Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 07:23 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolón View Post
----------

You are right.
Miamians flunked a very simple questionnaire with 12 questions.

1. Name 10 Nascar champions.
2. Do you know how to prepare racoon jerkies?
3. What is your favourite Football University?
4. Who's Miss Southern Belle Bimboette?
5. What is the correct pronunciation of Dog?
6. Name six P.C words that replace the N word.
7. Why Darwin is the devil himself?
8. How many pickups do you have?
9. Can you play the tune of the Dukes of Hazard?
10. What are the 10 signals that attest that Elvis came from planet Orion?
11. In what passage of the New Testament you can clearly read that the South will rise?
12. Do you go to church every Sunday? (Them papists don't need to answer)
ha, the southerners are nothing compared to people from the NE. Many think they "know it all" because they were born in NYC or in New Jersey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
Yes there are many educated , professional hard working Hispanics in Miami .. and there are plenty of low life uneducated leeches as well .. some may not be Mexican ... but there plenty of recently arrived Cubans and Central Americans who fill the void of these "renegade braceros " what ever the hell that means .... funny how a person who supposedly lives in Barcelona a continent away considers himself the bastion of Hispanic culture in Miami on this forum ???
Define uneducated. Not every immigrant without a college degree in Miami is a low life and a leech. Many are hard working people.

This country was built by immigrants and many came with little or no resources. There is no need to put down people because of their education level.

Anyway, Miami still remains the city with higher % of affluent hispanics.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:08 AM

932 posts, read 1,176,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
...because it has the highest % of Hispanics in any US city, so that stands to reason.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:10 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,074,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Define uneducated. Not every immigrant without a college degree in Miami is a low life and a leech. Many are hard working people.

This country was built by immigrants and many came with little or no resources. There is no need to put down people because of their education level.

Lack of ethics , morals , values and civics .. that is uneducated in my book ... you can have five college degrees and be a white collar low life criminal .. Anglo , Asian , Black or Hispanic it does not matter ... you did not understand my post ... thanks for the history lesson .. yes I know this country was built by immigrants ... you would have to be living in a cave not to know that ... I stand by my comment just as any other ethnicity , race or nationality Hispanics have both wonderful people and low lifes as well ... define uneducated = ok spend ten minutes at the Calle Ocho festival or at the Westland Mall in Hialeah then talk to me .. I have met high powered , honest wonderful hispanic professionals that excel in what they do .. yes some in Miami .... but more so in Chile , Uruguay , Mexico , Panama , Colombia or Argentina .. again you did not read my post properly ... not taking shots at Hispanics .. I am married to one as is one of my sisters .

Also you seem to believe that affluence equates to class , ethics or education .. it does not .

Last edited by Rock Newman; 09-25-2011 at 08:18 AM..

Old 09-25-2011, 08:22 AM

932 posts, read 1,176,968 times
Quote:
Lack of ethics , morals , values and civics .. that is uneducated in my book ... you can have five college degrees and be a white collar low life criminal .. Anglo , Asian , Black or Hispanic it does not matter ... you did not understand my post ... thanks for the history lesson .. yes I know this country was built by immigrants ... you would have to be living in a cave not to know that ... I stand by my comment just as any other ethnicity , race or nationality Hispanics have both wonderful people and low lifes as well ... define uneducated = ok spend ten minutes at the Calle Ocho festival then talk to me .. I have met high powered , honest wonderful hispanic professionals that excel in what they do .. yes some in Miami .... but more so in Chile , Uruguay , Mexico , Panama , Colombia or Argentina .. again you did not read my post properly ... not taking shots at Hispanics .. I am married to one as is ond of my sisters .
Rock,

This issue really has nothing to do with race anyway. I encountered many people in Miami who were lacking in the education, ethics and moral standards departments. These were people of all races too; Miami just seems to attract such people.

If it could clean up its act in that regard, it wouldn't be a bad place to live. The Medicare fraud certainly needs to be stopped as that particular "Miami problem" is coding the rest of us US taxpayers bilions of dollars.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:30 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
Having a piece of paper from an overpriced "educational" institution with regional accreditation is not the only way to be educated, in my opinion. In south Florida, an area with no energy resources, or any other industrial capacity the best way to wealth is fraud/drugs. Thus many of those with money are low lifes. Only Government jobs or multinational companies will pay a decent wage of offer benefits.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:38 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,074,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasvegas View Post
Rock,

This issue really has nothing to do with race anyway. I encountered many people in Miami who were lacking in the education, ethics and moral standards departments. These were people of all races too; Miami just seems to attract such people.

If it could clean up its act in that regard, it wouldn't be a bad place to live. The Medicare fraud certainly needs to be stopped as that particular "Miami problem" is coding the rest of us US taxpayers bilions of dollars.
So very true ... you make good posts when you are not ranting !!

Miami also has a large ghetto influence among its Hispanic , Black and even the few remaining Anglo youth .. that I just cannot stand .. too many thug and gangsta wannbees .... I dod not recall seeing that much ghetto influence in LA or NYC .. and I have lived in both . You also just do not see that in Argentina , Chile , Costa Rica . Brazil , Colombia or even Mexico among similar middle class youth ... I have to travel to San Juan , Puerto Rico tomorrow morning which is Daddy Yankee , plucked eyebrow central and even the people there are less ghetto than in much of Miami !!!

Old 09-25-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
So very true ... you make good posts when you are not ranting !!

Miami also has a large ghetto influence among its Hispanic , Black and even the few remaining Anglo youth .. that I just cannot stand .. too many thug and gangsta wannbees .... I dod not recall seeing that much ghetto influence in LA or NYC .. and I have lived in both . You also just do not see that in Argentina , Chile , Costa Rica . Brazil , Colombia or even Mexico among similar middle class youth ... I have to travel to San Juan , Puerto Rico tomorrow morning which is Daddy Yankee , plucked eyebrow central and even the people there are less ghetto than in much of Miami !!!
And what is our definition of ghetto? Listening to regeton? Having plucked eyebrows? So East NY, California gangs and Appalacha junkies are educated?

Every large city has problems. They all have high poverty and youth who act in unconventional ways. It's part of being young. Its like that Billy Joel song, neither Daddy Yankee or Pitbull start the fire.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:26 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom1001 View Post
A Men's Health magazine poll has put Miami as the least educated US city.Here's the 5 most and least educated.

Bottom 5

1.Miami,Fl
2.Cleveland,Oh
3.Las Vegas,NV
4.Stockton,Ca
5.Detroit,MI

Top 5

1.Madison,WI
2.Plano,TX
3.Raleigh,NC
4.Burlington,VT
5.Seattle,Wa
Just because they don't speak English, doesn't mean they are not educated. in #1.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Lack of ethics , morals , values and civics .. that is uneducated in my book ... you can have five college degrees and be a white collar low life criminal .. Anglo , Asian , Black or Hispanic it does not matter ... you did not understand my post ... thanks for the history lesson .. yes I know this country was built by immigrants ... you would have to be living in a cave not to know that ... I stand by my comment just as any other ethnicity , race or nationality Hispanics have both wonderful people and low lifes as well ... define uneducated = ok spend ten minutes at the Calle Ocho festival or at the Westland Mall in Hialeah then talk to me .. I have met high powered , honest wonderful hispanic professionals that excel in what they do .. yes some in Miami .... but more so in Chile , Uruguay , Mexico , Panama , Colombia or Argentina .. again you did not read my post properly ... not taking shots at Hispanics .. I am married to one as is one of my sisters .

Also you seem to believe that affluence equates to class , ethics or education .. it does not .
Rock, I spend enough time in Hialeah. While Im not a huge fan of East Hialeah(the oldest part of Hialeah where most young hispanics are US born) I admit there are plenty of regular decent people there

West Hialeah to me(where Wesland mall is) is OK. I always receive good customer service there. I never had an isue with anybody there and I go there at least 3 times a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami