewhere where is. And make my home there.
go wherever you can find a job. theyre in short supply everywhere these days

Old 08-31-2011, 01:25 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,463,765 times
I'm doing exactly what I studied. Would I go to school to learn another field just for the money? No way, if you don't like what you do all the money in the world wouldn't matter if you hated going to work each day.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:40 PM

529 posts, read 1,145,806 times
I haven't changed majors but before taking major-related classes I wanted to go into the computer tech/CIS/IT path. But after reading around it seemed Management Information Systems might be better in the long run, so thats what I took and I've stuck with it. Hopefully it works out.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:19 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
I studied electrical engineering but never had a job in the field. My companies I started were in IT, and security camera/dvr systems respectively. Other jobs I had included tutoring college students, teaching courses, neon art, machining, equipment operation, and tree trimming. On the side I have done electronic and mechanical repairs for cash. Currently I am getting into farming and eventually alternative fuels.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:16 PM

49 posts, read 82,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelscorpio View Post
I am a dental Technician but I end up being a driver in a Clinic since I earn more doing this than in a Dental Lab. Most ppl say " hey, Dental tech earn a lot" but that's a falacy. Only the Lab owner is who amount the bucks nor their employees since they pay by % nor a steady wage etc ..

I was thinking in studying another career but I realized that in Miami only the legal and health fields are profitable, maybe hospitality. But what if you don't like those fields, would you study them anyway just for the money or would you pursue your career of your dreams in despite of this bad economy?

It would be good to know how many people in Miami is doing a different job/activity different from what studied originally... Mention your original career and if you are currently working on it or not.
As societies become more complex, the costs of meeting new challenges increase, until there comes a point where extra resources devoted to meeting new challenges produce diminihsing and then negative returns. At this point, societies become less complex (they collapse into smaller societies). Social problems are always (ultimately) a problem of recruiting enough energy to "fuel" the increasing social complexity which is necessary to solve ever-newer problems

Just google "Peak Oil" and you will have the answer.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:08 AM

798 posts, read 1,460,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
I'm doing exactly what I studied. Would I go to school to learn another field just for the money? No way, if you don't like what you do all the money in the world wouldn't matter if you hated going to work each day.

you are SO right! thks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: